Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:00 am
Aug 10, 2018
31 posts
4 upvotes
sweetlady123 - There is no controversy surrounding why we are moving other than that I really liked the layout of the house we purchased from Andrin. We bought during Phase 1 at a steal, just like we purchased our current house, pre-construction at a steal. Unlike a lot of buyers, this is a lateral move, and we are not financially sinking ourselves. My husband and I are both real estate professionals. Country Lane is only an 8 minute drive from where we currently live. My husband and I both work close to home so travel is not an issue for us. This is likely not our forever home as I bore easily, and hope to retire somewhere warm. I hope my reply has sufficiently put your curiosity to rest.
Jun 3, 2015
40 posts
6 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Andrincountrylaneph1 wrote: DealHunter100, thank you for sharing. We are supposed to close in early March 2019 but our house is no where near the level of completion as your house.

Do you know if all purchasers will have a framing walkthrough or are they limited to persons who made significant structural changes?
I assume everyone gets framing walkthrough but cant confirm.
Oct 29, 2012
64 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
Have you guys noticed that the kitchen cabinets for Andrin comes stacked if you opted for 10ft ceiling and there is space left between top of cabinets and ceiling - I assume the cabinets for 10ft ceiling goes 9ft and one ft is left open . Wouldn't it look good if it went all the way to the ceiling instead ?

Anyone else opting for 10ft ceiling and have any idea on this ?

also - I we would like to see a house that is under construction with 10ft ceiling to get an idea of the ceiling height.
Oct 3, 2017
23 posts
1 upvote
ahamadahamad wrote: Have you guys noticed that the kitchen cabinets for Andrin comes stacked if you opted for 10ft ceiling and there is space left between top of cabinets and ceiling - I assume the cabinets for 10ft ceiling goes 9ft and one ft is left open . Wouldn't it look good if it went all the way to the ceiling instead ?

also - I we would like to see a house that is under construction with 10ft ceiling to get an idea of the ceiling height.
I bought from Brookfield at New Seaton Pickering; My kitchen cabinets are also left 1 ft. vacant in top of the ceiling due to 10 ft height; Brookfield charged me $1150 to cover up the vacant are over the kitchen cabinet- expensive indeed but I wouldn't compromise with 10ft height ceiling though!!
Nov 27, 2018
10 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone purchase a new construction home from Kaitlin Homes Lake Breeze in Bowmanville? I bought in phase 2 on March 2017, and it has been delayed until September 2019.
Nov 27, 2018
10 posts
7 upvotes
ahamadahamad wrote: Have you guys noticed that the kitchen cabinets for Andrin comes stacked if you opted for 10ft ceiling and there is space left between top of cabinets and ceiling - I assume the cabinets for 10ft ceiling goes 9ft and one ft is left open . Wouldn't it look good if it went all the way to the ceiling instead ?

Did they provide any options for closing the 1ft gap?
Oct 29, 2012
64 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
nununugget wrote: Did they provide any options for closing the 1ft gap?
no, no option was given . We really wanted cabinets all the way to the ceiling and now that gap - probably going to look awkward .
Jul 14, 2017
126 posts
31 upvotes
ahamadahamad wrote: no, no option was given . We really wanted cabinets all the way to the ceiling and now that gap - probably going to look awkward .
No, it will be fine....

Just put some decor up there. Flowers toys stuff like that. You won't be using those space anyway.

Some builder actually use those space for duct work
Oct 3, 2017
23 posts
1 upvote
ben1628 wrote: No, it will be fine....

Just put some decor up there. Flowers toys stuff like that. You won't be using those space anyway.

Some builder actually use those space for duct work
Once fill-up the gap, the kitchen look will be way different; I have checked with the builder between the empty space at top and after fill-up with additional cabinet up to roof.
Mar 7, 2011
26 posts
6 upvotes
Received my official delay from Andrin for country lane today.

Purchased phase 1, original closing December 2018 ...moved to April 2019... now "firm" at July 2019.

