Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Hairy Tarantula

Hairy Tarantula Downtown Toronto Closing sale

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2017 3:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Nope, no minis.

Only North sells statues. I think only Meeplemart sells minis.
Jan 15, 2015
38 posts
1 upvote
Markham, ON
I'm not looking for mainstream games like TTR, Catan, Dominion, Carcassonne

are there still any decent board games left at the sale?

I was thinking of visiting but would be taking the ttc (from Markham), so I only want to go if its worth it
Jun 1, 2009
957 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote: what happened?
A few years ago I was buying some miniatures. I called the store and they confirmed they had one in stock and quoted me a price. I get there 20 min later, and the guy confirmed that I was the one he talked to but he raised the price by $10 in the 20 min since we talked. He basically told me he wouldn't honour the price he quoted me because he knows it was an in demand item. It was the owner (bald, crazy hair, beard)

My friend also bought some Magic cards and the same owner wouldn't honour the quoted price in their binders because they had "gone up overnight".

I've never understood these business practices. You have bigger stores like 401 games and boardgamebliss selling cheaper with better customer service. As I skim through the thread, it seems like many others have had similar experiences. I'm glad this store is closing. Good riddance.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
TheQuestion wrote: I've never understood these business practices.
I had a pull list at a certain store and I go to pick up my books one week (it was a hot week for comics) so the owner had removed all the valuable books and told me that if I wanted them, they were $10-$50 a copy, but because I pre-ordered them he would lower it by half. he stole my orders and then had the gall to to try to upsell them back to me? :facepalm:

I had some choice words for that fat bald loser and never darkened his door again - not surprising he went out of business a few years later.

if you only think of the short-term by screwing customers, that's also the amount of time you'll be in business.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
cardflopper wrote: I'm not looking for mainstream games like TTR, Catan, Dominion, Carcassonne

are there still any decent board games left at the sale?

I was thinking of visiting but would be taking the ttc (from Markham), so I only want to go if its worth it
You'll find non mainstream at 50% but they are obscure titles.

He has new/popular stuff on sale too, but it's 20% off..It's worthwhile if you need something now, that you can't hold off until Black Friday for.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
Any games that were previously 50% off are now buy one get two free instead of 50% off. New and popular releases are still only 20% off.

For the buy one get two free, you pay the highest price of the three games. This should be super obvious, but I know someone will ask.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)