Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[GTA] Astoria Shish Kebob House BOGO Souvlaki Dinner on Tuesdays & Wednesdays

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 1:26 pm
Sep 24, 2013
51 posts
145 upvotes
Markham

[GTA] Astoria Shish Kebob House BOGO Souvlaki Dinner on Tuesdays & Wednesdays

Deal Link:
Savings:
BOGO
Astoria Shish Kebob House is currently offering a Buy One Get One Free offer for a small or large pork/chicken souvlaki dinner on Tuesdays & Wednesdays (thanks @Pochacco for the update).
Souvlaki dinner comes with a Greek salad, roast potatoes, rice, pita bread, and tzatziki.

All locations participating:
  • Danforth: (416) 463-2838
  • Mississauga: (905) 615-1444
  • Vaughan: (905) 303-3103
  • Newmarket: (905) 895-0123
  • Richmond Hill: (905) 508-2525

Expiry date: not specified although I'm sure you could call into your location and ask ahead of time.
Last edited by kuchisabishii on Feb 14th, 2021 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
36 replies
Jun 23, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
I used to go to the Dundas and 427 locations all the time and the food was good. Haven’t been since Covid.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1660 posts
1945 upvotes
Great delicious food, but portion wise it's small.
Ordered 2 large dinners, and it was more suitable for an adult and a child, not two adults!!!
Can't imagine what you get when you order 2 small dinners!!!
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
You're gonna need both orders to feel somewhat full.

These guys really skimp on the food.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1660 posts
1945 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: You're gonna need both orders to feel somewhat full.

These guys really skimp on the food.
Maybe that's why they offer the BOGO!
It's actually an order split into twoFace With Tears Of Joy!!!
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
When I used to to Astoria back in the day, the portion sizes were really good, when I look at the pics on Yelp/Google, not so much anymore and prices are not cheap either $20 for a regular and $23 for large Pork Souvlaki.
With this 2 for 1, $23 for two large pork souvlaki's is good. I might give it a try next week for a belated Valentine's day meal LOL [need to give myself a reason to do takeout sometimes].

Just for reference, a Pork Souvlaki Sandwich is $14. For $14 I'd expect some fries and a drink to go with that.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 17, 2011
906 posts
921 upvotes
Toronto
We ordered the large and while enough for me, it wasn't enough for my late teen boys or husband. Honestly felt like smalls.
At the time the BOGO offer was only with uber eats/door dash and the prices were slightly higher than ordering direct. Ordering direct was buy one, get one half off. It was actually cheaper to order with an app but we ordered direct to get the $$ to the restaurant. We liked it well enough, but not enough to order it again.
Aug 7, 2004
118 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Go there to dine in all the time and the portions were good, especially for a large, usually 5 or 6 balls of meat. Had a conversation with friends yesterday and said they did take out and the food tasted like it was heated up microwave food. Was not impressed. Might have to try it though with this offer.
Mar 26, 2018
102 posts
129 upvotes
The Danforth used to be one of my favourite places to dine in. Accounting for the fact that take-out will not be as good as in-person, COVID-19 deal was a underwhelming. I really enjoyed their pork souvlaki dish in person, but the take-out was over-done/dry. As mentioned, the portions were significantly smaller. I won't be going back until we open up in-person dining again.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2286 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
I buy from the Mississauga location, and I find the meat portions to be the same as dinein before, but the sides and salads are smaller. One large is definitely enough for me, no way can I eat two.

Taste is still just as good though. Tastes just like the one at the Danforth
Aug 7, 2004
118 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
DarkReaper wrote: I buy from the Mississauga location, and I find the meat portions to be the same as dinein before, but the sides and salads are smaller. One large is definitely enough for me, no way can I eat two.

