• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2018 12:16 pm
Jul 31, 2007
302 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough
ScarboroughGenY wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 2:16 pm
No they didn't mention any specific reason for the delay. I know previously the City of Pickering was the reason for delaying the project last year. But the rep told me they have received all approvals needed to move forward and unlike other developments the infrastructure will be built a lot sooner.
Any information whether its line up or invitation using emails as they said.
Jan 1, 2013
805 posts
231 upvotes
Durham
ScarboroughGenY wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 2:16 pm
No they didn't mention any specific reason for the delay. I know previously the City of Pickering was the reason for delaying the project last year. But the rep told me they have received all approvals needed to move forward and unlike other developments the infrastructure will be built a lot sooner.
Meh. I call BS. They saw how hot Mattamy was and delayed so they can up the prices. They first sent emails saying coming soon with a starting price below Mattamy. Mattamy sold like hot cake and then they "delayed" and removed those prices.
Feb 2, 2017
18 posts
1 upvote
If you guys think mattamy Whitby is priced high now..wait till phase 2 and 3. This is the beginning. Over 600 homes planned for queen common.
Jul 1, 2016
11 posts
1 upvote
Any update on phase 4 in country lane. I see the website shows townhomes are next for andrin homes. Just curious if anyone knows when the release date will be and starting price point (550?)
Feb 2, 2017
18 posts
1 upvote
I heard there is a release coming tomorrow or next Thursday. Stay tuned to your emails!
Jan 30, 2008
562 posts
89 upvotes
Zzztop wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 9:45 pm
I heard there is a release coming tomorrow or next Thursday. Stay tuned to your emails!
For which development?
Jan 31, 2016
374 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Durham sales up date.

“We’re seeing record highs in average selling price in January,” said Bouma. The average selling price in Durham reached $608,417 last month. In comparison, the average selling price was $446,117 during the same period last year; a 36 per cent increase.

More here : http://www.durhamrealestate.org/blogEntry.cfm?b=14115
Feb 8, 2017
42 posts
5 upvotes
Hey everyone,

Glad to read the comments. I am a new purchaser to live in a property in Pickering since I was priced out everywhere else. It appears 80% if not more of the people posting here are buying just to flip it in the short term. Seriously, what a repeat of 2007 US scenario building up with people taking out loans on their current equity artificially raising up prices. Many of you complain about the housing prices on foreigners and yet the locals are lining up for their 3rd or 4th home just to flip it. Keep it up! In a particular year all yall will put all your properties up for sale and won't find buyers like in Brampton now with the forecasted 2% devaluation.

OH I am sure the CRA and Dept. of Finance monitors these forums. Tax all yall sales as inventory. Some of you will be winners but many of you losers. Canada is a huge country and Ontario population growth has decreased compared to places like Manitoba etc. where the immigrants are going. A sad state on GTA property prices built not by foreigners but locals.

Anyway, got to make the dough somehow right and then greed creeps in and takes over!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3505 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto
ZachKhan wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 9:34 am
Hey everyone,

Glad to read the comments. I am a new purchaser to live in a property in Pickering since I was priced out everywhere else. It appears 80% if not more of the people posting here are buying just to flip it in the short term. Seriously, what a repeat of 2007 US scenario building up with people taking out loans on their current equity artificially raising up prices. Many of you complain about the housing prices on foreigners and yet the locals are lining up for their 3rd or 4th home just to flip it. Keep it up! In a particular year all yall will put all your properties up for sale and won't find buyers like in Brampton now with the forecasted 2% devaluation.

OH I am sure the CRA and Dept. of Finance monitors these forums. Tax all yall sales as inventory. Some of you will be winners but many of you losers. Canada is a huge country and Ontario population growth has decreased compared to places like Manitoba etc. where the immigrants are going. A sad state on GTA property prices built not by foreigners but locals.

Anyway, got to make the dough somehow right and then greed creeps in and takes over!
.... ok

thank you 1-post wonder

it's not the first time we've seen priced out buyers post on RFD going on about their butt hurt rant.
Feb 2, 2017
18 posts
1 upvote
Hahahaha please continue your search in Brampton Khan. Durham is hot right now and will continue to rise.
Feb 12, 2008
175 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Looking at Mattamy's last release... Flippers are not the only ones to blame.. I saw far to many families clearly made up of three, sometimes four generations of people trying to buy one home. If 3+ person income familes didnt exist, I'm pretty sure million dollar 2K sqft homes would not exist either.
Jan 30, 2008
562 posts
89 upvotes
Not really sure what the point of this email was because I don't actually see any new info on the website (in terms of home designs).
Images
  • Untitled.png
May 6, 2015
615 posts
142 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Yes I did too - kind of excited now that they have images. Love the design previews, i was hoping for modern designs which they included. I guess they also have a mix of traditional designs.
Nov 21, 2006
8 posts
rigalpatel wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 12:37 pm
Yes I did too - kind of excited now that they have images. Love the design previews, i was hoping for modern designs which they included. I guess they also have a mix of traditional designs.
Do you have access to design previews other than the image attached in the email? I did not see any new info on their site.