[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2476 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto

[GTA] Looking for a reasonably priced barber

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced barber, nothing over $20 since I like to tip $5 anyways. It seems like prices have steadily risen over the years. My barber grandfathered me in at much lower prices but he's left the biz.

I live near Weston rd and finch, and work in liberty village, so any barber in those neighbourhoods will do. I'm willing to travel a bit further if it's near Weston and finch but driving around liberty village is a pain in the butt.

Just looking to get a fade.
19 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4655 posts
779 upvotes
Toronto
Mugen123 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 12:21 pm
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced barber, nothing over $20 since I like to tip $5 anyways. It seems like prices have steadily risen over the years. My barber grandfathered me in at much lower prices but he's left the biz.

I live near Weston rd and finch, and work in liberty village, so any barber in those neighbourhoods will do. I'm willing to travel a bit further if it's near Weston and finch but driving around liberty village is a pain in the butt.

Just looking to get a fade.
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/uptown-barber-shop-toronto

20$. My only gripe is long waiting time. Wait an avg of 25 mins per customer. However, i go after work like 4:30-5 so maybe that's why. They do NOT take appointments. Ask for Valentino.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
171 upvotes
Hair Plus inside Jane-Sheppard Mall - Italian guys - $17 + tip will bring you to $20.

Hair CiCi at Victoria Park/Ellesmere - Asian place - $8 + tip will bring you to $10.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1627 posts
215 upvotes
Markham
yesstyle wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 10:07 pm
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/uptown-barber-shop-toronto

20$. My only gripe is long waiting time. Wait an avg of 25 mins per customer. However, i go after work like 4:30-5 so maybe that's why. They do NOT take appointments. Ask for Valentino.
You need to find a Chinese place in Markham. Lots of places offer 10 dollar cuts
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3323 posts
861 upvotes
markham
for less than $20 ..price point seems to be your criteria..you will be ahead of the game in less than a year..and no waiting

https://www.flowbee.com/
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4655 posts
779 upvotes
Toronto
PCUSER wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 8:36 am
You need to find a Chinese place in Markham. Lots of places offer 10 dollar cuts
why do i need to find a Chinese place? Neutral Face
Jan 3, 2005
677 posts
49 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 9:07 am
why do i need to find a Chinese place? Neutral Face
As far as I have seen, the Asians are the only ones offering $8 - $10 haircuts.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4401 posts
594 upvotes
$20 with tip is average ... in most (cheap) places ...
Dec 11, 2005
105 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Where did you end going to for your haircuts? Uptown barber is closed now and I go to Hair Story but my person just left so I'm open to finding a new place that I can go every month and not worry about breaking the bank... and of course person must be good with the trimmers.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4655 posts
779 upvotes
Toronto
mingo-jones wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 8:58 am
Where did you end going to for your haircuts? Uptown barber is closed now and I go to Hair Story but my person just left so I'm open to finding a new place that I can go every month and not worry about breaking the bank... and of course person must be good with the trimmers.
Damn...that sucks. Went there about 3-4 times. Valentino was really skilled.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1698 posts
1223 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
cardguy wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 9:06 am
for less than $20 ..price point seems to be your criteria..you will be ahead of the game in less than a year..and no waiting

https://www.flowbee.com/
OMG I remember that Flowbee on TV.

For some reason this came to mind. :D :D Ahhhhh..... man turn it off....:D
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2687 posts
540 upvotes
Oshawa
Plenty of places in Markham and Scarborough for $8 (Men's Cut ONLY).
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4655 posts
779 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 7:23 pm
Plenty of places in Markham and Scarborough for $8 (Men's Cut ONLY).
Do u know of a good one in Richmond hill?