Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[GTA] Red Hot Deal!! iPad 16GB Wi-Fi Brand New $299 !!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2011 11:12 am
Tags:
None
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5438 posts
80 upvotes
Sydney
First-gen. Cold deal. Should be included in the title.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
275 College Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hours of operation:
Mon-Fri 8AM to 7PM
(Service Centre open 8AM to 6PM)
Sat: 9AM to 6PM
(Service Centre Closed)
Sun: closed
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
Yes. title said Ipad. Not Ipad2.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes
ItemFinder wrote: First-gen. Cold deal. Should be included in the title.

Inspect the title carefully, it says what it is. :facepalm: Apple refers to the original iPad as "iPad" without any other suffix or naming convention attached to it.

This is a great deal for those who want to get into the Apple ecosystem with the iOS5, plus its brand new.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
Great deal, but it is in store only, so put GTA in the title
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
might be a good gift for your 10 yr old kid (if you have them)

as for me. no thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
ItemFinder wrote: First-gen. Cold deal. Should be included in the title.

Ummm, the $299 part of this deal makes it HOT.
kingofwale wrote: might be a good gift for your 10 yr old kid (if you have them)
as for me. no thanks

Gee, thanks for sharing. I guess I've been a bit foolish using my own 32GB iPad (OMG first-gen!!) on a daily basis since getting it for all my news, youtube, app needs and business meeting recording/note-taking needs, learning apps for the kids, etc. How could I have mistaken such a useful, stable, intuitive device for the useless kiddie-toy that it obviously is?

You kids just gotta troll don't ya? :facepalm:

Not a big Apple fan, I just like good products. My next tablet will be an Android one most likely. Know any good ones cheaper than this?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11816 upvotes
Calgary
great deal, can barely tell the difference from my ipad and ipad2.
Nov 26, 2004
448 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
if you know iPad 3 may release in next 6 months, I dun think you will spend $299 for 1st Gen iPad... if it is $99 or less, I will buy, but not $299
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
fylee wrote: if you know iPad 3 may release in next 6 months, I dun think you will spend $299 for 1st Gen iPad... if it is $99 or less, I will buy, but not $299

It will never be $99, ever...

Even as refurb in the Apple store, I don't think it will go lower than $299 while it remains within the product sales cycle. Which makes you kinda wonder where the unsold new/refurb units go. The answer is.....there are few if any unsold units.

Just go to refurb.me or follow the threads on here about Macs and Mac Minis that become available on the Apple store, refurb section. The cheapest Mac Minis are gone within 20 minutes each and every time...that tells me that they have no excess stock at the end of the day. Possibly ever. Which is kinda amazing if you think about it...
Nov 6, 2010
129 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
Captain Snazzypants wrote: It will never be $99, ever...

Even as refurb in the Apple store, I don't think it will go lower than $299 while it remains within the product sales cycle. Which makes you kinda wonder where the unsold new/refurb units go. The answer is.....there are few if any unsold units.

Just go to refurb.me or follow the threads on here about Macs and Mac Minis that become available on the Apple store, refurb section. The cheapest Mac Minis are gone within 20 minutes each and every time...that tells me that they have no excess stock at the end of the day. Possibly ever. Which is kinda amazing if you think about it...

should be $149
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12575 upvotes
Markham
fylee wrote: if you know iPad 3 may release in next 6 months, I dun think you will spend $299 for 1st Gen iPad... if it is $99 or less, I will buy, but not $299

I don't think you should compare 299 vs 519
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2003
1003 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote: only if it ran an android browser);

otherwise very good device
Banned
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
467 upvotes
Captain Snazzypants wrote: Gee, thanks for sharing. I guess I've been a bit foolish using my own 32GB iPad (OMG first-gen!!) on a daily basis since getting it for all my news, youtube, app needs and business meeting recording/note-taking needs, learning apps for the kids, etc. How could I have mistaken such a useful, stable, intuitive device for the useless kiddie-toy that it obviously is?
But hopefully you bought it awhile ago, prior to the iPad 2 release (and upcoming iPad 3), and have been using it since then.

But we are now in November of 2011, and spending $300 on an old iPad *right now* is not the deal it would have been when you bought yours. Personally, I would put that same $300 into a $519 iPad 2 (it is a big improvement), or even better, bank it for an iPad 3/iPad 2 discount sale in 2012.
-
Waiting for something good
Jul 2, 2007
12 posts
3 upvotes
apple has successfully brainwashed all these idiots into thinking tech items become obsolete in an year. do you guys really see no purpose in saving over 200 just because it is a little bit thicker and slower? some of you guys need to get off your high horse and stop turning your nose up when "apple will release the new ipad 3 in 6 months..." if you put it that way most new tech items when you buys yours, the new one will be out in max 1 year. serious logic FAIL.
Nov 29, 2006
162 posts
3 upvotes
Very, very happy to pick this up this morn. Thanks to the OP. For all the naysayers, I'm much happier spending 250 less than i would for a couple of cameras (that I would never use), a thinner profile (which I heard was sharper to the touch) and a better processor (which may not make much difference for me). Gotta know what makes you happy...and that doesnt always mean whats newest. :)
Mar 9, 2010
936 posts
96 upvotes
Elusive wrote: otherwise very good device

no hardfeeling but the quality if ipad/ipad2 is better then android as i am a user of 3 android phone been with them since 1.6 donut also have honeycomb.

But ipad 2 still have my name stick on it, android is so so. Even tablet quality i found ipad 2 still way beyond the current one, i had an iconia a500 and a transformer before then a Xoom (yes i feel sorry for bestbuy), nothing feel better then ipad2.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
Good to hear that you are happy. This is most important thing. For those who want Ipad 2, you can get much cheaper at staple though.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.