Computers & Electronics

[GTA] Do you get Fairchild TV on channel 36 on any of the new Rogers TV packages? (Select/Popular/Premier)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2018 8:55 am
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1267 posts
47 upvotes

[GTA] Do you get Fairchild TV on channel 36 on any of the new Rogers TV packages? (Select/Popular/Premier)

Curious for Rogers subscribers who are in the Scarborough/Markham/Richmond Hill and are on any of the new Rogers TV packages (Select/Popular/Premier), do you get Fairchild TV on channel 36?

I'm thinking of moving from my old Digital Plus package which does include Fairchild and bundling on a deal I received but this is a dealbreaker if it's not included. Would appreciate anyone who could help me find out.

I would call Rogers but from past experience, their CSRs know less than people do here about this type of stuff and first hand information is always better.

Thanks in advance!
8 replies
May 19, 2009
9 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill
I want to know that too. I currently way too much for my Plus package and I need to call Rogers now.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5730 upvotes
LOL....
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Not in the Popular package. My discount is over in January so I have been talking to retention. Sounds like Fairchild is an add on no matter what you choose. And the HD and SD versions are all in a one price add on. I ended up cancelling cable all together as it's getting more and more expensive.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5730 upvotes
why do you guys go through so much hassel..there r other ways..LOL
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8427 posts
4672 upvotes
Durham
Macross_Freek wrote: Curious for Rogers subscribers who are in the Scarborough/Markham/Richmond Hill and are on any of the new Rogers TV packages (Select/Popular/Premier), do you get Fairchild TV on channel 36?

I'm thinking of moving from my old Digital Plus package which does include Fairchild and bundling on a deal I received but this is a dealbreaker if it's not included. Would appreciate anyone who could help me find out.

I would call Rogers but from past experience, their CSRs know less than people do here about this type of stuff and first hand information is always better.

Thanks in advance!
pICKUP THE PHONE AND CALL THE CHINESE LINE AND ASK!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3292 posts
988 upvotes
I just switched from plus to premier, so none of the new packages include Fairchild, I was going to choose select and add Fairchild for $15 (parents have to have it) but then the retention rep work out a deal for with premier (premier allows you to choose one specialty channel, Fairchild is not one of them, but the rep override that so I can choose Fairchild). So at the end I end up paying like $1 more for premier over select + Fairchild
Jun 9, 2017
263 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
I’m in a very similar situation as the original poster.

I’m currently under the legacy Digital VIP plan (that includes Fairchild in Scarborough) for TV and on the legacy Ignite 60 (200 GB limit). My bundle discount just ended so will be contacting Rogers shortly to get a new discount. I’m not certain whether Rogers will allow me to keep the legacy Digital VIP plan. From checking their website, it looks like Fairchild needs to be added on top of their new TV packages ($14.95 - $17.00) so it works out being more expensive. Our current internet plan meets are needs so not actively looking to change it.

I’m going to try Rogers’ Cantonese / Mandarin line. I figure the customer representatives there will be most familiar with getting a deal that includes Fairchild either by keeping the legacy Digital VIP plan or switching out to their new TV packages.
Jun 11, 2013
98 posts
124 upvotes
TheSix
Any updates? My parents want to watch Fairchild too.