Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:00 am
Dec 26, 2006
535 posts
693 upvotes
Just got an email from Mattamy confirming the registration is now full and closed.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1290 posts
519 upvotes
And

Due to an overwhelming response, the registration for today's release is now closed. You will only be contacted by our sales consultants if your appointment request can be accommodated.

As a result of the extreme high volume of users at one time on the registration website there was a short disruption of service experienced today. While we try to avoid these situations the best we can, unfortunately technology does have its shortfalls with high usage. Mattamy Homes apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Thank you for your interest in the Seaton Mulberry community. Please continue to watch your email for future releases.
Aug 31, 2020
26 posts
16 upvotes
man what a waste of time honestly. I got to the last page where you select model and click submit, it timed out there.

I'm first time home buyer and if this is how people get home, man this is serious problem and govt needs to do something about it. Getting through this process is more frustrating than saving capital because not everyone gets fair chance.
Aug 31, 2020
26 posts
16 upvotes
Good luck to those who got in, let us know if you start getting email from sales rep.

Even lottery is fair game than this, because in lottery you at least get chance to buy ticket. Here you just time out....
Jan 17, 2022
51 posts
30 upvotes
Was that a ‘Submit’ button? Once I clicked it, it took me to another stage which was just a message about how you may or may not receive an email, but when I pressed enter there, it timed out. So not sure if I “submitted” or not (most likely not).
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1290 posts
519 upvotes
parsley515 wrote: Good luck to those who got in, let us know if you start getting email from sales rep.

Even lottery is fair game than this, because in lottery you at least get chance to buy ticket. Here you just time out....
100% agree on lottery. At least you will get chance. current online booking gives advantage to certain people ......
Jan 17, 2022
4 posts
1 upvote
Same thing happened to me for group 1.
But after trying multiple times I got a number in group 3. But I am 1000% sure everything will be booked in group 1 itself. Nothing will come to group 2 or 3.

So frustrating to buy a house in current market
Dec 20, 2018
445 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
tajtaj wrote: Was that a ‘Submit’ button? Once I clicked it, it took me to another stage which was just a message about how you may or may not receive an email, but when I pressed enter there, it timed out. So not sure if I “submitted” or not (most likely not).
If you actually submitted you will get an email saying what group you are in. And it will even say if you are the first 1-50 to submit. If you are not in group one and your email does not say 1-50 the chances of you getting a home is slim. I doubt the first 50 people would say no.
Jan 17, 2022
51 posts
30 upvotes
Thank you for explaining. I was thinking it was 10 appointments per group because there are 50 total lots in the release.
Jun 11, 2018
55 posts
63 upvotes
Damn 250 people booked for a release of 50 homes. I wonder how often people down in the line are even able to get a home in these types of releases
Jun 15, 2019
926 posts
807 upvotes
masterofnone wrote: Damn 250 people booked for a release of 50 homes. I wonder how often people down in the line are even able to get a home in these types of releases
Someone said 5000 people try. I been trying for year and half without luck
Aug 8, 2013
83 posts
15 upvotes
Pickering
Strandednomad wrote: Someone said 5000 people try. I been trying for year and half without luck
Definitely well into the thousands, maybe even tens of thousands. It takes quite a bit of traffic to make the server platform crash.
Dec 20, 2018
445 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
masterofnone wrote: Damn 250 people booked for a release of 50 homes. I wonder how often people down in the line are even able to get a home in these types of releases
It has to be more than 250. The website crashed like the covid vaccine booking lol. I am not sure how many spots are in each group but the way the email makes it sound is like there are more than 50 spots in a group.
Aug 31, 2020
26 posts
16 upvotes
eracer3 wrote: Definitely well into the thousands, maybe even tens of thousands. It takes quite a bit of traffic to make the server platform crash.
If they can't handle even 1000 requests at a time, what a bad engineering it is. With the power of cloud innovations, you can scale up as much as want to. Problem is their buying business process is not scaling well with their system engineering, Mattamy needs to look into this otherwise change from rsvpfy vendor to someone else.
Aug 8, 2013
83 posts
15 upvotes
Pickering
teaguru wrote: It has to be more than 250. The website crashed like the covid vaccine booking lol. I am not sure how many spots are in each group but the way the email makes it sound is like there are more than 50 spots in a group.
If it's the same as last release, they have 50 spots open per group, and they had 5 groups, hence the 250 spots. But there are definitely way more people attempting to get a spot.
Aug 8, 2013
83 posts
15 upvotes
Pickering
parsley515 wrote: If they can't handle even 1000 requests at a time, what a bad engineering it is. With the power of cloud innovations, you can scale up as much as want to. Problem is their buying business process is not scaling well with their system engineering, Mattamy needs to look into this otherwise change from rsvpfy vendor to someone else.
I'm assuming RVPify has different tiered subscriptions which should be able to support this traffic. I believe Mattamy doesn't really care about this and went with the lowest tier. In the end, they still get all spots filled up, so why should they change anything?? Definitely sucks from our perspective though.
Dec 20, 2018
445 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
eracer3 wrote: If it's the same as last release, they have 50 spots open per group, and they had 5 groups, hence the 250 spots. But there are definitely way more people attempting to get a spot.
oh makes sense. In that case maybe some in group 2 will get called since this release has 50 homes. Someone in the 50 would have to decline or a duplicate entry.
Nov 21, 2018
335 posts
308 upvotes
I learned my lesson after failing to get into their previous two releases and bought a newer single detatch in the pre-existing market.

Honestly a FTHB should consider this route instead. It’s a gamble waiting to purchase a house in hopes of getting in on these releases.

Newer single detached are still possible to get for 1.2-1.3 in north ajax which is already a fairly established community.
Dec 20, 2018
445 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
Nexus313 wrote: I learned my lesson after failing to get into their previous two releases and bought a newer single detatch in the pre-existing market.

Honestly a FTHB should consider this route instead. It’s a gamble waiting to purchase a house in hopes of getting in on these releases.

Newer single detached are still possible to get for 1.2-1.3 in north ajax which is already a fairly established community.
It is definitely a gamble. But if you get in your lucky. The Mattamy prices are well undermarket at this time.
Nov 21, 2018
335 posts
308 upvotes
teaguru wrote: It is definitely a gamble. But if you get in your lucky. The Mattamy prices are well undermarket at this time.
It's very unrealistic to get in (also unrealistic to think you will win the lotto ;) ), it's best to not wait to get in on these releases if you're serious about buying a home. It's a nice to have if you can get one but it shouldn't be the only option for home buyers. You'll likely be waiting to get one of these for cheap while the market goes up.

my 2 cents.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

menan