[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2018 8:47 am
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1046 posts
385 upvotes
Oshawa
You don’t want to grab this thread but you have now asked the same question twice about a build not relevant to Durham region.

sweetlady123 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:41 pm
Oct 31, 2010
109 posts
30 upvotes
Just got my official delay notice from Coughlan. been checking the site every month and looks like they're on track, they even have houses that are complete and offering people to close earlier.
Jan 6, 2012
203 posts
62 upvotes
dookiepants wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:04 am
Just got my official delay notice from Coughlan. been checking the site every month and looks like they're on track, they even have houses that are complete and offering people to close earlier.
wondering then, why are they giving you a delay notice, if they appear to be on time?
Jul 14, 2017
102 posts
29 upvotes
"Large Deposit". Yes, you can see that last year even in April, and you know they know something.

They have your Large deposit, you can walk away and they don't care; May be send you couple of letter and demand you settle and release your interest.
Aug 21, 2017
13 posts
4 upvotes
John Boddy has a new release this weekend at their Eagle Woods site. It would be great if somebody could post the prices!
Oct 22, 2017
14 posts
2 upvotes
Semis- 700
30 Lot - 800
34 Lot - 900

I don't remember the exact numbers, i got the price by calling them
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2014
5409 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
genesis1234 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 2:04 pm
John Boddy has a new release this weekend at their Eagle Woods site. It would be great if somebody could post the prices!
Quality builder.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Mortgage Agent and Real Estate Sales Representative
Mar 29, 2017
57 posts
7 upvotes
http://www.sundialhomes.com/register/?id=106

FINAL RELEASE of 36’ & 40‘ homes and live mortgage free for 1 year*,
in Ajax’s most desirable community, Mulberry Meadows. An exceptional lifestyle awaits you in this tranquil location bordering Carruthers Creek, surrounded by pristine parklands,walking and bicycle paths, a picturesque pond, and close to new neighbourhood schools and a community centre.
Oct 22, 2017
14 posts
2 upvotes
Any idea about the prices of Mulberry Meadows 30' & 36' Detached ones ?
Jan 1, 2013
848 posts
282 upvotes
Durham
Damiar wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 9:27 am
http://www.sundialhomes.com/register/?id=106

FINAL RELEASE of 36’ & 40‘ homes and live mortgage free for 1 year*,
in Ajax’s most desirable community, Mulberry Meadows. An exceptional lifestyle awaits you in this tranquil location bordering Carruthers Creek, surrounded by pristine parklands,walking and bicycle paths, a picturesque pond, and close to new neighbourhood schools and a community centre.
This area is not as desirable as it was. It is surrounded by stacked towns, kinda takes away from the beauty of the area. Also, most of those stacked towns are rentals and don't have the best tenants. They are hardly maintained now and also a fair bit of minor crimes now. A few people I know bought there years ago and have now sold and left that area.
Jun 25, 2010
8 posts
Any thoughts on the mattamy queens common at current prices? Can anyone comment from experience will mattamy negotiate on upgrades or design dollars?
Jan 16, 2016
55 posts
18 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
erlalonde wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 8:09 pm
Any thoughts on the mattamy queens common at current prices? Can anyone comment from experience will mattamy negotiate on upgrades or design dollars?
Not to be rude or anything, but I feel that sometime, people ask questions that are quite irrelevant, just for the sake of asking questions.
1) Thoughts on the current queens common prices are irrelevant because a) they have already been set my Mattamy and won't usually change because people want them too. b) you will either get people say its fair, unfair, or just right....which will still do nothing to influence whether you buy or not and
2) At this point in time, you should be aware that its still a seller market in terms of new construction, that Mattamy will not negotiate on upgrade or design dollars just because you want to negotiate. They will provide more incentive on a phase by phase approach or house class instead of a la carte for individual people. Otherwise if you got a discount and then told one person, that person will then tell mattamy that their friend got an extra incentive and now they want one.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife
(I stole this quote from RFD user LoANeal - #OwningUpToTheTheft)
Oct 22, 2017
14 posts
2 upvotes
Yesterday visited the Mattamy and John Boddy model homes, felt that Mattamy homes lack the quality... The closets, the wood and over all quality but looking fancy which will suit young couples.

John Boddy build quality is solid and obviously reputation of JB Is very good, but it lacks the fancy when compared to Mattamy.

My vote is for JB, but detached homes are above my price line $750. And cannot go for Mattamy as the quality is cheap.

Waiting for Mulberry Meadows 🤞
May 27, 2013
242 posts
15 upvotes
Some clarification please ..
So Whitby meadows is how many builder and detached homes? What's the main website ?
For queens common it's only 40 homes ??
And where exactly are both sites gonna be built?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)