Real Estate

GTA house prices, will be going even higher?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2017 7:03 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 4, 2007
105 posts
25 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 5:58 pm
What does all this matter to you? Are you saying immigration can't wholly explain the r/e phenonema? But of course it can't, because that is only one of the factors; there are low interest rates, closeness to employment centers, established communities, and the list goes on.
Exactly, that list must have external and artificial factors.
Dec 4, 2007
105 posts
25 upvotes
manne3702 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 6:19 pm
Because you are the one who is asking the question, "who are buying in the gta and how many babyboomers are downsizing?". Seems like it borders you a lot.
Somebody else used that argument without facts, so I asked the question.
I'm not concerned, but there are countless post without any facts. It is getting ridiculous.

Why would anybody disagree with restricting people that do not live in Canada from buying houses here when many canadians cannot afford it?

What is their agenda? who are they?
May 5, 2013
311 posts
96 upvotes
canachi wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 6:25 pm
I'm not concerned, but there are countless post without any facts. It is getting ridiculous.

Why would anybody disagree with restricting people that do not live in Canada from buying houses here when many canadians cannot afford it?

You can restrict them all you want. But are you saying Canadian can't afford to buy in the gta? Go to any new development, I only see the locals lining up and camping outside for a few nights to get into the game.

Many condos are affordable in the gta even with a 50k salary.

My neighbor recently just sold their home and the new buyer is a young Canadian couple in their early 30s. Where and how they got their downpament, maybe from their parents or maybe they are trading up from previous re but who cares, they certainly are not foreigners.
Dec 4, 2007
105 posts
25 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 6:06 pm
Time is up. It is your turn. Explain why r/e shouldn't be going up.

Please work within the same standard and do not use anecdotal evidence as well.

I don't owe you any time or more explanation.
That's the point you didn't give any explanation.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1037 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
When we (we as in me and my parents) immigrated to canada we had 18k to our name that we had gotten by selling R/E back home. So yeah not everyone comes here with 100-200k in their pockets.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40165 posts
9431 upvotes
canachi wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 6:46 pm
That's the point you didn't give any explanation.
I gave you a figure from my personal experience but you couldn't accept it. You are the one with a problem.

You didn't ask for an explanation, you asked how many I know so I provided a response. You have to get your head examined ... There's an audit trail everywhere.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40165 posts
9431 upvotes
A troll from 2007 is born. Just put him or her on ignore.
May 5, 2013
311 posts
96 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 7:40 pm
Probably another hipster.
Dec 4, 2007
105 posts
25 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 7:40 pm
manne3702 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 8:03 pm
Probably another hipster.
So, anyone asking you to back up your opinions with facts or research is a troll and a hipster?.
Have Fun.
May 5, 2013
311 posts
96 upvotes
canachi wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 8:31 pm
So, anyone asking you to back up your opinions with facts or research is a troll and a hipster?.
Have Fun.
Don't you find yourself annoying? if you don't like my post just ignore it. If you want the stats yourself just go to all the new development yourself and count how many of them are foreigners and report back in here. Also ask them how they get their down payment too.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40165 posts
9431 upvotes
manne3702 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 8:44 pm
Don't you find yourself annoying? if you don't like my post just ignore it. If you want the stats yourself just go to all the new development yourself and count how many of them are foreigners and report back in here. Also ask them how they get their down payment too.
He thinks by asking a series of repetitive why questions he would look intelligent. At least when he first quoted me, he hasn't put any thing of value to justify his opposite stance and just questions people's real life experience because he can't believe there are rich immigrants coming to Canada.

As if immigrants are the only reason the market is hot. I am glad he is someone else's child or parent. Such an annoying person on the forum could be much worse in real life. The why why why makes sense for children learning and growing up but for an adult... Tsk tsk.
Sep 1, 2013
402 posts
94 upvotes
canachi wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 6:25 pm

The Canadians who already own their houses.

Theoretically, anyways.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
532 posts
96 upvotes
Brampton
ID LIKE TO SHARE something on my thread. since we are talking about immigrant being poor.

i have a friend, who's indian. HE has property worth about 5 million back home, He doesnt want to sell it because its been passed on to his family from generations. But now his son who was born and brought up here says he will never go to india and has no plan to. So that property(s) will eventually be sold and 5 million will be coming to canada. Back to the point not every immigrant is poor some just choose to make it on their own.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3939 posts
447 upvotes
Thornhill
manne3702 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 2:04 pm
Why do you assume all new immigrants are poor and bring no asset into the country. Globalization simply enable people to buy a better life.
I don't need to assume, I know.Immigrants coming via investor visa are perhaps 2-4% per year. The rest come with less than 100K. A lot of immigrants I've met and known came with less than $30K.

A lot of my friends are in mid 20s to mid 30s. A lot are renting or pay off their under 350K condos. None of them are making $100K.
Jun 28, 2016
45 posts
9 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 2:47 am
I don't need to assume, I know.Immigrants coming via investor visa are perhaps 2-4% per year. The rest come with less than 100K. A lot of immigrants I've met and known came with less than $30K.

A lot of my friends are in mid 20s to mid 30s. A lot are renting or pay off their under 350K condos. None of them are making $100K.
Fair enough, tell them to work their ass off to earn -- not to expect anything/everything, including house, would be provided free of charge. I was a immigrant about 25 years ago with nothing, I know 1000's of ppl in that situation, but worked part time while in high school & university to earn everything. This is a great country with full of potential for those willing to work hard.