[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2018 2:25 pm
Nov 9, 2016
56 posts
4 upvotes
pkrash wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 9:22 pm
You do realize the market has been in decline since last Spring.
Newcon has lagged because builders kept prices up and uneducated buyers continued to over pay for newcon instead of buy better resale/older deals.
Since the market is dead and even slower now seasonally they have no choice but to lower prices.
Lol Yes I am quite aware of the market I read this forum too Pkrash. I was stating that those who purchased a Mattamy Home at Queens Common will likely be quite angry should prices be significantly lower. But until the price list comes out we really don't know.
Nov 3, 2011
971 posts
171 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
care73 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 8:42 pm
I would be SO mad if I were one of those people that paid 150K more for the same house in August. Wow... Will be interesting to compare the new price list against the old one.
The people who bought in August knew it was a bubble. They can't really put it on the builder for them drawing the short straw. If the situation went the other way, they would be telling us how they got a great deal.
Aug 9, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
ahhchoo wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 10:20 pm
The people who bought in August knew it was a bubble. They can't really put it on the builder for them drawing the short straw. If the situation went the other way, they would be telling us how they got a great deal.
I totally agree with that statement.
Apr 20, 2017
55 posts
14 upvotes
KajananS wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 9:02 pm
People faught and paid premiums to secure appointments only to find out that they may have gotten ripped off. But hey who knows, what the future holds... Maybe these prices might skyrocket again in the spring market?! Being optimistic...
If you see the TREB numbers this will not going to happen next year.... Dec 2017 average Toronto price is similar (only +0.7%) compare to Dec 2016... so market is stable. So wait and see Feb/Mar 2018. Then we will hit a new point of comparison. If the price follow 2016 "price gain" then we will see a 30% drop (compare to Feb/March 2017).... this will be a big physiological turning point...
Aug 9, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
JeanMarc40 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:41 am
If you see the TREB numbers this will not going to happen next year.... Dec 2017 average Toronto price is similar (only +0.7%) compare to Dec 2016... so market is stable. So wait and see Feb/Mar 2018. Then we will hit a new point of comparison. If the price follow 2016 "price gain" then we will see a 30% drop (compare to Feb/March 2017).... this will be a big physiological turning point...
Indeed. Seems like that's where we are headed to. Its going to be a COLD spring market....
Jan 6, 2012
220 posts
63 upvotes
KajananS wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:48 am
Indeed. Seems like that's where we are headed to. Its going to be a COLD spring market....
KW deserves this...she was so high-minded finding new ways to "cool the market"...she has gotten what she wanted (she didn't realize how quickly and easily her plans would richochet all over the place) and the market is very cool right now...in my hood (ajax) i've been watching lots of homes re=listed and re-listed since the summer lower and lower, now still not sold. wow, scary. and as for builders, which builders are going to want to continue building possibly having to super slash their prices? ie., people out of work, etc. she was quick to push for a 'solution' without considering these scary consequences of people losing their investments, sellers refusing to put their homes on the market at liquidation prices. I was watching a tv clip on this earlier this year, the ceo of some real estate board or something, she was saying the market was already consolidating and finding its limits before these measures were taken - ie., overzealous sellers just kept relisting their homes again and again when they couldn't get those super high numbers...buyers were already giving their consensus on the value of the homes...the market would have taken care of itself with or without her interfering. just imho.
Aug 9, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 12:22 pm
It’s usually the houses with green grass in the pic but comes up as a new listing that is these ones that keep re-listing....

Like this!

https://mongohouse.com/newlistings/5a4d ... 329ceb2fc1

Added: Also interesting first listed at $1.1 sold for $910
https://mongohouse.com/soldrecords/5a44 ... 3a7d785152
Woahh. That is a big price drop. Will it finally sell now? Damn love that 2013 price... 400K.
May 27, 2013
246 posts
15 upvotes
KajananS wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 7:31 pm
Detached homes at Queen's Common by Mattamy Homes are starting at $630K?!
where is this site exaclty what do u guys think of it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Vahas1