• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 10:24 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 11, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote

Guy claiming I hit his car

I went to a restaurant to go to the bathroom, I go back in my car and proceed to leave. I was waiting at the light and then all of a sudden some guy starts banging on the window on the passenger side of my car. He starts screaming “you hit my car, you hit my car” in the parking lot of the restaurant all while he’s kicking my door and banging on the window and being aggressive.So i open my window a little bit and I could smell the beer from his breath, he starts swearing like crazy, spitting on my carand saying I hit his car and I said “I did not hit any car because if I did I would have heard it then I would have stopped my car to check for damages”. But he kept insisting I hit his car but I never did. He never told me to pull over or to exchange information so when the light turned green I left. He was still trying to kick my car and window as I was leaving. So now my question is what will happen now? I live in Canada so I don’t know how this works. There are no cameras in the area (I checked), so should I do anything? I need advice, should I file a report? Should I wait it out? What happens if the guy got my liscene plate and makes up a bs story? And to make matters worse some guy just hit the back of my car today at a different light(we exchanged information, guy was nice about it ).
Last edited by mitchwav on Feb 12th, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Oct 2, 2013
897 posts
620 upvotes
Montreal
First of all, do you have any damage on your car? Did you look if you could had actually hit him?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1057 posts
682 upvotes
Toronto
Something smells fishy in this thread :)
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
12027 posts
1092 upvotes
xjesterxx wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:21 am
Something smells fishy in this thread :)
..does it ever?
[OP]
Feb 11, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
No damage on my car except for the old ones from somebody hitting my car in a parking lot(filed a report a year ago)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5242 posts
552 upvotes
Calgary
So he kicked your car and you just leave? Hmmm.....
[OP]
Feb 11, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Guy was acting aggressive and he sounded drunk so I just left when the light turned green. He never asked me to pull over, he just called me a bunch of names
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1304 posts
726 upvotes
Ottawa
You should've called the police to take this drunkard to jail before he messes with other people or hurts himself.
"Those who return to Canada after leaving to fight for ISIS can be an extraordinarily powerful voice for preventing radicalization in the future." - Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16713 posts
1928 upvotes
Langley
In BC, at worst, in a situation like this, you could be complelled to come to a collision center with your car. ICBC then lines up both cars to see if the damage on one matches the damage on the other.

But with no damage to your car, you have nothing to worry about.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
14643 posts
4973 upvotes
If he has your plate number he would go to the police and file it as a hit and run, with the statement that your vehicle caused the damage. The police would then contact you to report your side of the story and potentially inspect your car for the damage that corresponds. The police would conclude their investigation as to whether your car was involved.
Jun 13, 2009
867 posts
92 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:31 pm
If he has your plate number he would go to the police and file it as a hit and run, with the statement that your vehicle caused the damage. The police would then contact you to report your side of the story and potentially inspect your car for the damage that corresponds. The police would conclude their investigation as to whether your car was involved.
Let’s say OP would have gone back to the scene if the other driver approached him peacefully. But since the other guy was being violent, OP drove off for safety reasons. Could OP file a police report about the incident so that it would show he acknowledged the situation instead of appearing as a hit and run? Or does it not make a difference?

Hope my question makes sense, just curious...
Dec 20, 2015
731 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did he say, "You hit my car, now my car needs operation!" If so, then yes, he is drunk.