• Sep 8th, 2017 7:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3335 posts
713 upvotes
Mississauga

The Halal Guys coming to Toronto!

They are HUGE in NYC. Their specialty is a rice dish served with chicken AND lamb (that's right!!) with white sauce and smoking hot red sauce. When I mean smoking hot I mean smoking hot.

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2015/07 ... o_toronto/
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
153 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10165 posts
589 upvotes
extra white sauce plz. Love their food cart! Get it every time in NYC. Recently saw they opened a store in the LES but didn't try it out.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3335 posts
713 upvotes
Mississauga
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 14th, 2015 3:17 pm
Locations?
5 locations apparently but dates and where exactly not confirmed yet.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Dec 14, 2010
408 posts
93 upvotes
Best thing ever! My friend and I had a stopover in NYC and we went out specifically for this.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10165 posts
589 upvotes
Don't get too excited though, its one thing to eat this deliciousness sitting on the side of a water fountain at night in manhattan, and another when going into a fast food restaurant and sitting down in scarborough. Keep your expectations low for that first plate!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1142 posts
312 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Agreed, part of what makes it good is the scarcity of it - it's something most of us need to travel for. With 5 locations in the GTA, it will be 'meh' pretty soon.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2086 posts
327 upvotes
i think they're pretty overrated.

perhaps because of the perceived of how much food you get at a decent price, people are big on it.

i had it, it was a decent amount of food for $6/7, not sure if the wait was worth it. tasted the same as every other food cart in NYC selling the same thing.
Sep 30, 2013
61 posts
c_snapper wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 11:52 am
i think they're pretty overrated.

perhaps because of the perceived of how much food you get at a decent price, people are big on it.

i had it, it was a decent amount of food for $6/7, not sure if the wait was worth it. tasted the same as every other food cart in NYC selling the same thing.
No its because its Halal and doesn't have a ton of pork on it. Its meant mainly for those who keep Halal and those who are open to new dishes. Not meant for those who are just interested in putting pork in everything
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1921 posts
99 upvotes
^^ Someone's sensitive :razz:
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3475 posts
401 upvotes
Love the white sauce and adding a bit of the hot sauce. I now have no more reasons to go to NYC :)
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
nx6288 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 1:36 pm
Love the white sauce and adding a bit of the hot sauce. I now have no more reasons to go to NYC :)
You were doing NYC wrong then.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)