Food & Drink

Halal Chicken Cheaper than Regular Chicken.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 3:05 pm
Jan 2, 2018
16 posts
7 upvotes
GTA
superfresh89 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:08 pm
Half the non-halal meat is actually halal anyways... easier for chicken farmers to just have them all killed the same way.

The halal was probably on sale in the flyer... or they just over-stocked on the halal chicken.
This is true. It is easier to slaughter all as halal and label the ones sold as halal. I work at a packer.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1361 upvotes
Toronto
I buy whatever is cheaper - usually its halal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5135 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Check the EST#s on the halal vs non halal. The way I understand it, they use many different vendors to fill their poultry orders. They might have just 1-2 vendors that pack certified halal for RCSS. Whatever costs they negotiated between poultry vendors might be different for whatever reasons so the retail price reflects that.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3421 posts
552 upvotes
Halal is pure idiocy, killing an animal is killing it. I usually don’t buy the halal one cause packaging looks bad for some reason.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1228 posts
135 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
blaznazn22 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:47 pm
They call it hallal, but really all they do is play a song over a speaker while the animals are slaughtered. That's what I heard anyway.
Hmm, I wonder what songs they play over the speaker while getting slaughtered?
Hi
Jan 29, 2017
877 posts
733 upvotes
I was told by someone working the meat section at RCSS that halal has lower grade meat hence why the price is cheaper.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1441 posts
387 upvotes
Winnipeg
poleman wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:20 pm
I dont care whether its Halal or not, i really just care about the price.
No, the Halal was not on sale, in fact I don't ever recall seeing it listed in the flyer.
there could be many (unknown) business-related reasons which have nothing to do with religious practices. we wont know unless someone from the industry throws some light.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2835 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
Fraser River Rat wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:04 pm
Hi,

I'm not a muslim but I have also bought halal chicken when it was cheaper than regular chicken. I have been harassed by muslims that were totally against me buying meat that was meant for them. Didn't believe me when I told him that the only thing "halal" about the chicken were the words on the packaging, I was in a Real Canadian Superstore after all.

wtf really?? thats crazy. never heard of that. what did they say? could it be they were just curious why u buying it? or it was actually hostile harrassment? there is definitely no shortage of supply so why would anyone care who is buying what. I have an Asian colleague who always buys halal because meat with drained blood is good for some reason.