Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:00 am
Jun 6, 2017
13 posts
What do you think of "Highlands of Millbrook"? This location is 25-30 minute drive from Oshawa.
May 6, 2016
483 posts
218 upvotes
Whitby
Rizzil wrote: We'll see for what i paid could have got a never lived in or 1yr old in north oshawa 3300sq ft +, hopefully brooklin retains its premium value.
Oshawa homes tend to not increase at the same rate as surrounding areas due to the high property taxes. You made a good choice.

We are looking at leaving Brooklin and heading further east in hopes to get the same size house with a larger lot breaking even. That isn't going to happen unless we move to Port Hope and we are only looking for an extra 30 to 40ft deeper lot. Face With Tears Of Joy. Not many options right now so builders are sticking to their 2 yr old pricing.
May 6, 2016
483 posts
218 upvotes
Whitby
Lachamma wrote: What do you think of "Highlands of Millbrook"? This location is 25-30 minute drive from Oshawa.
If you can go the little extra distance, check out Zancor in Lindsay. Made the drive up there last weekend. Very nice.
Nov 26, 2009
97 posts
139 upvotes
Cghall wrote: If you can go the little extra distance, check out Zancor in Lindsay. Made the drive up there last weekend. Very nice.
We moved from Ajax to Lindsay last summer (About a 30 second drive from Zancor's sales office off Lindsay St)....Nice area indeed. Quite a few people have sold in Durham and bought in Lindsay/Peterborough in the past 6-12 months. The new homes will be built north of the hospital just off Angeline Street. Nice models/layouts with deep lots and the prices are very reasonable. However if you are considering driving into Whitby/Ajax or beyond daily expect to be on the road for a minimum of 1 hr each way - It's roughly a 70km drive from the sales office to Brock & Taunton in Whitby. My wife was making the commute daily into Whitby before transferring to Peterborough. Another thing to note is that there is no Walmart, Home Depot, Costco, Best buy etc in Lindsay so you will have to drive 30 minutes to Peterborough to shop there. If anyone has questions about the area just send me a message!
Jun 6, 2017
13 posts
I had already signed the Phase 1 home with "Highlands of millbrook". I am just trying to see how the growth would be in future considering the location is too far as well as the recently reduced durham resale pricing.
May 15, 2018
5 posts
Sportnut wrote: Hey ahamadahanad. I bought phase 1 in country lane by Andrin and received notice two weeks ago that our November 2018 closing has been pushed to March 2019 closing. I also received the base option pricing if you want to pm me I would be able to pass on this pricing to you
Hey Sportnut, I bought Phase 3 in Country Lane by Andrin. Wondering if you can share the base option pricing. Thanks
Sep 25, 2013
182 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I visited the Whitby Meadows sale office, 36' detached homes priced at high 800s close to 900k. Do you guys think when it closes appraisal value will be closer to sale price? If not mortgage would be difficult
May 6, 2016
483 posts
218 upvotes
Whitby
Aj8888 wrote: I visited the Whitby Meadows sale office, 36' detached homes priced at high 800s close to 900k. Do you guys think when it closes appraisal value will be closer to sale price? If not mortgage would be difficult
Depends on things like lot size, home size and $ you put into upgrades. Homes 2500 to 3000sqft with say 60k in upgrades are having a tough time on resale in Brooklin. There is a home on a 50x115 ft lot that has been on the market for a while at 775. Think there is still a correction that needs to happen on these new builds. Go chat with your bank. We went in to them and discussed the price of a new build and they pulled up something on their computer that told them the sales of the reales in the area and at the end of our discussion made us really think twice with out a negotiation with the builder. Still a risk though.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1080 upvotes
Whitby
Cghall wrote: Depends on things like lot size, home size and $ you put into upgrades. Homes 2500 to 3000sqft with say 60k in upgrades are having a tough time on resale in Brooklin. There is a home on a 50x115 ft lot that has been on the market for a while at 775. Think there is still a correction that needs to happen on these new builds. Go chat with your bank. We went in to them and discussed the price of a new build and they pulled up something on their computer that told them the sales of the reales in the area and at the end of our discussion made us really think twice with out a negotiation with the builder. Still a risk though.

I agree with the overvaluation of the builders currently for Whitby Meadows. Their asking prices are pretty high and optimistic. I am not surprised if the sales have been slow.
May 17, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just noticed that there is large area of employment area in west Whitby, what would they will be ? any idea ? a huge mall ? or something else ?
May 6, 2016
483 posts
218 upvotes
Whitby
Aj8888 wrote: I visited the Whitby Meadows sale office, 36' detached homes priced at high 800s close to 900k. Do you guys think when it closes appraisal value will be closer to sale price? If not mortgage would be difficult
ciao126 wrote: I just noticed that there is large area of employment area in west Whitby, what would they will be ? any idea ? a huge mall ? or something else ?
What location?
Jan 6, 2012
303 posts
85 upvotes
azn_dan wrote: I agree with the overvaluation of the builders currently for Whitby Meadows. Their asking prices are pretty high and optimistic. I am not surprised if the sales have been slow.
my friend bought in there late last fall. i think it was a 36ft lot with double garage, altogether about 1 mil. She wouldn't admit it, but i think she started panicking not long after she bought that she paid too much right at the peak, and also started worrying that their prices weren't going up much higher several weeks/months later from when she bought, i dont think they have gone up at all. i know a few of the builders there seemed very smug when i went into the office and very puffed up that they had "already sold out" and that they "might be having another release soon". They only released a few homes at a time, and yes, i did see the sold stickers, but really have to wonder how the next openings might go. imo, the prices seem very high, close to a noisy railroad. no infrastructure in the area.. no stores nearby, etc. it will come, i suppose, but may be a long time to wait. i think, overpriced.
May 17, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cghall wrote: What location?
I think it is between lakebridge and 412 , you can search west whitby development plan , it should give more detail
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1316 posts
488 upvotes
Andrekrystle wrote: We have recently bought in the Mattamy Queens Common development :)
You happen to have current price list when you purchased?
Sep 25, 2013
182 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
azn_dan wrote: I agree with the overvaluation of the builders currently for Whitby Meadows. Their asking prices are pretty high and optimistic. I am not surprised if the sales have been slow.
I m mainly worried about closing mortgage. Not sure if appraisal will come close to the builders selling price, I guess I will have to have extra cash to cover if appraisal comes low + the down payment
May 17, 2018
5 posts
3 upvotes
I have the rear lane town price list and I had the one for detached but I through it out since I wasn’t buying a detached but I remember the smallest one started at $630K and I believe all the current prices are on their website
May 21, 2018
7 posts
Andrekrystle wrote: We have recently bought in the Mattamy Queens Common development :)
We bought in Queens Common as well.

Purchased one of the 2 storey towns, back in January. Final purchase price before additions of architect upgrades was $554k for just over 1,500 sq ft
Oct 29, 2012
64 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
Is it only us or others that have purchased from Andrin experience the same ? First since we purchased we haven’t had any corresponding from the builder in terms of build/subdivision progress. Also when we call we hardly get any useful information or updates.
We are really have serious second thought with this builder.
Jan 6, 2012
303 posts
85 upvotes
re: Andrin - i drive past this site often since i live in north durham and it just seems DEAD for months and months, yet they were selling last summer, the summer before.... it is going to be a big subdivision but i wonder when the homes will ever appear on the site?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

monk3yfighter