Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:00 am
Mar 2, 2017
12 posts
6 upvotes
Whitby
MrCeddy wrote: Farmgate, I would really appreciate it if you took pics and can confirm if and incentives are provided ( 10k credit, hardwood and 9ft ceiling) .

Already bought in that community...as I wait my 18 or so months to close... Gotta occupy my mind :)
MrCeddy, I will see if I can make my way down. With a newborn at home, its kinda tough. Lets see.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4409 posts
819 upvotes
i was just looking at a couple sold homes(both firm 2 days ago) in ajax. how do 2 homes similar in size, same lot have a difference of 130k?
no matter how you break down the difference, it should not add up to 130k.
main difference: brand new(compare to 2-3 years old?), 9ft main floor, 100-200sqft diff?
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
mingyang wrote: i was just looking at a couple sold homes(both firm 2 days ago) in ajax. how do 2 homes similar in size, same lot have a difference of 130k?
main difference: brand new(compare to 2-3 years old?), 9ft main floor, 100-200sqft diff?
I wonder if the cheaper house tried to price for a bidding war at $599 and it didn't go so well, but the sellers had to sell so they took whatever the best offer was? Other than a few architectural details they look very similar. Perhaps the $820 sold for more than it should have also? $820 you start seeing a lot of 2 car garage houses in the area. Just down the road this just sold for $820. Very nice inside and 2 cars.
Images
  • image.jpeg
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16521 posts
21869 upvotes
Toronto
mingyang wrote: i was just looking at a couple sold homes(both firm 2 days ago) in ajax. how do 2 homes similar in size, same lot have a difference of 130k?
Unless you see them in person it's hard to tell how similar they are. I notice the cheaper one does not include sq ft and it appears the rooms are smaller. I would guess it's not as long and is smaller sq ft. Add in the new and higher ceilings and the more expensive one could be a much nicer home.

People definitely put a premium on new, willing to pay more to be the first resident.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
2641 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto, ON
https://i.imgur.com/qE80Iev.png
They're in the same development so I think one is the low end of one model while the other is the higher end. The more expensive one specifically lists 2 master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and has a balcony.
Mar 2, 2017
12 posts
6 upvotes
Whitby
Didnt geta chance to go to Mattamy QC detached released today (baby sick). Can anyone provide any updates with pics if possible?
Sep 29, 2002
428 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
IMG_20170826_152438.jpg

About 40 cars at Mattamy Seaton, no line ups, a few food trucks (2-3). Didn't stop to check prices.
Heatware: sandrasagra :D

FS [TORONTO ONLY] - PMBOK 4TH EDITION $50
Mar 2, 2017
12 posts
6 upvotes
Whitby
So I did make my way down today to the Mattamy Queen's Common Sales Centre around closing time, with wife and kids in tow. There were around 6-8 cars in the parking lot. No lineups, mind you this is day after the release, end of day.

I would say around 60% of the 30' and 36' were sold out. The 36' model I was after, there were about 5 still available. WIfe talked me out of it, too small for the price plus Mattamy asks for money for the most basic amenities.

Reminded of the days when you could just walk in and choose the lot that you wanted. Only difference is that the prices are atrocious for what you are getting!

p.s. I apologize I couldn't ask the sales rep about lot premiums if any.
Images
  • Mattamy_QC_Detached_1.jpg
  • Mattamy_QC_Detached_2.jpg
  • Mattamy_QC_Detached_3.jpg
  • Mattamy_QC_Detached_4.jpg
  • Mattamy_QC_Detached_5.jpg
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
farmgate wrote: So I did make my way down today to the Mattamy Queen's Common Sales Centre around closing time, with wife and kids in tow. There were around 6-8 cars in the parking lot. No lineups, mind you this is day after the release, end of day.

I would say around 60% of the 30' and 36' were sold out. The 36' model I was after, there were about 5 still available. WIfe talked me out of it, too small for the price plus Mattamy asks for money for the most basic amenities.

Reminded of the days when you could just walk in and choose the lot that you wanted. Only difference is that the prices are atrocious for what you are getting!