Taste is still just as good though. Tastes just like the one at the Danforth
Bummer. The salad and rice is a big part of the experience and fills you up.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
jrshopper wrote: We ordered the large and while enough for me, it wasn't enough for my late teen boys or husband. Honestly felt like smalls.
At the time the BOGO offer was only with uber eats/door dash and the prices were slightly higher than ordering direct. Ordering direct was buy one, get one half off. It was actually cheaper to order with an app but we ordered direct to get the $$ to the restaurant. We liked it well enough, but not enough to order it again.
If you have a pic...post it. If it's served in one of those usual round black containers, the sizing is definitely more like a small IMO.

This is what someone posted back in April 2020 as a large. Where's the usual light "red/orangey tomato and lemon sauce" on the rice/potatoes?

astoria Capture.JPG

Back in the day, you'd get bread for the table, the LARGE was a separate full sized plate of salad [iceberg lettuce, a couple of wedges of tomato, a few olives, some sweet onion and a couple of scoops of feta] and then a full sized plate of potatoes and rice and probably five or six large golf-ball sized pieces of meat and a good sized smear of tzatziki.

Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2286 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: If you have a pic...post it. If it's served in one of those usual round black containers, the sizing is definitely more like a small IMO.

This is what someone posted back in April 2020 as a large. Where's the usual light "red/orangey tomato and lemon sauce" on the rice/potatoes?

astoria Capture.JPG

Back in the day, you'd get bread for the table, the LARGE was a separate full sized plate of salad [iceberg lettuce, a couple of wedges of tomato, a few olives, some sweet onion and a couple of scoops of feta] and then a full sized plate of potatoes and rice and probably five or six large golf-ball sized pieces of meat and a good sized smear of tzatziki.
I ordered a few weeks ago and I got the red/orangey tomato and lemon sauce thing. The containers are the same for S/L and the only difference is the amount of meat. The Mississauga location definitely has chunkier meat than pictured.

Every restaurant since back in the day has had their portions shrunk. I don't think anyone gives free garlic bread anymore, at most it's pitas.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5368 upvotes
For dine-in in yrs past, the portions are very big, especially the amount of carbs/salad they give. I find this to be the case with most Greek restaurants, the amount of carbs/salad is enough for 2 meals (but you would need more protein to make it 2 meals). However, seems like for Uber promo they really cut back portion size. BOGO + Uber taking 30% cut, I understand why they did this but they probably shouldn't have advertised it as BOGO if they're going to reduce portion size so much.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1384 posts
575 upvotes
Went to the Richmond Hill location once (way before covid).
Portions were small, prices were pretty expensive. Never went back.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2719 posts
6214 upvotes
Mississauga
They used to have a similar offer but instead of being only once a week it was offered everyday as long you ordered through the Ubereats app. It would work for delivery and pickup and it did also stack with the occasional discount codes that ubereats used to offer.

Food is good and portions to me seemed pretty reasonable. It’s not cheap if you are paying regular but a great deal is you are getting a buy one get one free offer.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
jetertmac wrote: They used to have a similar offer but instead of being only once a week it was offered everyday as long you ordered through the Ubereats app. It would work for delivery and pickup and it did also stack with the occasional discount codes that ubereats used to offer.

Food is good and portions to me seemed pretty reasonable. It’s not cheap if you are paying regular but a great deal is you are getting a buy one get one free offer.
For pickup - I really don't understand why they offer such good deals "as long as you ordered thru the UBEREATS app". Why not just take the order on the phone if the customer is doing pickup as there's no commission.

Maybe UBEREATS doesn't take a cut for pickup orders or maybe it's very small?

Jul 11, 2009
853 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
wish i could find my time machine and go back 15 years for some Astoria. prices were about 50% less, portions 50% bigger and during Taste of Danforth, they grilled their pork soulvaki over charcoal (they don't for dine-in), was literally amazingly juicy and had amazing flavour. too bad about the current price, quality & quantity.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
meh! very pricey for what you get! small portions, crunchy chicken chunks.......just grab afghan kebabs for a healthier, tastier, spicier, more satisfying meal! You'll have some left over bucks in your wallet also!!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)