None
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2003
2155 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Borbor wrote:
Jan 7th, 2010 12:38 pm
And maybe if you'd think about it, you'll realise this statement makes sense completely.

Would you give your boss or your client work that is incomplete but bears your name on it? It's already pressure enough for that person (or a team) to be solely responsible for capturing a hopefully once-in-a-lifetime event that you'll revisit time and time again and share it with your friends and family :) Don't make it any more hair-pulling (for both parties, you and the photographer(s)) to nit-pick on the un-edits. When they're ready, they'll let you know. If I gave you 2500 unedits to pick and edit from, trust me you would much rather have paid the money for the guy to have done it for you.
This is completely true and I agree with your statement 100%.

However, for some clients that don't understand the workflow of photography, they think that the pictures look nice out of the memory card. They don't even understand that post processing needs to be done after the picture is taken.

I am saying this because I have heard similar stories from a few friends of mine. They said their clients want to pictures right after the wedding. The client simply did not know post process existed.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1111 posts
38 upvotes
Rather than the requirements you laid out ... why don't you just specify a budget and find excellent photographers within that budget? You might be surprised at what you find. I am sure there are photographers that do post processing that charge less than those that don't. Most of the photographers I met with don't include albums in their base package prices - it's all extra.