• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2017 12:29 pm
Jul 31, 2007
257 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
LauraG109094 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 7:13 pm
Bought our townhouse in January 2016 mattamy phase 1 with a closing of July 11 2017, just got an email notice yesterday stating we've been delayed to November 8, 2017! I was expecting a delay but not 5 months....
If you read the agreement correctly. You would have seen the delay notices agreement and notices the 3 dates mattamy has given. 5month notice is common and it same with my home.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4324 posts
2164 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Kkhan15 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:55 pm
To think in 2013 we were able to see our house twice before putting in an offer. An offer that was less then listed and accepted. I think the rises started in 2013 because a few months after we bought, semi's hit the price we paid. Bowmanville sure does look good now
To be honest even in late spring 2015 in Bowmanville there was little in the way of bidding wars and properties still able to be bought for 5-10k under asking! A year later...not a chance. With the 407 and Go anticipation the area went red hot.
Jan 1, 2013
571 posts
108 upvotes
Durham
cartfan123 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 7:11 am
To be honest even in late spring 2015 in Bowmanville there was little in the way of bidding wars and properties still able to be bought for 5-10k under asking! A year later...not a chance. With the 407 and Go anticipation the area went red hot.
Still better then looking at a listing in Ajax, Whitby or Oshawa and thinking CRAP! gotta add $100,000-$150,000 on top of the asking.
May 6, 2015
507 posts
80 upvotes
LauraG109094 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 7:13 pm
Bought our townhouse in January 2016 mattamy phase 1 with a closing of July 11 2017, just got an email notice yesterday stating we've been delayed to November 8, 2017! I was expecting a delay but not 5 months....
Sorry if i'm getting too technical but i thought Jan release was phase 2 for towns and phase 1 for detached. I haven't received a delay noticed yet for my detached bought in Jan. Anyone else want to share if they received delay notices?
Jan 31, 2016
369 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cartfan123 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 7:11 am
Bang on, We bought our new build in spring 2015 and at that time you could put a lot on hold as you decided. A vinyl 1300 sq ft Bowmanville home in 2015 sold for 300ish now they are selling for 520k plus. Heck, end towns are selling for 520ish now.

Even Newcastle is booming. A 1500 sq ft home is listed now for 550k and I bet it goes over asking. There is another nice 50ft lot new home (2500ish sq ft) for 800K.
Mar 2, 2016
64 posts
10 upvotes
rigalpatel wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 8:06 am
Sorry if i'm getting too technical but i thought Jan release was phase 2 for towns and phase 1 for detached. I haven't received a delay noticed yet for my detached bought in Jan. Anyone else want to share if they received delay notices?
I purchased a townhouse in January 2016 as well for a March 2018 closing and its considered phase 1
Dec 7, 2016
3 posts
We bought in January 2016 when they had the second release of towns for phase 1. I have been driven by and street signs, roads, electrical wires fire hydrants are all there so hopefully they start soon so I can get my house in November. There were closing dates for towns even earlier then my original closing so I'm assuming those people have been delayed as well..
Mar 2, 2016
64 posts
10 upvotes
LauraG109094 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 1:52 pm
We bought in January 2016 when they had the second release of towns for phase 1. I have been driven by and street signs, roads, electrical wires fire hydrants are all there so hopefully they start soon so I can get my house in November. There were closing dates for towns even earlier then my original closing so I'm assuming those people have been delayed as well..
The first closing dates for this project are June 2017. Closing dates for phase 1 only with towns and detached span from June 2017 all the way to July 2018. Hopefully this is your only delay notice.
May 6, 2015
507 posts
80 upvotes
I've learned to accept delays in pre-conf so i take every builder with a grain of salt when they say we don't delay (this is what I was told by our sales rep for the detached lot we booked) but given the very very mild winter i don't know what reason it could be for this.

The city has also given all the proper permits. Maybe they are short on labour or something. But i'd actually prefer a delayed closing. Mine is set for Feb 2018 - can't be bothered moving in Winter but a march end or even April delay would be nice
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
3850 posts
186 upvotes
i've heard that there shortage of specific type of trades. such as framer/brick layering. if you look at kijiji, some developers even advertise there to hire people!!
May 8, 2016
19 posts
1 upvote
I bought my town in March of 2016. I believe this was phase 2, first release though. I understand they had another release which was still considered phase 2.

Although I still haven't received any notification from them advising of a delay in closing, mine is schedule for May 2018, I believe the delay can be attributed to the trades strike they had a few months ago. This has impacted other builders too, not just Mattamy. Though I agree, always take the closing date with a grain of salt. The only builder in my experience that doesn't usually delay, especially without a very good reason, is Great Gulf. Not sure if others have had a different experience with them.
rigalpatel wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 3:15 pm
I've learned to accept delays in pre-conf so i take every builder with a grain of salt when they say we don't delay (this is what I was told by our sales rep for the detached lot we booked) but given the very very mild winter i don't know what reason it could be for this.

The city has also given all the proper permits. Maybe they are short on labour or something. But i'd actually prefer a delayed closing. Mine is set for Feb 2018 - can't be bothered moving in Winter but a march end or even April delay would be nice
Jul 31, 2007
257 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
Huzzbuzz wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 9:22 pm
I bought my town in March of 2016. I believe this was phase 2, first release though. I understand they had another release which was still considered phase 2.
I bought my town house same time. My closing is Feb 2018. Hoping i will get a couple of month delay into spring similar to you. Let me know if you receive any delay notices people. I will do the same.

regards
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2381 posts
253 upvotes
Ajax
redkulat wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 4:43 pm
The new Lakeridge on ramp and off ramp is now open. Will be interesting to see if any new developers target the land in that area.

The new Mattamy development is just east of Lakeridge on Dundas. That whole stretch of Lakeridge between Bayley and Dundas has no municipal sewer, no municipal water, the well water is not potable and no high speed internet. I don't think this has changed in the past few years, However I could be wrong and this of course could change. The land that the 401 exit is on (I love this damn exit!) was expropriated a few years ago. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/0 ... attle.html
In retrospect, I guess the landowner got a raw deal from the province. 400K was way too low for that amount of land in that location.
May 6, 2015
507 posts
80 upvotes
Hey guys,

I just received an email from minto homes regarding their next release of towns if anyone's interested:

We are releasing the
last 22 suites at Berkshire Abbey
on Saturday March 18th,
and as a Priority Registrant,
we want to give YOU first access.

On Wednesday March 15th we will
send out an email with instructions on
how you can get on the RSVP list.
You will not be able to attend the
Final Release Event without having
your name on our official RSVP list.

Watch your inbox!

Purchase a Saddle Town at our
Final Release and receive our
GET INVESTED PACKAGE
– a total value of $23,000

★ Property Management Services
valued up to $4,000, including:
• Free HST Rebate Service
• PDI and Colour Selection services
• Rental of your home
• Complimentary Home Insurance
★ $15,000 Furniture Voucher
★ $4,000 Towards Your Closing Costs
★ Total Value*.............................$23,000
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
8999 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
Alot of times, homes can be 'approved' but the actual service and development of an area (city infrastructure extension) can delay the ability for a builder to commence sales significantly. I'm wondering given the size of the North Durham expansion, if they're running into those issues. My friend is waiting for a Mattamy one in North Pickering.