Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2017 4:30 pm
May 6, 2015
549 posts
106 upvotes
Lebovic actually owns majority of the land in the new seaton development. Their 25k homes signage has been up since 2014. Don't forget they finished a project at Taunton and Brock as well. So this could include those houses too.
Feb 12, 2008
120 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
With all activity in Durham with regards to new builds, this thread has been great... However I noticed its been getting hard and harder to find information and continue contributing to specific development thread. For that reason... I made a new forum... its still a work in progress and running on hardware with light resources. Hopefully it will met the needs for Durham and we can make this topic great again (lol)

http://durhamnewbuilds.com/

For all those who contributed pictures (sites & lines ups), pricing, incentive details and any other information related to builders, I kindly ask that you create an account and upload them into the correct categories.. The info we add will either make or break the success of the forum.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3017 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
MrCeddy wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 4:27 pm
With all activity in Durham with regards to new builds, this thread has been great... However I noticed its been getting hard and harder to find information and continue contributing to specific development thread. For that reason... I made a new forum... its still a work in progress and running on hardware with light resources. Hopefully it will met the needs for Durham and we can make this topic great again (lol)

http://durhamnewbuilds.com/

For all those who contributed pictures (sites & lines ups), pricing, incentive details and any other information related to builders, I kindly ask that you create an account and upload them into the correct categories.. The info we add will either make or break the success of the forum.
Or you can just head over to the building homes forum and browse the durham region sub-forums there.

Why reinvent the wheel?
Feb 12, 2008
120 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Repooc wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 8:10 pm
Or you can just head over to the building homes forum and browse the durham region sub-forums there.

Why reinvent the wheel?
At BuildingHomes (forum), Whitby forum has 16 topics total with the latest of being Jan 2016, and a Durham Forum has 21 topics from Jan 2016 to current.
Milton decided to "reinvent the wheel" for the Hawthorne Village and they have hundreds of topics and thousands of posts related directly to their community. It seems when something is made for a specific group of people, that group of people tend to be more involve. Hopefully your not offended by the creation of this, and your question was answered.
May 12, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
York, ON
I know someone who purchased a detached home at Mattamy Seaton during phase 1. I believe their lot number is 15 and they just received notice that their July '16 closing has been is postponed to November '16.
Feb 2, 2017
18 posts
1 upvote
Yea I agree... what's your point? 970 for a detached should be no surprise haha

It's going to be a fun summer for prices.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
3895 posts
218 upvotes
my point is that on the same street 3 months ago, larger house with better features sold for 870k. your link to oshawa is very helpful with whatever point you're making...garbage
jonnyb wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 10:09 pm
What's your point?

http://www.tributecommunities.com/commu ... idge-homes
Zzztop wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 10:12 pm
Yea I agree... what's your point? 970 for a detached should be no surprise haha

It's going to be a fun summer for prices.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9196 posts
1090 upvotes
Toronto
mingyang wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 11:18 am
just saw this house sold for 970k in ajax. what the f.......
http://watch.ohmyhome.ca/#/mls/E3709303
I just saw one in ajax sell for 1.1 mil. More north near the golf course. My friend sold their house less than a year ago, right across the street in the mid 700s. Though the mil one had a finished basement. These things were in the 400s new in 2011.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
3895 posts
218 upvotes
at1212b wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 10:47 pm
I just saw one in ajax sell for 1.1 mil. More north near the golf course. My friend sold their house less than a year ago, right across the street in the mid 700s. Though the mil one had a finished basement. These things were in the 400s new in 2011.
yes i saw that one as well. that house is sold by second owner, they bought for like 780k ish in 2015. similar model house are sold 950 ish. i like that model but it's only 2690ish sqft but these listing agent keep listing as 3000SQFT because partial finished basement, so basically 150k premium for that big pie big back yard.
Dec 27, 2007
951 posts
292 upvotes
Oshawa
You should have provided a little more detail in your original post.

I think my point went right over your head as it was not about garbage. It was about how houses further east are selling for more than what you posted. Many would consider 970k in Ajax to be a deal. I'm guessing you were looking for the shock and awe response but it was in reality more of a yawner.
mingyang wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 10:42 pm
my point is that on the same street 3 months ago, larger house with better features sold for 870k. your link to oshawa is very helpful with whatever point you're making...garbage
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
3895 posts
218 upvotes
jonnyb wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 11:08 pm
You should have provided a little more detail in your original post.

I think my point went right over your head as it was not about garbage. It was about how houses further east are selling for more than what you posted. Many would consider 970k in Ajax to be a deal. I'm guessing you were looking for the shock and awe response but it was in reality more of a yawner.
you are listing prices of home that are going to be built in 3 years. my wtf comment was simply based on the resale price of that area recently, i bet u know nothing about that specific area. what u gonna say now? post some more future build prices?
Dec 27, 2007
951 posts
292 upvotes
Oshawa
How much are we betting?
The Tribute site actually starts closing June of this year. There are numerous other builders sites with homes closing in as little as 6 months from now in Oshawa, some even in Courtice that are selling for well over a million.
If you would like me to expand and look at the previous Tribute phase for resales a number of them have gone for 900k +. Most of those homes were bought a little over 2 years ago for 500k so they're appreciating quite nicely.
mingyang wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 11:22 pm
you are listing prices of home that are going to be built in 3 years. my wtf comment was simply based on the resale price of that area recently, i bet u know nothing about that specific area. what u gonna say now? post some more future build prices?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)