I'd say that's pretty reasonable to be 60% given the high prices, but has a pretty low deposit structure of $80-90k within 120 days. Hard to believe $1mln up there gets you a basic 2700 sq ft house now.
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16521 posts
21869 upvotes
Toronto
farmgate wrote: So I did make my way down today to the Mattamy Queen's Common Sales Centre around closing time, with wife and kids in tow. There were around 6-8 cars in the parking lot. No lineups, mind you this is day after the release, end of day.

Thanks for this info! I was really curious how they would do. Crazy that they want $774k for 1400 sq ft.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
Sandrasagra wrote: IMG_20170826_152438.jpgImage

About 40 cars at Mattamy Seaton, no line ups, a few food trucks (2-3). Didn't stop to check prices.
Oh wow, food trucks. I guess to keep the crowd from going hangry. Food trucks make a quick buck, smart idea.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
2641 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto, ON
redkulat wrote: Oh wow, food trucks. I guess to keep the crowd from going hangry. Food trucks make a quick buck, smart idea.
I didn't realize housing was so deep rooted in our economy. If housing crashes then what will all the people running food trucks do?

#houseofcards
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1261 posts
1393 upvotes
nabiul wrote: I didn't realize housing was so deep rooted in our economy. If housing crashes then what will all the people running food trucks do?

#houseofcards
Sell their food trucks and buy cheap real estate. Duh.
#geniusfoodtruckdrivers
May 6, 2015
735 posts
220 upvotes
Unionville, ON
nabiul wrote: I didn't realize housing was so deep rooted in our economy. If housing crashes then what will all the people running food trucks do?

#houseofcards
Actually they're free bc mattamy caters food for the clients. I know during the January phase 1 release they had two trucks giving sandwichesl fries, and burgers. But there were over 900 people that day
Last edited by rapzfan007 on Aug 29th, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 12, 2008
212 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto

Website updated... Says new release Sep 2nd... More importantly the price has been reduced by almost 10k.

My guess is they wrapped the 10k design credit into price and took away extras..

Hope this post helps thoses on the fence.
May 6, 2015
735 posts
220 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Hey Guys,

So i just received an email on minto's ivey ridge in whitby release. Prices are higher than expected (as usual) but the floor plans are released.

http://www.minto.com/gta/Whitby-new-hom ... /main.html
SINGLE HOMES & TOWNHOMES
COMING SOON TO WHITBYNATURE-INSPIRED RESIDENCES AT THICKSON RD. AND ROSSLAND RD. EAST

Nestled in a pristine landscape sculpted by the winding Pringle Creek, a unique family community invites you to nature-inspired living. A limited collection of beautiful Singles and Towns at the corner of Rossland and Thickson, moments from all the amenities you need. Life at Ivy Ridge - it really grows on you.Freehold towns from the low $600's, Singles from the low $800's
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16521 posts
21869 upvotes
Toronto
rigalpatel wrote: Hey Guys,

So i just received an email on minto's ivey ridge in whitby release. Prices are higher than expected (as usual) but the floor plans are released.

http://www.minto.com/gta/Whitby-new-hom ... /main.html
Are you an agent or broker? I signed up for this and didn't receive anything. So annoying I am very interested in this project.

I'm surprised the singles start at 36', seems like they are always going 29' these days.

Also when it says singles starting at $800ks I'm assuming that's for the smallest unit? Which is a 2 bedroom bungalow?
May 6, 2015
735 posts
220 upvotes
Unionville, ON
rjg4235 wrote: Are you an agent or broker? I signed up for this and didn't receive anything. So annoying I am very interested in this project.

I'm surprised the singles start at 36', seems like they are always going 29' these days.

Also when it says singles starting at $800ks I'm assuming that's for the smallest unit? Which is a 2 bedroom bungalow?
1) No, i'm not an agent or borker. Just a regular guy

2) Yes you are correct it will be the bungalow

As for the singles starting at 36' that's b/c they want to build towns as well and the area is not big enough to facilitate the different lot sizes. I guess they thought it's better to do towns, 36', and 43' rather than towns, 30', and 36'.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

apetiole