Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 9:41 am
May 6, 2006
115 posts
5 upvotes
Does anyone have the new price list for mattamy seaton July 2017 release? Hannon end especially?
Huzzbuzz wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 9:56 am
Looks like it's a minimum of $20K reduction. The model I purchased has been reduced by $30K. I wonder how the people that bought at the higher cost feel. Interesting tactic though, as usually the builders would offer greater incentives, not reduce prices. Times must be tough.
Mar 2, 2016
68 posts
12 upvotes
warrior2009 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 2:33 pm
Does anyone have the new price list for mattamy seaton July 2017 release? Hannon end especially?
I didnt know Mattamy Seaton had a release in July of 2017. Are you talking about the right community?
May 8, 2016
27 posts
2 upvotes
You're correct. There was no July 2017 release for seaton. That was for mattamy's queens common development in whitby.
Raptorfan6 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 3:08 pm
I didnt know Mattamy Seaton had a release in July of 2017. Are you talking about the right community?
Jan 13, 2017
182 posts
60 upvotes
Looks like Stonebury Gates in Ajax this Saturday August 12th presentation centre is opening. Sat -Sun 11Am to 6PM.
Guess it will be a zoo over there....going to try to avoid that area. guessing there will be 4 or 5 cop cars there.

I wonder if there's a lineup there already??? Anybody post some pics over there :) Also, someone take a pic of the Pricing List too.

Stonebury Gate floorplan link
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4574 posts
2557 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Dragonrana2 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:31 am
Looks like Stonebury Gates in Ajax this Saturday August 12th presentation centre is opening. Sat -Sun 11Am to 6PM.
Guess it will be a zoo over there....going to try to avoid that area. guessing there will be 4 or 5 cop cars there.

I wonder if there's a lineup there already??? Anybody post some pics over there :) Also, someone take a pic of the Pricing List too.

Stonebury Gate floorplan link
Umm, well since it's not April 2017 I doubt there's any need for any cops cars or crowd control. Why do you think it will be a zoo?
Feb 12, 2008
120 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Ajax Stonebury Gates
  • 4 cars parked in the lot
  • Three - 35 foot lots sold (units with only 1 attached neighbor)
  • Most plans have master bedroom on main floor, 25k option for 4 bedroom. No 4 bedroom plan with master on second floor exist
  • Community pool means you have condo fees ($124.99/month)
  • No design center credit.. however saleswomen said many luxuries are included
  • No lot premiums (built-in to price they said)
scan.jpg
scan000.jpg
scan001.jpg
scan002.jpg
Whitby Place (Tribute)
  • 42 & 52 foot lots available
  • Prices start 1.1 mil
Whitby Chelsea Hill
  • Release coming in the Fall (she would not say what month)
  • No clue on pricing
  • City has made it a requirement to allow sales only by invitation only. They only have parking for 10 or so cars and building is on Rossland where only 2 lanes of traffic and no street parking exist)
Feb 22, 2011
954 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
MrCeddy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:01 pm
Whitby Place (Tribute)
  • Prices start 1.1 mil
Wow that is expensive, many full renovated 4 bd houses are going for 800k
Nov 13, 2009
418 posts
184 upvotes
Ajax
I went to mattamy homes today
They still have rear lane town houses available and the village homes are available also
There was 3 other families at the sales centre.

Do you guys think that they will lower their prices??
Detached will be released on August 26
2 storey townhouses will be released soon (within a month according to the sales staff)
Townhouses closing date is Spring 2019
Detached closing date 2020
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4574 posts
2557 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
MrCeddy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:01 pm
Ajax Stonebury Gates
  • 4 cars parked in the lot
  • Three - 35 foot lots sold (units with only 1 attached neighbor)
  • Most plans have master bedroom on main floor, 25k option for 4 bedroom. No 4 bedroom plan with master on second floor exist
  • Community pool means you have condo fees ($124.99/month)
  • No design center credit.. however saleswomen said many luxuries are included
  • No lot premiums (built-in to price they said)
scan.jpgscan000.jpgscan001.jpgscan002.jpg

Whitby Place (Tribute)
  • Prices start 1.1 mil
Whitby Chelsea Hill
  • Release coming in the Fall (she would not say what month)
  • No clue on pricing
  • City has made it a requirement to allow sales only by invitation only. They only have parking for 10 or so cars and building is on Rossland where only 2 lanes of traffic and no street parking exist)
I guess unless 4 cars qualify..it wasn't much of a zoo. Those prices are insane.
Jul 14, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
They won't.

You don't think all the builders would have a meeting in a gulf club and talk about the price for the next releases. No matter how you look at it, they only have a limited inventory and they want to make as much as they can. They can afford to wait a while, just like the good old days. I think they see what happen to Vancouver and said to each other, let's keep this price until early 2018, if it is still bad, we will lower and provide more incentive.
May 6, 2015
551 posts
107 upvotes
Lol the Stonebury gates price is a joke. Detached are going for less 1 million in a Ajax for 3000 sq ft. My buddies parents just sold their house for 930k. Greed is good when there's an equal demand. Gtfo if you're charging 1 mill+ for a town that's not in core downtown or markham/Richmond Hill side.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4574 posts
2557 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
rigalpatel wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 10:04 am
Lol the Stonebury gates price is a joke. Detached are going for less 1 million in a Ajax for 3000 sq ft. My buddies parents just sold their house for 930k. Greed is good when there's an equal demand. Gtfo if you're charging 1 mill+ for a town that's not in core downtown or markham/Richmond Hill side.
I'm wondering at these prices who is left to buy? The buyer who needs to buy to live in (as you said) can pick up a nice newish detached at substantially less. Pre construction flippers? Well, when the actual buyers aren't buying neither are they...

And yep...I just looked in the $900's detached 3000 sq ft is certainly doable in North Ajax. They seem to be priced at least $200k over market. What do you think?

Perhaps the privilege of using a community pool for a mere $1,500 a year is worth the premium...lol..
Jul 14, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
Yep.

They price the house at what the house may be worth 1 or 2 years down the road. Just like stock market, it is called Future. :)

If the market price for a 3000 qf ft in Ajax is worth 930K, and there is a buyer for that. What do u think a house is worth in GTA today.
May 6, 2015
551 posts
107 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 11:31 am
I'm wondering at these prices who is left to buy? The buyer who needs to buy to live in (as you said) can pick up a nice newish detached at substantially less. Pre construction flippers? Well, when the actual buyers aren't buying neither are they...

And yep...I just looked in the $900's detached 3000 sq ft is certainly doable in North Ajax. They seem to be priced at least $200k over market. What do you think?

Perhaps the privilege of using a community pool for a mere $1,500 a year is worth the premium...lol..
I think 900-1 million in Ajax for a 3000 sq + house is definitely market priced. These houses were going for over 1.2 during the frenzy in march. Since then the same houses have been selling for less that 950k. I can pretty guarantee then in 2 years time you will see appreciation for such properties b/c they're on big lots, are detached, and have more livable area. I can't justify this for a townhouse that happens to have pool facilities. If you're going to future proof your project which is 2 years from now, then it make sense to price the same towns at no more than 800k in Ajax. Even that is ludicrous b/c New seaton was releasing their towns for 700k. I guess the builder has used the same approach that many did in york region. Overprice the project in a saturated market to portray luxury to novice buyers.

Whether investment/living purposes, this project makes no sense to me. No one knows the future ofc but i doubt the market increases to a point wear a town is worth 1 million, and detached are going over 1.5, 2 years from now. It's a possibility yes but no way is any townhouse outside of core downtown worth a million bucks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)