Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1901 posts
283 upvotes
Ok count me in
Honda Accord 2003
Camera A119s
Few questions though
1) do I need to buy the hardwire kit or the installer is providing it?
2) Now I am only a weekend driver so car stays parked for 5 days. If I do hardwiring, I heard it records all the time, will it not drain the battery. Sorry I never had a dash cam before
3) it has to be a Saturday install , other days won't work for me
Last edited by Asker123 on Mar 15th, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2440 posts
165 upvotes
Mississauga
Can someone direct me on which dash cam I should get want a front and back one with park assist and ability to see through it via smartphone.

Not looking for anything crazy but want a decent quality one
Feb 7, 2017
39 posts
26 upvotes
Asker123 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:01 pm
Ok count me in
Honda Accord 2003
Camera A119s
Few questions though
2) Now I am only a weekend driver so car stays parked for 5 days. If I do hardwiring, I heard it records all the time, will it not drain the battery. Sorry I never had a dash cam before
1.Your cam should have come with wiring kit.
2.Install a PMP to prevent battery drain.
3.You can schedule at your convenience using their online appointment scheduler.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
625 posts
227 upvotes
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:26 pm
I guess that should be good enough (even in the case of a few cancellations, we still have at least 20). Could you please reach out to Jeff and see how soon we can start? Given a choice, I would prefer a Saturday appointment (any time slot on Saturday will be great)
We can start scheduling ourselves as soon as he gives the green light, once I submit the list tomorrow night
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
625 posts
227 upvotes
Updated list: 26 cars so far.

Maplecountry x 2, ahhchoo, ultran00b, mingyang, MP3_SKY, wolfpack27616, Vickel, Miguel Sánchez, mr.owens, ah_long, picofish, TerrenL759304, Menace x 2, bcx, tubs x 2, EP3, Jimmy96, afa, brandon223, Imdead ,dreaderus, Asker123, polonia2005

If I have missed anyone, Please lemme know.
Mar 14, 2010
22 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
2014 Mazda 3 GS - car
VIOFO A119 - camera
weekend install please and thank you
Jan 25, 2011
103 posts
12 upvotes
If it's not too late..

2017 Nissan Maxima
Thinkware 770 with 770R rearview camera

I still have to order the camera, and will probably just buy it from lockdown. Should I have it shipped to my house before the install or just get it once I'm there for the install?

Thanks
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
625 posts
227 upvotes
Updated list: 28 cars so far.

Maplecountry x 2, ahhchoo, ultran00b, mingyang, MP3_SKY, wolfpack27616, Vickel, Miguel Sánchez, mr.owens, ah_long, picofish, TerrenL759304, Menace x 2, bcx, tubs x 2, EP3, Jimmy96, afa, brandon223, Imdead ,dreaderus, Asker123, polonia2005, LeJoker, Mpaia

If I have missed anyone, Please lemme know.

Guys, Please keep them coming. I will update the list again this evening.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1901 posts
283 upvotes
Asker123 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:01 pm
Ok count me in
Honda Accord 2003
Camera A119s
Few questions though
Onex989 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:27 pm
1.Your cam should have come with wiring kit.
2.Install a PMP to prevent battery drain.
3.You can schedule at your convenience using their online appointment scheduler.

1. OK thx.. I wasn't sure that the camera comes with hard wire Kit
2. Now with PMP and all this seems like bit more complex and I know more stuff you add more electric issues in future to resolve.
dashcams-parking-mode-1417859/2/
Can't I just switch the camera ON on Saturday morning when I start my car and switch it off on Sunday night when I park for 5 days. Or isn't there a button to switch it on and off whenever I need to ? Does hard wiring means it will always stay ON?
3. OK thx I will see

Sorry folks, I am going to take a day or two's time to research this bit more. The limited driving that I do and I do not want any parking videos , seems like hard-wiring is not a requirement for me if it will force the camera to record always. May be I will buy A119s and plug it in cigarette plug whenever I drive.. Ugly way but would work. But pls keep me in the list for couple of days if I change my mind.... thx
Mar 13, 2017
91 posts
40 upvotes
Could somebody explain something to me?

I called Lockdown security and inquired if they'd be able to hardwire my dashcam. I have a VIOFO a119 in the front and back, both connected seperately to the cigarette lighter plug via USB. I called and they guy asked me if it was 1 channel or 2 channel. I said 2. Is this correct? What does hardwiring the dashcam consist of anyways? I'd just like to have it on all the time.
Jan 17, 2009
298 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
RoyDavisG wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 2:24 pm
Could somebody explain something to me?

I called Lockdown security and inquired if they'd be able to hardwire my dashcam. I have a VIOFO a119 in the front and back, both connected seperately to the cigarette lighter plug via USB. I called and they guy asked me if it was 1 channel or 2 channel. I said 2. Is this correct? What does hardwiring the dashcam consist of anyways? I'd just like to have it on all the time.
Hardwire straight to your car's power source / fusebox. So you aren't plugging the dash cam into your cigarette lighter. So when you start your car, the dash cam turns on.
OR alternatively, have the dashcam hardwired and always on so it records even when the car is not in motion and a controller such as Blackvue's Power Magic Pro to ensure it does not drain your battery too much.

1 channel is if you have the dashcam that records everything in front of you. 2 channel is if you have a second camera that records (usually) the rear of the car.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2440 posts
165 upvotes
Mississauga
is there an incentive here to buy the cam from the installer?
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
625 posts
227 upvotes
dreaderus wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 4:06 pm
is there an incentive here to buy the cam from the installer?
If you have a model in mind, I could ask Jeff...
Mar 3, 2011
330 posts
141 upvotes
Not to thread hijack as I've been looking at getting the F770 myself with rear camera and hardware kit and found a guy on Kijiji selling it (authorized reseller) for $500 and said that he can do mobile installation for $80 and $60 if you bring it to him.

The only reason why I bring this up is that I was hoping to see $$$ on cost but nothing of the sort unless this thread is strictly installation only.
Last edited by markopas on Mar 16th, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.