Hackerank tests

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2018 10:08 am
Tags:
Jul 31, 2009
124 posts
14 upvotes

Hackerank tests

Anyone else did hackerank tests for interviews ? I did one for CSE last week. They aren't super hard, it was pretty fun. But damn, putting pressure to have them pass all the test cases in an hour, that's a challenge. One silly bug can eat up all your time.
I could have gotten all the prog ques working, but they were failing a few test cases. After the test was over I went through the code, and spent like another half hour and found it. there was just like two lines that needed to be fixed that failed all my test cases, for the last question. The last question is the one that carries the most marks.
I wonder how they are evaluated? is it just purely based on test cases passed, or is there someone assesing the code?
2 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10493 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
It depends on the employer. Some companies will still give applicants a chance to move to the next stage of interviews even if their Hackerank submission didn't pass all the tests after a manual review.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5241 posts
3520 upvotes
Depends what they prioritize. My teams value logic, efficiency, and thought process. One mistake here and there is okay, but ugly code or typos is a dead no.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)