Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 7:42 pm
Oct 3, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
Does your builder/seller specified any closing date on your agreement of purchase and sale ? mine specified as February 18, 2019 though
Feb 12, 2008
173 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Crawleygirl wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 7:26 pm
When we asked about train tracks the Tower Hill sales agent said those train tracks are not functional and no train will be going pass. Can someone please confirm this.
If this is important to you, make sure your response from the builder is provided in writing/email.
To the best of my knowledge, most railroads are owned, operated or maintained by CN Rail or Canadian Pacific, Try searching here or here for the tracks.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2953 posts
331 upvotes
care73 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:31 pm
Anyone know of the pricing for Fieldgate @ Whitby Meadows?
Also, does anyone have any info about Timber Trails in Bowmanville? I believe its by Farsight...I saw signage for it 2 years ago and still nothing...
In terms of Whitby Meadows, the only thing we have heard is townhomes from the 600's

I am waiting patiently for pricing also.
Oct 3, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
Crawleygirl wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 7:26 pm
When we asked about train tracks the Tower Hill sales agent said those train tracks are not functional and no train will be going pass. Can someone please confirm this.
@Justria .. do you know the would be construction site of Tower Hill in New Seaton project that you bought falls which side of Taunton/Whites (or Taunton/Brock)? can you just tell me exact location of construction site?
Jul 9, 2010
103 posts
35 upvotes
Anyone bought at Ivy Ridge (Minto)? Their prices seem lower compared to other builders in the surrounding areas for their 43' lots..
Jul 9, 2010
103 posts
35 upvotes
Whitby Meadows - anyone know what lot sizes they will have in the 1st phase?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2953 posts
331 upvotes
atif7x7 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 4:20 pm
Whitby Meadows - anyone know what lot sizes they will have in the 1st phase?
They have towns, semis, 30' and 36'.

Pricing was also released in the latest email:

Towns high 500s
Semis low 700s
30' mid 700s
36' mid 800s
May 28, 2017
35 posts
2 upvotes
Sky4watch wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 12:07 pm
@Justria .. do you know the would be construction site of Tower Hill in New Seaton project that you bought falls which side of Taunton/Whites (or Taunton/Brock)? can you just tell me exact location of construction site?
We went to went duffrins creek lookout and it's near there
Last edited by Crawleygirl on Oct 9th, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justriya
May 28, 2017
35 posts
2 upvotes
Sonsonia wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:17 am
He will go on Thursday with the map of the property.Once I get some info will post on forum for sure .Fingers crossed guys
Hey wondering if you were able to visit the site. We went today to west duffrins creek look out and looks like they have started some work on the site.
Justriya
Feb 12, 2008
173 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone with a drone taking fly over videos of their home to be? Very intrested in this.. If no one has a drone I may consider purchasing one for this purpose...

Anyone intrested in this? Whats fair market value for this?
Jun 1, 2017
18 posts
4 upvotes
Crawleygirl wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 6:03 pm
Hey wondering if you were able to visit the site. We went today to west duffrins creek look out and looks like they have started some work on the site.
They said the power lines will be south of Rosalind .We visited the site too and saw that there were no power lines in the new seaton site but some running through the mattamy sites.These could be temporary .So in the end we ended up buying with aspen ridge
May 6, 2015
615 posts
142 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Sonsonia wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 9:24 am
They said the power lines will be south of Rosalind .We visited the site too and saw that there were no power lines in the new seaton site but some running through the mattamy sites.These could be temporary .So in the end we ended up buying with aspen ridge
Nice - i was 99% sure of the power lines lol. Which model did you end up getting?
Jun 1, 2017
18 posts
4 upvotes
rigalpatel wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:18 am
Nice - i was 99% sure of the power lines lol. Which model did you end up getting?
We ended up with Vedder with 5th bedroom option?Did you purchase too ?
Nov 5, 2016
24 posts
5 upvotes
Does anyone live in West Whitby? I'm considering Whitby Meadows and would be moving from East Gwillimbury.

How is the community? crime? schools? amenities? raising a family? etc

Any feedback from those who live in the area or are familiar with it would be greatly appreciated!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2011
3949 posts
3566 upvotes
Toronto
AmeetH069477 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:28 am
Does anyone live in West Whitby? I'm considering Whitby Meadows and would be moving from East Gwillimbury.

How is the community? crime? schools? amenities? raising a family? etc

Any feedback from those who live in the area or are familiar with it would be greatly appreciated!
Not in west Whitby but I do live close by in Durham. Whitby is amazing, especially where Whitby Meadows will be. I would say it's a great place to raise a family. Low crime, very family centered community. Lot's of programs for kids, great schools. When I moved from Toronto I was shocked how friendly everyone was.