Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
H20 Wireless

US only (AT&T MVNO) 1 month of unlimited tak/text 6gb data $5 !

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 5:14 pm
Feb 11, 2013
359 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
I am planning a 3 day trip to US. Can I get this instead of Roam Mobility and cancel?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Thank you daverobev, I managed to order one and have it shipped to Florida. Their first email kinda freaked me out. I clicked on the tracking number and the record said "Your item was delivered at Apr 2 in CHARLOTTE,NC 28205." It was obviously not the case. I waited for another hour, a second email came in stating a label was created and the item would be shipped to Florida. Phew. Now, I just need to find out how to activate the card and how to cancel it when I am ready to come home.
Jan 19, 2006
581 posts
463 upvotes
BC
althetrainer wrote: Thank you daverobev, I managed to order one and have it shipped to Florida. Their first email kinda freaked me out. I clicked on the tracking number and the record said "Your item was delivered at Apr 2 in CHARLOTTE,NC 28205." It was obviously not the case. I waited for another hour, a second email came in stating a label was created and the item would be shipped to Florida. Phew. Now, I just need to find out how to activate the card and how to cancel it when I am ready to come home.
https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... e=activate Choose activate. It will want your SIM card numbers, and if you wish to get a new mobile number or port one in.
Sep 23, 2005
556 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary
Jeff146 wrote: Is it unlimited roaming? Can we use this plan in Canada indefinitely?
I bought 4 of these last October for a holiday down in the US. They DON'T roam outside of USA even though its on the AT&T network
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Nigel wrote: I bought 4 of these last October for a holiday down in the US. They DON'T roam outside of USA even though its on the AT&T network
How do you cancel? Do you have to call in or remove your credit card from your account to stop future payments?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3868 upvotes
Had to try like 5 different credit cards but finally got one to work with the digits + 00 trick. This will be good for my Florida trip in a week!
Sep 23, 2005
556 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary
althetrainer wrote: How do you cancel? Do you have to call in or remove your credit card from your account to stop future payments?
I bought the SIMs off of eBay and they were pre authorized for 1 month from the seller so I never even had to give them a cc#
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Nigel wrote: I bought the SIMs off of eBay and they were pre authorized for 1 month from the seller so I never even had to give them a cc#
Ah I bought it on their website. Had to set up account and give them my CC. I would have gone through eBay if not because I need it next week. Thanks anyway.
Jan 19, 2006
581 posts
463 upvotes
BC
althetrainer wrote: How do you cancel? Do you have to call in or remove your credit card from your account to stop future payments?
See: Slick Deals They may be paraphrasing, but it is a "no-contract" plan, and you would need to initiate auto-pay to continue the service beyond the free 30 day period.

"Once your free 30-days is up, you will not be charged anything unless you prepay at the regular $20/mo. / $30/mo. rate to continue service."

"You will not be automatically billed at the end of your 30-days unless you manually enable 'Auto Recharge' in your account settings (15% discount available for opting in to Auto Recharge, learn more)"
Last edited by cloudsuck on Feb 16th, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
cloudsuck wrote: See: Slick Deals They may be paraphrasing...

"Once your free 30-days is up, you will not be charged anything unless you prepay at the regular $20/mo. / $30/mo. rate to continue service."

"You will not be automatically billed at the end of your 30-days unless you manually enable 'Auto Recharge' in your account settings (15% discount available for opting in to Auto Recharge, learn more)"
Thank you! In that case, i just need to activate the card when I receive it then nothing else to worry about.
Jan 19, 2006
581 posts
463 upvotes
BC
althetrainer wrote: Thank you! In that case, i just need to activate the card when I receive it then nothing else to worry about.
Great deal! Thanks OP!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1617 posts
966 upvotes
Edmonton
althetrainer wrote: Thank you! In that case, i just need to activate the card when I receive it then nothing else to worry about.
Do you need a US IP address to activate or can I activate online when I'm in Canada?
Jan 19, 2006
581 posts
463 upvotes
BC
Currently in the USA using this SIM.

