Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2017 4:30 pm
May 29, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
its worth noting though based on the prices list in the window the cheapest unit was 504k and not the 474k advertised. But there was a lot of deals to be had. its definitely a buyers market now even though some people hate to admit it,
May 8, 2016
27 posts
2 upvotes
Was anyone able to swing by the mattamy sales center today? Any updates will be appreciated. Clearly mattamy didn't get the downturn memo based on their prices. Curious to know if they sold out.

Thanks in advance.
Jul 14, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
Don't forget they don't need to sell out on the first day.

People seems to forget how new construction used to sell. The builder give themselves a window to sell x number of units, once they reach that, they raise the price, when they reach certain of units, they will begin construction.

I do think they know the market has slowed down, that is why they don't demand you to show up in person to register on Thursday to come today. Really, they don't need to sell out and some units will be sold today.
Nov 3, 2011
837 posts
112 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
Huzzbuzz wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 12:16 pm
Was anyone able to swing by the mattamy sales center today? Any updates will be appreciated. Clearly mattamy didn't get the downturn memo based on their prices. Curious to know if they sold out.

Thanks in advance.
Just went there maybe 10 mins ago, they sold most of the village. Lots of rear lanes left, seems like the buyers are holding just like the current housing market.
May 8, 2016
27 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for the update. Any idea how many were available/left? Wonder if the cheaper price of village has anything to do with more of those selling.
ahhchoo wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 4:30 pm
Just went there maybe 10 mins ago, they sold most of the village. Lots of rear lanes left, seems like the buyers are holding just like the current housing market.
Nov 3, 2011
837 posts
112 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
Huzzbuzz wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 5:22 pm
Thanks for the update. Any idea how many were available/left? Wonder if the cheaper price of village has anything to do with more of those selling.
Only two styles of village left (Dorchester and Tweed End), I am guessing the prices for these are pretty affordable considering the recent interest hike and changes to the mortgage approval process. Pretty much only sold 3 of the Rear-lane towns when I was there around 4:00PM.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4564 posts
2542 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
skyfitch wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 11:44 am
At 1am last night there was only about 7 people on the list/queue and they where releasing 48 units so it really wasn't worth staying there all night. Demand obviously isn't as it was earlier in the year even though people on the queue were trying to convince each other that there effort was worthwhile and that there will be a stampede in the morning. I just don see it happening.
Thanks for pic.

Seems sometimes like people just like lining up for the sake of lining up. But if we are back to just being able to walk in and buy a place that's good for everyone. Reduces the builders power for shenanigans. This wasn't a lot of houses to sell either.

Haven't seen an discounting by builders or new incentives so things I guess are selling quick enough that they haven't needed to.
Jul 14, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
The village homes has neighbors to your right, left and rear unless you are on the end unit. It is going to be dark at the back with fewer windows.
Aug 10, 2016
2 posts
Wondering if anyone here has bought or knows someone who has bought one of the coughlan homes build in Whitby next to the high mark orchard homes.

Live on the high mark side and for what those people paid it looks like they were ripped off, most of those houses started at the high 800s before upgrades and some of the larger ones started at 1 million.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2010 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
Huzzbuzz wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 6:11 pm
Has anyone purchased in the university studios development in Oshawa by UOIT on simcoe?
Yes did you?
Apr 20, 2017
32 posts
4 upvotes
Passed by the office just now. Two people sitting chair waiting. No Mattamy staffs. About 8 cars parked. Mostly people coming and looking at price list and going.

Pretty much back to old days where u can walk in and buy a house at sale center.

Frenzy line up is definitely over.
Good news
May 8, 2016
27 posts
2 upvotes
Yes. Not sure if you've gone by lately but construction seems to have definitely picked up steam. They are about 2-3 floors up now. I don't foresee any delays as there is still a year left.
GSD wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 10:09 pm
Yes did you?
Jul 14, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
They reduce the back lane townhouse by about $20K, looks like those are not selling too well.
May 8, 2016
27 posts
2 upvotes
Looks like it's a minimum of $20K reduction. The model I purchased has been reduced by $30K. I wonder how the people that bought at the higher cost feel. Interesting tactic though, as usually the builders would offer greater incentives, not reduce prices. Times must be tough.
ben1628 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 8:41 am
They reduce the back lane townhouse by about $20K, looks like those are not selling too well.
Jun 12, 2017
295 posts
279 upvotes
Huzzbuzz wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 9:56 am
Looks like it's a minimum of $20K reduction. The model I purchased has been reduced by $30K. I wonder how the people that bought at the higher cost feel. Interesting tactic though, as usually the builders would offer greater incentives, not reduce prices. Times must be tough.
Can you get that reduced price now? Seems slimy of them to do this to the early investors.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

ben1628