• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 9:31 am
Jul 31, 2007
263 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
ScarboroughGenY wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 1:02 pm
yeah I head the same from tower hill, they told me early summer may-june.
I'm not sure if the recent idea of implementing a foreign buyers tax in Ontario is causing the builders to reevaluate their pricing and delay.
doubt it. Possibly would want to sell before it gets implemented to get max money
Apr 1, 2008
1 posts
Toronto
Tribute homes in Whitby, detached will be starting at 1.1 mill a tribute Rep advised me.
Feb 23, 2009
220 posts
189 upvotes
Oshawa
nouri786 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 2:07 pm
Tribute homes in Whitby, detached will be starting at 1.1 mill a tribute Rep advised me.
Is this Chelsea Hill?
Dec 27, 2007
957 posts
298 upvotes
Oshawa
Yes.

Considering Park Ridge which is further east surpassed the million mark a few months ago for a majority of the larger models there's no doubt Chelsea Hill will be in that same ball park.
pkrash wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:37 pm
Is this Chelsea Hill?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3078 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
nouri786 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 2:07 pm
Smallest detached is 40', right?

Starting at $1.1M?? Holy shit.
Feb 23, 2009
220 posts
189 upvotes
Oshawa
Repooc wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 7:18 pm
Smallest detached is 40', right?

Starting at $1.1M?? Holy shit.
We are speeding towards the early 90's faster than you think.
Mar 16, 2014
256 posts
75 upvotes
CLAREMONT
This is so crazy, I remember 9-10 years ago a friend of mine bought a Tribute house in Brooklin, 3500 sq ft and paid 475k and at that time that was very expensive (worth over 1 mil now so made good money) and now we're "starting" at 1.1 for detached? So after lot premiums and couple add-ons easy 1.25, FML how much more will those increase in value?
Jan 3, 2017
166 posts
130 upvotes
Kkhan15 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:55 pm
To think in 2013 we were able to see our house twice before putting in an offer. An offer that was less then listed and accepted. I think the rises started in 2013 because a few months after we bought, semi's hit the price we paid. Bowmanville sure does look good now
Bowmanville won't look good for long. We purchased one of our rentals up there for 269K 5 years ago. it's worth over 500k now and it's a small old Bungalow right downtown. Our primary residence is in Oshawa in the north end. We paid $465K for it almost 6 years ago. Similar houses on our street last year were selling for mid 700K. Our neighbor put his house on the market about a week ago, it's identical to ours except ours backs on to a ravine and has a fully finished basement, It's a corner unit 4 bedrooms and about 2500-3k Sq feet It was listed at $805K it sold in less than 2 days and he got 21 k over asking.

Really?

My biggest regret was not buying more rental properties here 5 year ago. We were uncertain if we were leaving the durham area and then kind of got complacent. we were this close to packing it all up and taking our 3 kids to another country. Rental properties are not worth it now, a duplex in this area can't even produce a + cash flow unless you bought 5 years ago
Mar 18, 2017
1 posts
Hi there, did the Tribute rep by any chance mention when sales will start for Chelsea Hill Whitby? I've been waiting for something in Whitby for a while since I missed the Mattamy release earlier this year. Thanks!!
Feb 12, 2008
141 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
While searching for more details on Mattamy Queens Common (via google), I found a post to a backpage link / Century21 Agent who sells "VIP Club" access to floor plans and pricing. I thought Mattamy did not allow assignments... and is it possible that they are selling units before they are available to pubic?
http://www.condosdeal.com/queens-common ... in-whitby/
http://guelph.backpage.ca/homes-for-sal ... e/44842232

BTW I am NOT affiliated with Guelph, Century21 or the Agent in any way.
May 27, 2013
75 posts
9 upvotes
What's Yu guys think in investing in Barrie vs bowmanville/Clarington area?
Mar 2, 2016
76 posts
14 upvotes
MrCeddy wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 10:13 pm
While searching for more details on Mattamy Queens Common (via google), I found a post to a backpage link / Century21 Agent who sells "VIP Club" access to floor plans and pricing. I thought Mattamy did not allow assignments... and is it possible that they are selling units before they are available to pubic?
http://www.condosdeal.com/queens-common ... in-whitby/
http://guelph.backpage.ca/homes-for-sal ... e/44842232

BTW I am NOT affiliated with Guelph, Century21 or the Agent in any way.
I'm not sure if this is the case with Mattamy. But I've heard of other builders who allow agents to sell pre-con homes with VIP access like first choice selection on floor plans and models. But it comes at a 20k premium minimum then what it would be when it opens up for sale to the public. Part of the cut going to agent and part of it to the builder. Upside is you get first pick of the lots and don't have to wait in line. Sometimes you have to know the agents to get this kind of VIP access cause not all builders use this strategy and if they do it's not heavily advertised. I know of a builder in Brampton who had maybe 2 or 3 agents allowed to sell certain amount of units on a VIP basis. They usually sought out family and friends. Also in Markham Cornell area a few builders did this as well. Of course on public release day they sold like hot cakes but there were always 5 to 6 units that were pre sold by agents at a 20 to 30k premium. These agents didn't work for the builder as well. Usually they get these based on their connections.
Jan 13, 2017
216 posts
76 upvotes
It is too bad that the Juliana homes in whitby are condo townhomes. If they were freehold then it would be great as investment property.