• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 11:23 am
Jan 15, 2009
43 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
CdnRealEstateGuy wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 2:52 pm
So why don't they stay in Scarborough? Scarborough is bungalow heaven!

There's also quite a bit in Pickering. I live in Pickering now and grew up in Scarborough...lots of bungalows to choose from.
That's the thing... they want to move out of Scarborough :)
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
4211 posts
849 upvotes
Toronto
modi_lucky wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 2:55 pm
That's the thing... they want to move out of Scarborough :)
Markville Mall or Pickering then.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Mortgage Agent and Real Estate Sales Representative
Jul 14, 2017
45 posts
13 upvotes
In Brampton, which is west of GTA, a new home in a 36 ft lot starts at $998,000. The price is similar to Pickering. I don't see any new houses in GTA will sell at less than that.
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
rigalpatel wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 9:08 am
Went to new seaton on saturday. Had an appointment for 1:00 but there were a lot of people. Police was directing traffic and it was fairly organized. You waited at the entrance where a security for new seaton checked to see if you bought your printed confirmation of appointment. They cross referenced that with their own list. If you were on it they let you go inside the parking lot. There you had to pre-register on the outdoor tent where each confirmed appointee was given the new seaton package and registration sheet stating that they could purchase 1 property. There was a line for this but not as crazy around 12. They were fairly busy so when i arrived at 12:15 they were still processing earlier appointments. They would not process mine till 10 min before 1:00 pm.

Once you were registered you had to lineup in on the ramp leading to the presentation centre where you were greeted by new seaton security who required you to show the registration package assigned earlier. They let one group of people go in at a time, max 4 per registration sheet. Again it was very organized and not chaotic. The lineups started to get longer as the day progressed as all registration slots had filled up. By 2:00 pm the pre-registration line up in the tent area was about 50-60 people long.

Inside the presentation centre it was quite busy. They had 3 builders each with their own sections and packages for houses. The busiest was Aspen Ridge, followed by brookfield, then tower hill. They were all fairly busy but when i saw the sold stickers, Aspen Ridge held the most. They were all offering more or less the same incentives with 10-15k upgrades on top of their package. Brookfield was offering appliances package. Aspen Ridge also had 10-15k decor dollars plus 1 year of free rogers services (home phone, internet, tv). The prices seemed quite fair (considering the closing for all builders was July 2019 - December 2019, maybe even early 2020). I noticed that there were 4-5 different floor plans for aspen ridge that aren't available online (even now) that were present during the opening. What i found shocking was that there were hardly any lot premiums. For example the 45' lots with aspen ridge had about 5 lots with 0 lot premium. Some were around 4k, so you can put a 3400 sq ft+ house for around 1.37 million.

Aspen Ridge had two lots only available to put the 4200 sq ft home. The catch was that both lots came with either a 155k or 175k premium and they both were sold by the time i left. The mix of people buying was fairly diverse. I saw south asians (quite a few indians), west indian, asians (chinese, filipino, vietnamese etc), arabs, and some european families booked houses. This crowd of buyers hardly seemed like flippers/investors. Majority of the people i spoke to were looking to buy and stay long term. The smaller 30' detached houses seemed like a rip off b/c you can find resale in the area right now for much cheaper, however to each their own as these houses will close 2 years from now.

They offered the standard timmys snacks and coffee. I did happen to chat with a sales rep and asked what happens in the even that the builder decides to reduce the price. She confirmed that she was with them (Aspen Ridge) for 18 years, and she saw this done once. They honoured the earlier buyers and provided a credit adjustment. They don't expect the prices to go down in their offering as demand seems quite high. They sold out from their first VIP preview where all buyers apparently had to pay a booking fee, the lots offered were limited at that time however they essentially got first dibbs on the Ravines. When i left (2:00 pm) Aspen Ridge had sold quite a few lots. There were hardly any 45' and 43' lots left. I checked tower hill and they had almost 70% lots unsold. I didn't check brookefield so i can't say. The sales centre will be open from now onwards till they sell out.

They are definitely releasing in bits and pieces. Next builders to be release in the vicinity would be Whitby Meadows later this month/October. The location i find is better for new seaton compared to whitby, but im very curious to see how their release goes as the project is much larger with 6 builders compared to 3.
Hi do you know if aspen ridge was offering 5 bedroom option ?
Justriya
May 6, 2015
597 posts
137 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Crawleygirl wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 4:28 pm
Hi do you know if aspen ridge was offering 5 bedroom option ?

Yes. Most of the 3000 sq ft+ homes had that as an option. It was a $3000 upgrade
Sep 19, 2017
2 posts
Hi Guys,

Anyone know what was the lot size for 45 houses, I was waiting since 2015 for this project but the prices are seems very expensive. Its good to buy in resale market.
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
rigalpatel wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:34 am
Yes. Most of the 3000 sq ft+ homes had that as an option. It was a $3000 upgrade
Thank you. You said most of the 3000 sp ft lots were sold before 2? As I went in at 2.30 and went straight to tower hill noe I think I should of checked out aspen ridge too. Do you know if Tower Hill is a good builder?
Justriya
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
4211 posts
849 upvotes
Toronto
Alokozai wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 11:44 am
Hi Guys,

Anyone know what was the lot size for 45 houses, I was waiting since 2015 for this project but the prices are seems very expensive. Its good to buy in resale market.
Can you repeat your question? It's not clear at all.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Mortgage Agent and Real Estate Sales Representative
Sep 19, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Got new email from New Seaton - Detached starting at 860k
Looks like they are lowering the starting prices, anyone has more information?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4812 posts
2842 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
homeMan wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 6:29 pm
Got new email from New Seaton - Detached starting at 860k
Looks like they are lowering the starting prices, anyone has more information?
Price list posted a few days ago showed 30ft detached starting at $860k with $10k of upgrades.
May 6, 2015
597 posts
137 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Crawleygirl wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 12:00 pm
Thank you. You said most of the 3000 sp ft lots were sold before 2? As I went in at 2.30 and went straight to tower hill noe I think I should of checked out aspen ridge too. Do you know if Tower Hill is a good builder?
I said that most of the 43 and 45 lots offered by aspen ridge were gone. The largest home offered on 36' lot by aspen ridge was 2970 sq ft valli model. Tower hill mostly builds condos so I can't say 100% if they're good or adequate, however their prices were about 10-30k cheaper th a n aspen ridge.
Apr 20, 2017
48 posts
8 upvotes
New Seaton: Looks like they have difficult to sell. They want to open to public after this Saturday (23rd).
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
rigalpatel wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 7:52 am
I said that most of the 43 and 45 lots offered by aspen ridge were gone. The largest home offered on 36' lot by aspen ridge was 2970 sq ft valli model. Tower hill mostly builds condos so I can't say 100% if they're good or adequate, however their prices were about 10-30k cheaper th a n aspen ridge.
Thank you! We purchased 43 lot with Tower Hill hoping it's good decision.
Justriya