• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2014 8:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
237 upvotes
SCEvan wrote: I believe it was trade in PS3 version get PS4 version 1/2 price. Didn't do this myself since I never owned the game.

EDIT: here it is! http://forums.redflagdeals.com/eb-games ... a-1519367/
joeyjoejoe wrote: Seems like if you trade in your copy now (which has a trade in value of $15) and got a preorder a month ago at $50... it's a comparable "half off the retail" deal... with a little more taxes.

For me if MSRP was $50 for GTA V (like Last of Us), then this would be great, but we all know it'll be $70. So $35 is still too much for me who played the PS3 version to death. If it was $25, then I'd consider it.

I would do it for $10-15 for a digital upgrade if you own the disc from last gen. It worked out well for CoD: Ghosts and BF4 back when they had this promo.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Sleeping Dogs is also getting an upgraded Definitive Version on PC, PS4 and XB1, although Square Enix has not released any
HD screenshots or video of its gameplay yet.

The release date for it is October 14th.

[QUOTE] From the community manager on Square Enix forums:

- increased the overall resolution of the game so it's now natively running in 1080p. The textures have also had their resolutions increased as draw distances have been increased as well, making things sharper! Add to this volumetric fog to represent the humidity of Hong Kong and hopefully you'll have the background of your dreams ;)

- Certain aspects have been tweaked but we've tried to maintain the integrity of the original game so you won't see massive changes. The difficulty of certain bits was changed and adjusted a few bits in combat (such as the counter window time). The camera, vehicles and physics have also seen their fair share of love as well and so have the DLCs.[/QUOTE]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
All these remakes.... Might as well sell the ps4 and buy a ps3 and every original release. Still come out ahead in the end...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: Sleeping Dogs is also getting an upgraded Definitive Version on PC, PS4 and XB1, although Square Enix has not released any
HD screenshots or video of its gameplay yet.

The release date for it is October 14th.
A Sleeping Dogs remake for PC seems pretty unnecessary since it was already 1080/60 and had a FREE downloadable HD Texture Pack. That game was part of the reason I just couldn't get into GTA V on my PS3
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
GTA V on PS4, XB1, PC is rumored to be adding an optional 1st person camera perspective for driving and walking around.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition comparison PS4 vs 360 (PS4 and XB1 versions are confirmed to be 1080p native but 30 frames per second only).

I liked the melee combat system in Sleeping Dogs a lot more than the one in the Batman Arkham series games.
This remaster does not look as significant as the other ones done so far.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: All these remakes.... Might as well sell the ps4 and buy a ps3 and every original release. Still come out ahead in the end...
Just buy a PC
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
george__ wrote: Just buy a PC
I have a more than adequate pc that would out perform the ps4/X1.

If drive club doesn't live up to its hype I'll sell the ps4, same for mgs and the finished version of PT. destiny I'm bored of already and couldn't be bothered with it now.
Mar 25, 2003
808 posts
3 upvotes
I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but does anyone know if we'll be able to get the $1,000,000 pre-order bonus for the download version on Xbox One? I've been going completely digital this generation and I'd like to ensure that I'm going to get the pre-order bonus as well.
Aug 20, 2009
9825 posts
5934 upvotes
It's not really a big deal unless you're going digital only and they probably figure people can pony up for a larger hard drive at that point. 50GB games probably just means lots of uncompressed audio or textures, doesn't seem unreasonable in the case of GTA V.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1074 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
bisk wrote: I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but does anyone know if we'll be able to get the $1,000,000 pre-order bonus for the download version on Xbox One? I've been going completely digital this generation and I'd like to ensure that I'm going to get the pre-order bonus as well.
Not 100% sure but the article does say the bonus is available to anyone who pre-orders and does not specify that it is limited to physical discs.
All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a ... ve-content
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2240 posts
506 upvotes
Summerland
Redmask wrote: It's not really a big deal unless you're going digital only and they probably figure people can pony up for a larger hard drive at that point. 50GB games probably just means lots of uncompressed audio or textures, doesn't seem unreasonable in the case of GTA V.
Umm, it's a very big deal. There are probably retail games that still install to the hard drive as well.
Aug 20, 2009
9825 posts
5934 upvotes
Why is it a big deal exactly? I've got 8 games installed from discs and 10-15 things from the store and I'm still at over 50% space. I do a fair amount of video sharing too.

All retail games install to the hard drive now, that's standard. You still need the disc to play them of course. If people are concerned about space then they can purchase another hard drive or eventually a different SKU with one down the road. They shipped with 500GB hard drives probably based on internal statistics on how many games the average user buys and how much larger hard drives would increase the cost of the system. Games themselves are getting bigger now, people want better visuals and sound fair enough but they come at a cost. I would say the average size has at least doubled.

I'm sure we'll see 2TB SKUs down the road just like the 360 and PS3 shipped with piddly space at the time and it increased as users needs did.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
277 upvotes
TORONTO
[QUOTE]Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come.[/QUOTE]

That's huge for me and makes this a buy.
Nintendo sucks. Steam sucks. I don't buy games. I buy licenses. #PCMasterRace
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12037 posts
5142 upvotes
I remember the Xbox360 did a very good job at "decompressing" on the fly, and so very few games needed mandatory install on the 360. The PS3 on the other hand, used to have a crap load of huge mandatory installs. I guess this generation, both systems do.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Pretty much all current gen games have at least 20-50 GB mandatory installations, except for the smaller scale indie-games.

Even the newest PC games have installs with those file sizes nowadays.

On the plus side, PS4 games install very quickly, except for NBA 2K15, NBA 2K14 (~50 minute installation).
But to compensate, NBA 2K allows you to play an exhibition game between the Spurs vs the Heat while the game installs, with
random songs running in the background.

Most other games on PS4 install and are playable within 3-10 minutes after inserting the disc.
CFRTim wrote: I remember the Xbox360 did a very good job at "decompressing" on the fly, and so very few games needed mandatory install on the 360. The PS3 on the other hand, used to have a crap load of huge mandatory installs. I guess this generation, both systems do.