GTA - Looking for Indonesian/Malaysian restaurants

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2012 11:21 am
Tags:
None
Apr 5, 2004
457 posts
193 upvotes
The owner was born and raised in Malaysia. It's authentic Malaysian food.
realfunny wrote: South Asia Malaysia Cuisine is located in Scarborough @ Midland and McNicoll. I've been there a few times. Decent quality food for a decent quality price. The restaurant is run by Chinese people so the food might not be as authentic, but still tastes good regardless.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
realfunny wrote: South Asia Malaysia Cuisine is located in Scarborough @ Midland and McNicoll. I've been there a few times. Decent quality food for a decent quality price. The restaurant is run by Chinese people so the food might not be as authentic, but still tastes good regardless.

Been there a few times. Agreed decent food at a reasonable price.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1433 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
The Bagahon Singapore Bak Kwa Jerky place at Pacific Mall, did anyone try their chicken rice yet? While some other places got the rice part right, the garlic chili dip part is where they fall short.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1433 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
jjtsl wrote: The Bagahon Singapore Bak Kwa Jerky place at Pacific Mall, did anyone try their chicken rice yet? While some other places got the rice part right, the garlic chili dip part is where they fall short.

Okay, so I couldn't resist and went to try their chicken rice over the weekend. All I can say is "Wow"! Without a doubt, this is the most authentic and flavourful chicken rice I've ever tasted in the GTA. The rice is fragrant and tasty, the chicken is succulent and drizzled with their special soy-based sauce, the garlic chili sauce is home made, and even the soup is is great. In short, this is what you would expect to get in Singapore, so for anyone who is craving for authentic hainanese chicken rice from Singapore, this is the place to go. I chatted with the owners and found out that they migrated from Singapore over a decade ago, and have until recently only sold Singapore styled pork and beef jerkies.

There is a store next door also selling the same style chicken rice and have lowered their prices to compete, but it is like day and night, so be fore-warned. I haven't tried the rest of their menu though, so can't comment on anything else.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2010
2726 posts
79 upvotes
Thanks for the review, jjtsl!!

Bagahon Singapore Bak Kwa Jerky
is at Pacific Mall food court
second floor
in the China "Heritage Town" section

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/bagahon-singapor ... ky-markham

[IMG]http://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/ ... Vd_g/l.jpg[/IMG]

-
PROTECT your pet from HOT SUN/HEAT. Dogs can die of heat stroke/dehydration=panting, fast breathing. Dogs need WATER, SHADE, COOL air
http://youtu.be/rYmk2jJZGdM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHgrrA1ERgo
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
BTW gourmet garden is opening a full service restaurant right across from their current location.
Mar 29, 2007
38 posts
22 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jjtsl wrote: Okay, so I couldn't resist and went to try their chicken rice over the weekend. All I can say is "Wow"! Without a doubt, this is the most authentic and flavourful chicken rice I've ever tasted in the GTA. The rice is fragrant and tasty, the chicken is succulent and drizzled with their special soy-based sauce, the garlic chili sauce is home made, and even the soup is is great. In short, this is what you would expect to get in Singapore, so for anyone who is craving for authentic hainanese chicken rice from Singapore, this is the place to go. I chatted with the owners and found out that they migrated from Singapore over a decade ago, and have until recently only sold Singapore styled pork and beef jerkies.

There is a store next door also selling the same style chicken rice and have lowered their prices to compete, but it is like day and night, so be fore-warned. I haven't tried the rest of their menu though, so can't comment on anything else.

Bagahon is running a deal this Easter Weekend: April 6,7,8 2012 on the Singapore Hainan Chicken Rice. The supplier brought in younger chickens than normal so the meat is slightly less that they thought of just offering a mixed plate (without a choice of either Dark or Breast). For $4.49 (normal price of $6.49 so a $2 discount) this weekend, Bagahon are offering singapore chicken rice + soup.
---
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
jjtsl wrote: Okay, so I couldn't resist and went to try their chicken rice over the weekend. All I can say is "Wow"! Without a doubt, this is the most authentic and flavourful chicken rice I've ever tasted in the GTA. The rice is fragrant and tasty, the chicken is succulent and drizzled with their special soy-based sauce, the garlic chili sauce is home made, and even the soup is is great. In short, this is what you would expect to get in Singapore, so for anyone who is craving for authentic hainanese chicken rice from Singapore, this is the place to go. I chatted with the owners and found out that they migrated from Singapore over a decade ago, and have until recently only sold Singapore styled pork and beef jerkies.

Finally gave Bagahon a try. I really enjoyed it. The garlic chili and green onion ginger sauces were excellent with the chicken as well. Will definitely try it again.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)