Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2018 8:11 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2975 posts
346 upvotes
ouch that sucks about the price cut, wonder if that will ripple to whitby meadows.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
5821 posts
4058 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
azn_dan wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 12:30 pm
ouch that sucks about the price cut, wonder if that will ripple to whitby meadows.
Why would it suck about the price cut? A buyer can now either afford a bigger house or have a smaller mortgage...how in anyway is that negative? Other that profit in Mattamys pocket because at these prices they know they are still making out like bandits.

In many ways $675k for the Dover still appears very high.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2975 posts
346 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:13 pm
Why would it suck about the price cut? A buyer can now either afford a bigger house or have a smaller mortgage...how in anyway is that negative? Other that profit in Mattamys pocket because at these prices they know they are still making out like bandits.

In many ways $675k for the Dover still appears very high.
I should have clarified, "ouch that sucks for the people who bought at the higher prices"

For anyone now, of course it would be a good thing.
Jun 3, 2015
25 posts
5 upvotes
Ajax, ON
ImageBought from Mattamy and now price reduced 40k. that is first a builder lowers prices and really pissed off. will be calling them next week when they open.. Anyone tried to cancel their purchase...
Already people leaving their deposit and walking due new mortgage rules. got love our liberals..
Aug 9, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
DealHunter100 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:04 pm
ImageBought from Mattamy and now price reduced 40k. that is first a builder lowers prices and really pissed off. will be calling them next week when they open.. Anyone tried to cancel their purchase...
Already people leaving their deposit and walking due new mortgage rules. got love our liberals..
Huh... Any purchase agreements signed prior to 2018 still fall under the previous mortgage qualification rules from what I am aware off. Where have you been hearing that people have been leaving deposits behind due to new mortgage rules?!

On the positive note, at least you didnt make your purchase during last August release when the prices were up even higher than what you bought it in early 2017 for.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
5821 posts
4058 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
DealHunter100 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:04 pm
A) you won’t be cancelling anything or they’ve got big pockets to sue you and you will lose even more
B) you won’t be getting any type of rebate or compensation
C) companies like Mattamy are in the business of building and selling houses, not holding out for the highest price each year...so if a new development is coming on stream...they will price it where the market will buy it...and even $200k less than here Mattamy is making nice profit so they will continue to be able to cut prices and still make money.

It’s funny that when they are increasing prices daily and when buyers are fighting in line with pre con book a house flippers...buyers think this is great let me buy buy buy! And then when it’s going the other way, want to shirk the contract and beg for some low price guarantee like it’s Walmart or something.

People who bought at any cost in the madness, caused the madness.
Jun 3, 2015
25 posts
5 upvotes
Ajax, ON
You sound like you work for a builder and you care about your Job. it is at least unethical to sell a house on paper and after few months drop the price. it does not cost the builder more to build it now....

It is going to be an interesting year with new mortgage changes .
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2011
4358 posts
4049 upvotes
Toronto
DealHunter100 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:56 am
You sound like you work for a builder and you care about your Job. it is at least unethical to sell a house on paper and after few months drop the price. it does not cost the builder more to build it now....

It is going to be an interesting year with new mortgage changes .
That's how markets work. Gas stations change their prices every 10 minutes but it's all coming from the same tank they bought a week ago. It has nothing to do with ethics. You sell at the highest price someone is willing to pay.
Aug 9, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
rjg4235 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:14 pm
That's how markets work. Gas stations change their prices every 10 minutes but it's all coming from the same tank they bought a week ago. It has nothing to do with ethics. You sell at the highest price someone is willing to pay.
I cannot have said that any better. Supply and demand. Basic macro economics. Questions is where is the equilibrium?
Images
  • download (1).png
Jul 31, 2007
302 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough
cartfan123 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:07 am
A) you won’t be cancelling anything or they’ve got big pockets to sue you and you will lose even more
B) you won’t be getting any type of rebate or compensation
C) companies like Mattamy are in the business of building and selling houses, not holding out for the highest price each year...so if a new development is coming on stream...they will price it where the market will buy it...and even $200k less than here Mattamy is making nice profit so they will continue to be able to cut prices and still make money.

It’s funny that when they are increasing prices daily and when buyers are fighting in line with pre con book a house flippers...buyers think this is great let me buy buy buy! And then when it’s going the other way, want to shirk the contract and beg for some low price guarantee like it’s Walmart or something.

People who bought at any cost in the madness, caused the madness.
Not everything you say is true.
My friend bought a home Whitby Queen Common for 650k. About month ago he got an email from Mattamy saying. If you put additional 20k on toward down payment. They will match the down payment and reduce the 20k from buying price. He went to the Mattamy Office located in Seaton Pickering and signed the paper.

so before you say they are not offering rebates or compensation. get your fact straight
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
5821 posts
4058 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
blazinpista wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:52 pm
My friend bought a home Whitby Queen Common for 650k. About month ago he got an email from Mattamy saying. If you put additional 20k on toward down payment. They will match the down payment and reduce the 20k from buying price. He went to the Mattamy Office located in Seaton Pickering and signed the paper.

so before you say they are not offering rebates or compensation. get your fact straight
So, you are saying there’s hope for people that are bitter they overpaid?
Aug 9, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
blazinpista wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:52 pm

Wow that’s great. I’m seriously considering buying in there too but did a quick google for Mattamy Complains and I saw a couple of them. Was wondering if you know anyone who already bought from Mattamy who have something great to say about them?

Homestars
Globalnews
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
5821 posts
4058 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Any pics? Line ups? Cops? Free food?

What's happening this morning there????
Images
  • image.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
5821 posts
4058 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
huntdealz wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 9:25 am
Wow that’s great. I’m seriously considering buying in there too but did a quick google for Mattamy Complains and I saw a couple of them. Was wondering if you know anyone who already bought from Mattamy who have something great to say about them?

Homestars
Globalnews
A) yes, Mattamy is known as less than optimal builder
B) TARION, is much of the time useless for defects if that's what you are relying on to fix the builders issues
C) it is possible to have a decent experience, but if you have the option of selecting from a better builder..do so. The market has cooled buyers should demand proper quality.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Hammer02