You must use WiFi to download then install the APN to have cell data go live.

FacetTime over cell data, and hotspot/tethering not available. Pretty disappointing as both of these were capabilities I had hoped it would have and were not addressed anywhere on the H2OWirelessNow website.

Otherwise a decent deal at $5 for more data than I can use in my one week trip limited to a cell phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1904 posts
1508 upvotes
I will be in the US from Sept to Dec. Could I get my hands on 4 SIM cards and only use them then?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
cloudsuck wrote: Currently in the USA using this SIM.
FaceTime over cell data, and hotspot/tethering not available. Pretty disappointing as both of these were capabilities I had hoped it would have and were not addressed anywhere on the H2OWirelessNow website.
Otherwise a decent deal at $5 for more data than I can use in my one week trip limited to a cell phone.
Thanks for the information.
Could some of these restrictions be unique to IOS devices?
Maybe someone with an Android phone and this SIM card could test whether Hangouts video chat works, and whether tethering works in the USA (either through native Android or via any apps that claim they can bypass carrier restrictions on tethering).
Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I got 3x SIMs and shipped it here to pickup using www.crossborderpickups.ca

Paid $5USD for the shipping and $8 for pickup.
cloudsuck wrote: Currently in the USA using this SIM.

FacetTime over cell data, and hotspot/tethering not available. Pretty disappointing as both of these were capabilities I had hoped it would have and were not addressed anywhere on the H2OWirelessNow website.

So everyone has to activate cell data the way you did or it won't work? That's kinda sucky, could we do it in say airport wifi or does it need to be in USA wifi? I have android by the way
Dec 1, 2008
471 posts
192 upvotes
Windsor
Balzard wrote: I will be in the US from Sept to Dec. Could I get my hands on 4 SIM cards and only use them then?
No - the terms say that the SIM must be activated before March 31st.

I just ordered the SIM and plan to try it out next week. I almost ordered SIMs from a different MVNO but this is a much better deal for a trip less than 30 days long. I ordered 6 SIMs as you are allowed up to 3 SIMs with the 6GB plan and 3 SIMs with the 1GB plan for a one-time shipping fee. My trip is next week and I decided to pay $15 for the expedited shipping to make sure I get it in time. I really only needed one SIM with 250 - 500MB of data, but now all 5 of us will have plenty of data.

And re: tethering - I have done a lot of research and it looks like it is not possible unless via an android app. But I haven't found any free tethering apps.

If you are going for a trip soon, one idea is to mail it to your hotel.
Jan 19, 2006
581 posts
463 upvotes
BC
Here is where you can download then install the required APN for iPhone so data will go live.

H2O APN: http://boltconfig.com

You need to delete this H2O APN profile to return to using your Canadian SIM data.

Settings, General, Profile: delete H2O profile? Delete.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1308 posts
1287 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need the SIM in your phone to activate the service?

Or can you activate your account with just a picture of the SIM before March 31st, and then use the SIM in the month of April when you go down to the states and pick up the physical SIM?

Just ordered: I'll figure it out when I get a picture of the SIM sent to me. I won't do it before March 31st, so won't be of too much help to others.
Jan 19, 2006
581 posts
463 upvotes
BC
souledge wrote: Do you need the SIM in your phone to activate the service?

Or can you activate your account with just a picture of the SIM before March 31st, and then use the SIM in the month of April when you go down to the states and pick up the physical SIM?

Just ordered: I'll figure it out when I get a picture of the SIM sent to me. I won't do it before March 31st, so won't be of too much help to others.
I'm concluding that you would need the SIM in your phone to activate. You could always call them and confirm: 800-643-4926.

Perhaps whoever is taking the photo of your SIM could also install it in a phone and activate it for you?

While on WiFi, I activated with the SIM installed. It took about ten minutes for the mobile number to go live. I then received a SMS providing the mobile number assigned to my choice of area code locality and another SMS with the link to download the APN. IIRC I had to use WiFi to download the APN, install it, restart the phone before data worked.

I found that I had to restart the phone occasionally to get data working again.

Good luck!