Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 11:22 am
Nov 2, 2015
31 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wishing all a healthy and happy New Year.

Can someone kindly provide some guidance to us?

We're married couple (30-35 yrs) looking to buy a relatively newer freehold town/semi (3 beds; 1500+ sqft; around $600 - $650k) in Pickering/Ajax/Whitby region. Planning to start our family in this new location and raise our new born. I work from home and my wife plans to take maternity break in a few months.

Which locations within Pickering/Ajax/Whitby region are relatively safer, homely community and great for raising a family?

Thanks in advance.
Mar 3, 2016
372 posts
197 upvotes
ConnectMe wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 11:44 am

We're married couple (30-35 yrs) looking to buy a relatively newer freehold town/semi (3 beds; 1500+ sqft; around $600 - $650k) in Pickering/Ajax/Whitby region. Planning to start our family in this new location and raise our new born. I work from home and my wife plans to take maternity break in a few months.

Which locations within Pickering/Ajax/Whitby region are relatively safer, homely community and great for raising a family?

Thanks in advance.
You should probably look at the towns at both east and west of Brock St just south of Taunton in Pickering. They are relatively new and safe. The area is still developing but lots to come in the next few years. Plenty of towns also being built in Ajax. I saw some nice projects just south west of Rossland and Audley which is also generally safe and developing.
Mar 3, 2016
372 posts
197 upvotes
LauraG109094 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 10:49 am
Hey, when did you buy your home at New Seaton?
There are already plenty of towns there with people living in them and some of them are reselling. I wouldn't advise the person above to go with precons given all the delays.
Dec 7, 2016
15 posts
1 upvote
I’m talking about New Seaton, no one is living there yet, they haven’t been built. I bought a Mattamy Home.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
4862 posts
991 upvotes
Toronto
LauraG109094 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 3:38 pm
I’m talking about New Seaton, no one is living there yet, they haven’t been built. I bought a Mattamy Home.
The specific project you are referring to may not be complete, but there are plenty of "newer" homes that have been built for years at Brock and Taunton (which is what the poster was alluding to).
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Mortgage Agent and Real Estate Sales Representative
May 27, 2013
170 posts
13 upvotes
care73 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 8:15 pm
Pro is that they are significantly cheaper than New Seaton and close to 401 & 412
Con is that they are 25 km South East of New Seaton and in not a very nice area of Whitby.

Although area doesn't seem to matter as people seem very interested in Whitby Meadows and Phase 1 is backing onto CN rail lines and the Sales Associate told me that it will be loud.

I think if you plan on living in it Hiddenbrook by Tiffany Park is more bang for your buck. As for resale I think they are still overpriced for the current market. Just my opinion.
Not a very nice area ? What's the major Intersection
Nov 9, 2016
55 posts
4 upvotes
wantboost1 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 11:32 pm
Not a very nice area ? What's the major Intersection
Dundas & 412 across the street from the large community housing buildings.
May 28, 2017
35 posts
2 upvotes
Hi all

Does anyone have update or pic of the site for Towerhill detached homes? wondering if they started any work. if any one has any update please inform me.
Justriya
May 6, 2015
615 posts
142 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Crawleygirl wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:25 am
Hi all

Does anyone have update or pic of the site for Towerhill detached homes? wondering if they started any work. if any one has any update please inform me.
i drive past that place on my way home and it's the same as before. Didn't someone say they got a new seaton delay already here? Even mattamy homes from Jan 2016 have been delayed, so i doubt new seaton will even start at this point
Dec 7, 2016
15 posts
1 upvote
rigalpatel wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:15 am
i drive past that place on my way home and it's the same as before. Didn't someone say they got a new seaton delay already here? Even mattamy homes from Jan 2016 have been delayed, so i doubt new seaton will even start at this point
That’s what I understood. My home I purchased in phase 1 in Jan 2016 has been delayed 3 times.
May 28, 2012
74 posts
27 upvotes
ONT
ConnectMe wrote:

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest you look in Brooklin, meets your safe, homely and great for raising a family requirements. For your budget you could get a 3 bedroom detached resale instead of town or semi (look in realtor.ca). It's further north and east than Pickering and Ajax but you don't seem to need to travel to TO.
Nov 13, 2009
494 posts
211 upvotes
Ajax
ConnectMe wrote:

Thanks in advance.
You could easily find a new town in Ajax at Audley and Rossland for about 500-550K
And there are some new modern design towns in Whitby for around 550K
PM me if you need more information
May 28, 2017
35 posts
2 upvotes
hey Thanks for the response. do you know the exact location? where do you drive by it?
Justriya
Aug 9, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
Detached homes at Queen's Common by Mattamy Homes are starting at $630K?!
Images
  • Screenshot_2018-01-03-18-04-28.png