[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 11:23 am
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
Sonsonia wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 12:42 pm
My husband just called the city of Pickering .They said they would need the exact site location address to determine the distance .Do any of you know the exact site address ?
Het any further update on the power lines? Curious to know
Justriya
Jun 1, 2017
18 posts
4 upvotes
He will go on Thursday with the map of the property.Once I get some info will post on forum for sure .Fingers crossed guys
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
My husband went to the sells centre yesterday and spoke to the sales person. He said the power lines are very far from the site. There is green space in between you might just be able to see the tops of it.
Justriya
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
Sonsonia wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:17 am
He will go on Thursday with the map of the property.Once I get some info will post on forum for sure .Fingers crossed guys
Have you purchased yet? Tower hill only has one 43 lot available
Justriya
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
If you check the West duffins creek pics online you can see the power lines but they look further away.
Justriya
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
Sonsonia wrote:
Please let us know his findings.
Justriya
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3105 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
Repooc wrote:
Apr 29th, 2016 2:21 pm
Interesting... I skipped out on my "VIP pricing appointment" last weekend. I wonder how many lots have already sold during the pre-sale and how much the prices have gone up (if any).

The smallest/cheapest model I was looking to buy for investment purposes was $430,000 iirc (no upgrades of course)
bit of a necro-bump within this thread.... but figured it was relevant.

back in April 2016 I skipped out an an appointment to book a new construction townhome for investment (probably rent out or flip) at the corner of Taunton and Thickson in Whitby.

Looks like those who were speculating at the time are now looking to dump those properties, rather than hold or rent out.

Interesting to see that the exact same model that I was looking at for $430K in April 2016 (which I thought was outrageous at the time for such a small house at 1,488 sq ft) is now asking for $639,000. Mind you absolutely nothing has been done to it. This is a pure flip.... I'm sure the owners JUST got occupancy because a lot of the units in this development are still under heavy construction.

MLS Listing here

And there are 2 more on the same street, asking pretty much the same price (again, never lived in...just a quick flip)
$639K corner unit
$649K corner unit

Man... if these flippers are gonna clear $200K ,.. well, let's say $100K after taxes and RE fees (optimistically) for just waiting a year. I'm gonna kick myself.
Jan 15, 2009
43 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Repooc wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 11:28 am
bit of a necro-bump within this thread.... but figured it was relevant.

back in April 2016 I skipped out an an appointment to book a new construction townhome for investment (probably rent out or flip) at the corner of Taunton and Thickson in Whitby.

Looks like those who were speculating at the time are now looking to dump those properties, rather than hold or rent out.

Interesting to see that the exact same model that I was looking at for $430K in April 2016 (which I thought was outrageous at the time for such a small house at 1,488 sq ft) is now asking for $639,000. Mind you absolutely nothing has been done to it. This is a pure flip.... I'm sure the owners JUST got occupancy because a lot of the units in this development are still under heavy construction.

MLS Listing here

And there are 2 more on the same street, asking pretty much the same price (again, never lived in...just a quick flip)
$639K corner unit
$649K corner unit

Man... if these flippers are gonna clear $200K ,.. well, let's say $100K after taxes and RE fees (optimistically) for just waiting a year. I'm gonna kick myself.
Back then, deposit structures were very good as well!

It would be interesting to see how much do these actually go for.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3105 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
modi_lucky wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 11:56 am
Back then, deposit structures were very good as well!

It would be interesting to see how much do these actually go for.
yeah, iirc... something like $60K or $80K
Jan 15, 2009
43 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Repooc wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 12:18 pm
yeah, iirc... something like $60K or $80K
I know some project were only requiring up to 40-50K for a $500K free-hold! And so many people made some serious dough. However, if those people didn't do their taxes right... they would be in some serious trouble.
May 28, 2017
33 posts
2 upvotes
Sonsonia wrote:
Hey we called the city of Pickering! And was told that power lines are about 1 km away from the site. It's the same powerlines that go by mattamy homes I think. And the other powerlines are too far, there is lot of green space in between. Hope this helps
Justriya
Jun 12, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Hi I'm thinking of buying one of the properties from the Ivy Ridge Minto project. It seems like they are having difficulty trying to sell their lots so I received another email saying they lowered their prices by 10k if you purchase this weekend as they are releasing additional lots. When I went last week during mid week they still had most of their 36' lots available and some of the 43' lots. It seems like all builders are having some type of difficulty trying to sell out their phases. Did anyone from here buy from Minto in Durham? If yes, what are your thoughts? I'm looking at a 43' lot with a 3700 sq ft house on it.
Jul 14, 2017
45 posts
13 upvotes
It is exactly what you would expect. All new detached single family house are now over 1M. it's a price that I don't think will attract too many flippers. As a result, most of the buyers are buying for themselves. As you can see, all the lines up are now gone. It is actually back to a balanced market.
May 6, 2015
597 posts
137 upvotes
Unionville, ON
jamiewooh766135 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 2:04 pm
Hi I'm thinking of buying one of the properties from the Ivy Ridge Minto project. It seems like they are having difficulty trying to sell their lots so I received another email saying they lowered their prices by 10k if you purchase this weekend as they are releasing additional lots. When I went last week during mid week they still had most of their 36' lots available and some of the 43' lots. It seems like all builders are having some type of difficulty trying to sell out their phases. Did anyone from here buy from Minto in Durham? If yes, what are your thoughts? I'm looking at a 43' lot with a 3700 sq ft house on it.
I know someone who bought a Minto home in North Oshawa. All I can say is that they are the best i've seen so far. They close on time, high quality finishes, excellent customer service pre and post PDI. They even gave a welcome package that included like doormats, towels, and an Apple TV box. I know it's not much but it's the little things that count to good experience. I saw the house and it was well constructed. They legit have nothing to report on the 30 day form. Whatever was discussed in the PDI was fixed within 3 days!!! You can't go wrong with them.