• Nov 23rd, 2013 12:14 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 12, 2008
5 posts

GTA: Accountant Recommendations

Hi there,

I am looking for a new accountant as my current one become unreliable. Specifically, I am looking for a GTA accountant with experience with handling US and Canadian taxes for some with investment properties in the US.

Thanks in advance.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
5209 posts
409 upvotes
dougko wrote:
Nov 21st, 2013 9:21 pm
Hi there,

I am looking for a new accountant as my current one become unreliable.
Just curious, but what do you mean by your current accountant becoming unreliable?
[OP]
Oct 12, 2008
5 posts
CheapScotch wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2013 8:32 am
Just curious, but what do you mean by your current accountant becoming unreliable?
To make a long story short, he's sole proprietor and ran into health and personal issues. And as a result has filed my 2011 return incorrectly and still has not filed my 2012 return after more than half a year.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1480 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
sweeperman1 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2013 10:31 am
ian binns of tax partners in Newmarket. cant be beat
first post - business review

I wonder if Ian goes by the internet alias of sweeperman1?
[OP]
Oct 12, 2008
5 posts
Yah, not the first forum I'm on with first poster issues. That said, even if legit I'm not hulling my butt from downtown Toronto to Newmarket.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5180 posts
309 upvotes
Markham
dougko wrote:
Nov 21st, 2013 9:21 pm
Hi there,

I am looking for a new accountant as my current one become unreliable. Specifically, I am looking for a GTA accountant with experience with handling US and Canadian taxes for some with investment properties in the US.

Thanks in advance.
My brother does US/cdn taxes. An RFD member had his US taxes done by him and had nothing but good things to say:
laptop-tech wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2013 10:30 pm
I have used the services of Adeel's brother and would easily recommend it. My taxes were a bit complicated, with multiple income properties in the US, tons of deductions, t2200 for 2 Canadian income earners... Got it all done in a few days, and will certainly come back next year.
You can pm laptop-tech directly. If you want my bro's contact, feel free to PM.