• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2017 4:30 pm
Feb 12, 2008
120 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
pkrash wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:41 pm
Why anybody would buy a $1mil+ home that isn't built yet in a declining market just proves how dumb the herd is.
These and many other similar homes will be worth $100K less very soon.
Just as the builders lagged the market going up. they lag going down.
There are so many resale older homes that offer much more value...and they actually exist.
Nobody notices that these projects take a ridiculously long time to build now?
Cant answer this... All I'm doing is contributing to a thread as I live in the area. Westney place is actually an extension of Nottingham which is 10+ years old ( they are filling the vacant land) I would not be surprised if this was built by Summer 2018. Since Tribute is having a hard time selling out, this is the perfect time to request zero dollar lot premiums, perhaps a 75K design credit or assign the HST credit back to the owner. If they said no or laughed in my face, I would leave my name and number and tell them to call me when they change their minds. It's currently a buyers market and some developers may not want to carry unsold lots that have or will be serviced with water, hydro, sewage and roadways. These are huge capital investments.
May 29, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
skyfitch wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:00 pm
Is anyone going to this on Saturday and will there be a queue? Am thinking of going.

The two beds start from 474k I wonder how much the three beds will be going for.
Hi guys. Anyone with a bit of insight please? Thanks
Feb 12, 2008
120 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
skyfitch wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 11:31 pm
Prices are online now.
Feb 22, 2011
936 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
skyfitch wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 11:31 pm
3 bdr th start at $525k
May 6, 2015
549 posts
106 upvotes
skyfitch wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 1:29 pm
Thanks guys. So is there likely to be a queue?
Oh yea - i'd be surprised if there is not already one
May 29, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
rigalpatel wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 2:50 pm
Oh yea - i'd be surprised if there is not already one
Am gonna go have a look after work
Feb 22, 2011
936 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
skyfitch wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 3:06 pm
Am gonna go have a look after work
Let us know what it's like!
Jul 13, 2017
1 posts
We bought during the first release back in January 2017. The model we had chosen is now up by $30k.
They have definitely hiked up the prices.
Jul 31, 2007
260 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
Passed by the office just now. Two people sitting chair waiting. No Mattamy staffs. About 8 cars parked. Mostly people coming and looking at price list and going.

Pretty much back to old days where u can walk in and buy a house at sale center.

Frenzy line up is definitely over.

Seaton project update. Saw about close to 10 houses being built. All detached. Lot of people working in different area where Mattamy is developing. So thats good.No town house is up that noticeable in terms of building.

If anyone gets closer looker anytime. Please let me know if any town house foundation built near the pipe line area. I don't want 2 delays. My closing set Feb 5 2018
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4564 posts
2542 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
blazinpista wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 8:02 pm
Passed by the office just now. Two people sitting chair waiting. No Mattamy staffs. About 8 cars parked. Mostly people coming and looking at price list and going.

Pretty much back to old days where u can walk in and buy a house at sale center.

Frenzy line up is definitely over.

Probably not a bad thing. A house should be something you can just go buy when you need it. Not some ridiculous lottery,,bidding war, etc etc.

Plus right now pre construction has a premium to resale...so for some people buying resale when you don't have to deal with a bidding war now makes sense.
May 29, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
At 1am last night there was only about 7 people on the list/queue and they where releasing 48 units so it really wasn't worth staying there all night. Demand obviously isn't as it was earlier in the year even though people on the queue were trying to convince each other that there effort was worthwhile and that there will be a stampede in the morning. I just don see it happening.
Images
  • IMG-0119 (1).JPG

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

ben1628