Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:00 am
Jul 31, 2007
304 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough
Only difference I see here. In terms of benefit comparing to Mattamy Seaton. Future proposed Schools in the plan. Like Mattamy site plan has no school in the area. So I can see people taking interest in that for long term. Like Seaton location you would have to drive your kids to near by school in New Seaton.
May 6, 2015
735 posts
220 upvotes
Unionville, ON
blazinpista wrote: Only difference I see here. In terms of benefit comparing to Mattamy Seaton. Future proposed Schools in the plan. Like Mattamy site plan has no school in the area. So I can see people taking interest in that for long term. Like Seaton location you would have to drive your kids to near by school in New Seaton.
Screw that, they'll walk lol
May 6, 2015
735 posts
220 upvotes
Unionville, ON
mingyang wrote: Taunton should parallel with Rossland so it's still in that box? I guess they start selling from the south side then to the north where Taunton is.
So i was confused with this too but Rossland actually ends just east of brock. This development will expand the tail end of rossland to taunton where it currently is a sideline road. It's almost like a curved L shape with new seaton in place where as before it would be exactly parallel to taunton ending at brock.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5071 upvotes
East GTA
New John Boddy release this Saturday. Majority semis and towns.
Images
  • 2017-05-25_15-45-25.jpg
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
May 3, 2017
18 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: New John Boddy release this Saturday. Majority semis and towns.
i just got the price from them approximately 1 million for the 34 lot and 1.1 for the 40 lot... price jumped 100k from the march release they had... so expensive.... i will probably pass
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
bananae wrote: i just got the price from them approximately 1 million for the 34 lot and 1.1 for the 40 lot... price jumped 100k from the march release they had... so expensive.... i will probably pass
Which again backs up my idea that the builders haven't got the memo that things have stalled...and hence not even satisfied with the high prices they got in March. It will be entertaining to me when the only people that show up on release day are people wanting free coffee or to use the washroom.
Dec 31, 2011
190 posts
52 upvotes
Ajax
cartfan123 wrote: Which again backs up my idea that the builders haven't got the memo that things have stalled...and hence not even satisfied with the high prices they got in March. It will be entertaining to me when the only people that show up on release day are people wanting free coffee or to use the washroom.
No one is reading a memo and the builders could care less. Real estate is moving on a fast one way traIn. Miss the train and not only will you miss the opportunities to buy but you won't even be able to get that free coffee.

By Saturday afternoon JOhn Boddy will be sold out. I live across the street from the office. Why don't you come on by now and see the lineup.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
cobs00 wrote: No one is reading a memo and the builders could care less. Real estate is moving on a fast one way traIn. Miss the train and not only will you miss the opportunities to buy but you won't even be able to get that free coffee.

By Saturday afternoon JOhn Boddy will be sold out. I live across the street from the office. Why don't you come on by now and see the lineup.
This doesn't sound like a well balanced comment. "Miss the train." Please.
May 24, 2017
5 posts
11 upvotes
Heard that new seaton will have 1st preview next Tuesday with limited spots and then early June has s2nd release. Agent can bring you in for earlier preview and purchase for a premium.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
If any Durham bros can post pick of line ups and possibly inside the sale office.

Always appreciated and thanked.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Thanks for that price list seatonman!

They are trying to keep demand and prices high by limiting supply. And gimmicks like a preview 'premium'.

These prices are outrageous and sure wish I had scooped a 'book a house pre con assignment flip' a year or so ago because I'd guarantee you I'd be blowing it out into the remaining buyers at these levels. I'd be happy to blow mine out even for $50-100k less to lock in my profits and walk away.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
cartfan123 wrote: Which again backs up my idea that the builders haven't got the memo that things have stalled...and hence not even satisfied with the high prices they got in March. It will be entertaining to me when the only people that show up on release day are people wanting free coffee or to use the washroom.
You think people are lining up for coffee?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2140 upvotes
Toronto
Seatonman wrote: Pls see. May be what you are getting for.IMG_0821.JPGIMG_0820.JPGIMG_0819.JPG
A 3,000 sq ft house on a 43' wide lot?! And probably, what, a 100' deep?.... For $1.2M?!?! In an area that currently has no existing infrastructure (schools, plazas, etc). It goes without saying these houses will be built so close to one another too.

.... And that doesn't even include any lot premiums yet (ravine, pie, corner, etc) which would probably another $100k+ on top of those prices.

The insanity is real.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Zamboni wrote: You think people are lining up for coffee?
What line up?

The John Boddy release is tomorrow shouldn't there be some people staked out by now? Post some pics, all we ask is a few pics.
May 6, 2015
735 posts
220 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Seaton man thanked for the leak! Wondering what the agent premium is...50k?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1008 posts
710 upvotes
Repooc wrote: A 3,000 sq ft house on a 43' wide lot?! And probably, what, a 100' deep?.... For $1.2M?!?! In an area that currently has no existing infrastructure (schools, plazas, etc). It goes without saying these houses will be built so close to one another too.

.... And that doesn't even include any lot premiums yet (ravine, pie, corner, etc) which would probably another $100k+ on top of those prices.

The insanity is real.
I have to agree fully. Schools will take a long time to actually be built, if at all.
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music - Carlin
Jan 30, 2008
881 posts
425 upvotes
Seatonman wrote: Heard that new seaton will have 1st preview next Tuesday with limited spots and then early June has s2nd release. Agent can bring you in for earlier preview and purchase for a premium.
Thanks Seatonman! That's really helpful. This looks to be Aspen Ridge. Do you happen to have price list for Brookfield and Tower Hill as well?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1008 posts
710 upvotes
azia wrote: Thanks Seatonman! That's really helpful. This looks to be Aspen Ridge. Do you happen to have price list for Brookfield and Tower Hill as well?
Here is a video of the last Tower HIll release in Bowmanville for those who missed it. Hopefully they will do appointments this time.

Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music - Carlin
Apr 20, 2017
55 posts
14 upvotes
Don't forgot if you want to live in Durham you need to pay a highest property Tax (may be you will save some money on the car insurance). This is one of the big reason that the Durham region home price is cheaper than York region.
In Pickering property 1 million => Tax 12 661 $ Astonished Face

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

ANfalcons416, ChedBobn, jake84