• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 4:45 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
625 posts
227 upvotes

GTA East 2017 Dash cam professional install - $40 per channel *Update*

Update: March 20, 2017.

Please start scheduling your appts by either calling in or using their request an appt form. 39 cars altogether. Thanks guys !! You guys have been awesome !! This group buy is now considered complete

#5, 155 McIntosh Dr, Markham - ON L3R 0N6
Phone: (647) 439-4485.
Installation Appt: https://fs7.formsite.com/lockdown/form16/index.html

______________________________________________________________________________________

*** Check out the Spring 2017 Tint & PPF group buy on this forum.

______________________________________________________________________________________

There is enough interest for this and the group buy has been authorized.

I have spoken to Jeff at Lockdown security in Markham. He's giving us a group buy rate of $40 incl of taxes per cam (channel). I need the Car make and model and dash cam model when you sign up by replying to this thread. Once I compile the list, you can set up your installation appt online which he will verify against this list. PMP is not included and its $50. Hard wiring cables (wiring kits) are not included as well. They provide connectors, grounding screws and fuse taps. Jeff needs a firm start date and end date for this group buy. So once we compile the list, we can may be set it up for the last week of March or so for 2-3 weekends. If someone here at RFD can provide a heated garage space in Mississauga, they're willing to do one or two days of installation in the west end as well. Jeff can only accommodate this price if we have enough customers willing to participate in this group buy.

Please post on this forum if you are interested in taking advantage of this deal. I will keep track and make a list of all parties interested. Once we have enough interest, I will further post instructions on how to proceed with the install.

Any payments will be made directly to the company at the time of the install.

Please do not contact the company directly in regards to the group buy. The last thing I want is for them to get flooded with RFD'ers calling to inquire. As I stated, just post on here if you are interested, and once there are enough people interested, I will advise on the next steps.

If you have any specific questions in regards to any special requirements or requests for your vehicle, please pm me with the information, and I will find out and get back to you. Be sure to include your make, model, year, and details of the request. If your battery is in the trunk, yes they will install the cam.

The company information is listed below:

#5, 155 McIntosh Dr, Markham - ON L3R 0N6
Phone: (647) 439-4485.
Installation Appt: https://fs7.formsite.com/lockdown/form16/index.html
Last edited by Maplecountry on Feb 28th, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.
193 replies
Sep 27, 2003
8019 posts
1434 upvotes
Newmarket
Possibly interested in the F770 front & rear kit. Their website price is $630 for both cameras, hardware power cable, and installation.

What would be the savings here as part of the group buy?
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44202 posts
3246 upvotes
Toronto
WorldIRC wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:14 pm
Possibly interested in the F770 front & rear kit. Their website price is $630 for both cameras, hardware power cable, and installation.

What would be the savings here as part of the group buy?
In this case it would be:

1. supply ur own cameras
2. pay $40 installation fee for each
3. either buy your own or they supply their hardwiring kits, etc.

It should work out to be cheaper unless the pricing on the dashcams are really competitive.
Sep 27, 2003
8019 posts
1434 upvotes
Newmarket
Jimboski wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:24 pm
In this case it would be:

1. supply ur own cameras
2. pay $40 installation fee for each
3. either buy your own or they supply their hardwiring kits, etc.

It should work out to be cheaper unless the pricing on the dashcams are really competitive.
www.blackboxmycar.ca sells the F770 Front & Rear Cameras with 32GB MicroSD for $470, shipping is Free. $10 for Wiring Kit recommended above. $80 for installation. So basically it works out to $70 cheaper if I supply everything myself.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Nov 3, 2011
832 posts
112 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
Thanks for organizing this event Maplecountry.

I am interested in getting a duo dashcam installation on my vehicle. Here's the info required:
Mazda Mx-5 2016, Qvia R935 Duo
Deal Addict
May 19, 2009
2433 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Just took one of my new cars there last weekend for a hardwire.

Interested in hardwiring my other car in this groupbuy. Please put my name down on the list.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
3876 posts
203 upvotes
hi, please mark me down as well. 1 channel for 1 car at least, potentially 2 cars.
BMW X3 2011
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44202 posts
3246 upvotes
Toronto
WorldIRC wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 10:12 pm
www.blackboxmycar.ca sells the F770 Front & Rear Cameras with 32GB MicroSD for $470, shipping is Free. $10 for Wiring Kit recommended above. $80 for installation. So basically it works out to $70 cheaper if I supply everything myself.
$70 cheaper assuming the group buy has a green light and there's enough people for it to happen.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
625 posts
227 upvotes
Guys, instead of pm ing me, please respond to this thread with the make and model of your car and dashcam so that I can compile the list. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7207 posts
609 upvotes
Markham
Count me in for 2016 Lexus NX200T
Haven't decided on the model of the dash cam yet.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
May 19, 2009
2433 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Count me in.

Lexus NX200t
iTronics ITB-100HD (only need a hardwire, will supply cable)

Thanks.
Sep 30, 2009
447 posts
80 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Interested, but not sure if I should sell my current bnib dashcam for another a one. I bought a Street Guardian SG9665GCv3 to replace my Panorama G, but haven't installed it yet. Looking at other options.. dual channel.
Apr 23, 2014
554 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Maplecountry wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 10:58 pm
Guys, instead of pm ing me, please respond to this thread with the make and model of your car and dashcam so that I can compile the list. Thanks.
Have already PM'ed you this. But I am pasting it here again now.

Car: 2004 Toyota Solara
Dash cam model: A118C
If possible- I'd like a Saturday pre-noon appointment.

Also- I am going to try and buy the hard wiring kit from the amazon link that you had posted. (i am not sure if it would be compatible
with my dashcam. Would anybody out here you be know if this kit is compatible with A118C?

https://www.amazon.ca/Dash-Camera-Vehic ... B00MH4ZVHO

Else, I will go with Lockdown's hard wiring kit. (any idea how much that is?)

Thanks again for doing this.