Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2007
4277 posts
71 upvotes
Winnipeg

Gym Apparel

I'm a male. I'm looking to buy some new gym clothes. I'm looking to buy some stuff that isn't from your typical big box stores like sport chek, etc. What do you guys wear while at the gym? Post pics if you can please :)
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
My Flickr
38 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21820 posts
6826 upvotes
Toronto
Whatever is comfy and on sale. I’m working out, not modeling
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1840 posts
450 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Most of my fitness apparel are Lululemon but recently I've added a few Reebok and Gapfit into the mix.
If you like what I do please show some love through Paypal. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1893 posts
584 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I wear any t-shirts and pants.

Retailers include Wal-Mart, Costco, and some brand name stuff from Tommy and sporstcheck.

Like someone said who cares what you wear...
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto

Lululemon is by far most comfy. Quality dipped when orders went to China. But overall it's. Its amazing for workours. Shirts abd pants lasts for years with minimal colour loss. Bang for buck.
Dec 25, 2017
24 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
Lululemon or Under Armour, if you're more on a budget then look at Uniqlo or Old Navy
That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1181 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
I used to wear my high school gym shorts until I lost them!

Real gym clothes look even better with sweat!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9127 posts
1812 upvotes
In the summer typically medium length shorts (Champion, Lulu or Adidas) and a sweat absorbing shirt like dri-fit

In the winter either 3/4 leggings with shorts on top ( Lulu, Nike, UA) with a shirt and a sweat top hoodie if it's really cool. Also like the 3/4 zips with long sleeves from Lulu and UA.

No the gym is not a fashion show - I agree and I keep it all pretty low key. That said I do care how I look and I do look for very functional clothing also. Everything on deep discount like a good Redflager! I consider general fitness really important and I really make an effort on all levels to be there regularly and stay healthy.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5200 posts
510 upvotes
Things don't have to be a fashion show for someone to care about what they wear lol. We have threads about people wanting designer jogging pants or winter coats...nobody goes in there and says that our day to day lives aren't fashion shows ;) Clearly many people care about workout clothing or Nike, Adidas, Lululemon, UA, etc. wouldn't be bajillionaires.

I do care what I wear to the gym because I want the fabrics to wick, not stink after one wear, last a long time, and not get in my way while I work out. I won't comment I what I wear exactly because I'm not male but I generally look for stuff that meets the aforementioned criteria; bonus points if an item costs $20 or less (not opposed to snagging cheap stuff at VV).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9127 posts
1812 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:40 pm
I do care what I wear to the gym because I want the fabrics to wick, not stink after one wear,
Ya - very important.

Interesting note - I was at the gym last night with a new UA shirt. Picked it up this morning and it smelled clean even with sweat all over it. Amazing.,
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1181 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
Just look at what people at the gym wear. All my gym clothes were under $20 for sure and all lasted a long time.

Gym clothes are easy to buy. Once they've been wore for a while, I now wear them outdoor where the dirt is much harder to wash off.

Buy dark colour if your sweat is salty because your sweat will be colourful.

Buying gym clothes is not rocket science.

I also wear clothes I dislike at the gym because I am there to workout so I will sweat. Sometimes the clothes I dislike may be fashionable to others. How did I get brand new clothes I dislike in the first place? Gifts or hand me downs or some other people discarded clothing. The world is strange, the clothes I dislike may actually be the next IT thing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5305 posts
756 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 2:47 pm
I'm looking to buy some stuff that isn't from your typical big box stores like sport chek, etc.
I wear "Underground Gym Apparel" when I'm grinding out my routines in The Dungeon.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15941 posts
2179 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 4:15 pm
Whatever is comfy and on sale. I’m working out, not modeling
Yep. I wore old cargo shorts and a pair of Randy River shorts I bought in high school until the zipper broke last year and the cargo shorts tore. The Randy River shorts lasted nearly 20 years. Now I wear a bunch of Under Armor stuff I got on sale last year. They're not the most attractive things, but I don't care since I only have them to be sweated on and crumpled up in my gym bag.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8857 posts
858 upvotes
Depending on your workout. For cardio I do like breathable and light weight clothes. Dry fit stuff. Used to wear cotton and no more.