Cant say I'm surprised , since the basement foundation only done a few weeks ago. Thankfully, my plans aren't impacted much and I'd rather move in warmer temperatures.
May 28, 2017
30 posts
4 upvotes
Mine is P2 country lane... initial closing date is Apr 2019. No foundation yet. Definitely it will be delayed. Might be in 2020. but Still didn't hear anything from Andrin regards to delay. I will be going to my color selection next week. Not sure why Andrin is getting money from buyers so ahead of time.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
Is what is going on in Durham Region something that is happening re: rest of GTA?

Namely, new house is, say, $1,000,000 directly from the builder.
Exact same model 1 year old is, say $600K.

I don't understand why anyone is buying new, then?
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: Is what is going on in Durham Region something that is happening re: rest of GTA?

Hey if I could spend a bit more and buy new I would. Just the concept of having a house built the way I want it, with all the options built in is very enticing. Of course I have one income and spend way too much elsewhere so I can't afford a new home, but by god I would love one...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Hey if I could spend a bit more and buy new I would. Just the concept of having a house built the way I want it, with all the options built in is very enticing. Of course I have one income and spend way too much elsewhere so I can't afford a new home, but by god I would love one...
I guess I can sort of see this, but unlike a car, retrofitting a house after the fact is easy and frequently done. Retrofitting a feature into a car after it is delivered is tough to do, as an alternative.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Banned
Feb 23, 2009
1670 posts
1496 upvotes
Oshawa
angryaudifanatic wrote: Is what is going on in Durham Region something that is happening re: rest of GTA?

It's a sure sign at the end of the RE boom.
Have to try and justify the price of crappy RE.
Banned
Feb 23, 2009
1670 posts
1496 upvotes
Oshawa

http://uctowercondo.ca

You can buy a beautiful tiny concrete box in the sky located in North Oshawa for $500K!!
Miles away from the 401 and you can only get around buy using the 407 toll highway?
LOL!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
pkrash wrote:

You can buy a beautiful tiny concrete box in the sky located in North Oshawa for $500K!!
Miles away from the 401 and you can only get around buy using the 407 toll highway?
LOL!!!!
Now now, there is certainly a $200k version with 500sq ft available which I'm sure will be the big seller ;)
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16505 posts
21843 upvotes
Toronto
pkrash wrote:

LOL!!!!
If you don't like it don't buy it.

Why are you wasting your time in a forum for something you don't even like. Get a life.

This condo is walking distance to a rapidly growing university. Plenty of people buying for their kids to live in while they study then rent it out later.

Like seriously what kind of person goes to a subforum about something they don't like and just trolls people there. Do you see me in the investing subforum laughing at people when the sp500 goes down.

Do you really have nothing better to do with your life? Other people here actually want info for things that impact them.
Banned
Feb 23, 2009
1670 posts
1496 upvotes
Oshawa
sircheersa wrote: If you don't like it don't buy it.

Why are you wasting your time in a forum for something you don't even like. Get a life.

This condo is walking distance to a rapidly growing university. Plenty of people buying for their kids to live in while they study then rent it out later.

Like seriously what kind of person goes to a subforum about something they don't like and just trolls people there. Do you see me in the investing subforum laughing at people when the sp500 goes down.

Do you really have nothing better to do with your life? Other people here actually want info for things that impact them.
LOL!!!
That's exactly why I'm posting. Hoping to educate people about RE and investments.
The real question might be why are you wasting so much time pumping RE on this forum?
It's not that I don't "like" it...it's just a terrible investment at this point in a broken GTA RE market.
Go ahead...sell us on this over priced, cash flow negative small concrete box in the sky.
Sure, some people will like it just because they don't want to own a house or they have too much money to throw around.
I'm going to go out on limb and bet that a whole lot would want to buy this as an investment and not live in it.
Sadly, the world is not always a happy place where everything turns to gold and no one ever gets old.
RE doesn't always go up every day/week/month/year.
Please...tell/show us how this purchase will increase in value and be cash flow positive.
Tell us all how it's a better buy than a detached real house with a real yard for the same price.
Maybe just admitting it would be easier than arguing?