• Jul 14th, 2017 10:07 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3380 posts
355 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 3:56 pm
You were doing NYC wrong then.
LOL right and that's for you to tell me what I should like or not.
Nov 25, 2013
649 posts
236 upvotes
TheMughal wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 1:29 pm
Not meant for those who are just interested in putting pork in everything
Whats wrong with pork bro? Its nutritious and considered to be almost white meat. In LTC's across Ontario, pork is served at least 3 times a week to our seniors because of it nutritious value.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6824 posts
1380 upvotes
c_snapper wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 11:52 am
i think they're pretty overrated.

perhaps because of the perceived of how much food you get at a decent price, people are big on it.

i had it, it was a decent amount of food for $6/7, not sure if the wait was worth it. tasted the same as every other food cart in NYC selling the same thing.
we’ll see how much luster this things loses when folks here are forced to pay $10+ for the same thing (with possibly smaller portions)
Maplecountry wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 4:18 pm
Whats wrong with pork bro? Its nutritious and considered to be almost white meat. In LTC's across Ontario, pork is served at least 3 times a week to our seniors because of it nutritious value.
some folks have been brainwashed to believe it's the devil's work.

btw, the white sauce is basically flavoured mayo for those of you who are drowning your meal in this stuff.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Nov 25, 2013
649 posts
236 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 4:25 pm
btw, the white sauce is basically flavoured mayo for those of you who are drowning your meal in this stuff.
So true !
Sep 30, 2013
61 posts
Maplecountry wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 4:18 pm
Then feed it to your seniors and not to the honest people who want to keep Halal.
Incorrect and shows your lack of knowledge of Arabic/Muslim cooking.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
nx6288 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 4:10 pm
LOL right and that's for you to tell me what I should like or not.
Indeed. Expand your horizons
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6824 posts
1380 upvotes
TheMughal wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 7:19 pm
Then feed it to your seniors and not to the honest people who want to keep Halal.
as opposed to the dishonest people who have no desire to keep it halal?
TheMughal wrote:
Incorrect and shows your lack of knowledge of Arabic/Muslim cooking.
someone needs to buy a clue
The packets contain soybean, canola oil, egg yolk, vinegar, water, salt, sugar, natural flavors, black pepper and common condiment additives like disodium EDTA, xanthan gum and sodium benzoate, DNAinfo reports.

The first three white sauce ingredients comprise the basics used to make mayonnaise, while the “natural flavors” are kept under wraps.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/e ... -1.2055778
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
6950 posts
2110 upvotes
ON
TheMughal wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 1:29 pm
No its because its Halal and doesn't have a ton of pork on it. Its meant mainly for those who keep Halal and those who are open to new dishes. Not meant for those who are just interested in putting pork in everything
Pretty much every cart in Manhattan says halal now (was there in Dec). These guys may have been the first, given their name, but they're not alone. It is harder to find a cart that is NOT halal, so not sure what that has to do with it at all.

I second the earlier comment that it's good, but its not something to go out of your way for.
I've had better equivalent dishes at local places in the GTA. Without waiting half an hour in line.
Nov 25, 2013
649 posts
236 upvotes
TheMughal wrote:
Then feed it to your seniors and not to the honest people who want to keep halal
Do you have any idea how may halal friends I have who regularly eat bacon and pork products?? You wouldn't believe.
Nov 25, 2013
649 posts
236 upvotes
Lets stop this conversation right here... I don't want to "offend" anybody.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17657 posts
785 upvotes
Brampton
I try to avoid halol like the plague wherever possible, but, someone humor me - what makes this different from shawarma on rice covered in a splooge of white sauce? doesnt Osmow's already make a killing selling this, and calls it "On The Rocks"
Discord: ZAvMRrc
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9680 posts
824 upvotes
aqnd wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 8:59 pm
Pretty much every cart in Manhattan says halal now (was there in Dec). These guys may have been the first, given their name, but they're not alone. It is harder to find a cart that is NOT halal, so not sure what that has to do with it at all.

I second the earlier comment that it's good, but its not something to go out of your way for.
I've had better equivalent dishes at local places in the GTA. Without waiting half an hour in line.
Well see that's the beautiful part of opening in GTA. People in the GTA LOVE standing in long lines.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3084 posts
546 upvotes
Mississauga
Maplecountry wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 10:10 pm
Do you have any idea how may halal friends I have who regularly eat bacon and pork products?? You wouldn't believe.
LOL I don't believe you for a second. I have NEVER encountered a Muslim that eats pork. Perhaps there are some out there but it would be very very rare. On the other hand it is much more common to find Muslims who eat non-Halal chicken or beef.
duckdown wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 4:16 am
I try to avoid halol like the plague wherever possible, but, someone humor me - what makes this different from shawarma on rice covered in a splooge of white sauce? doesnt Osmow's already make a killing selling this, and calls it "On The Rocks"
Well Osmow's copied the Halal Guys dish. Halal Guys has chicken and lamb in it. I would say it's slightly better than On The Rocks.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1962 posts
263 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
ar2020 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 9:02 am
LOL I don't believe you for a second. I have NEVER encountered a Muslim that eats pork. Perhaps there are some out there but it would be very very rare. On the other hand it is much more common to find Muslims who eat non-Halal chicken or beef.
Hate to tell you but you would be incorrect our office orders in pizza quite frequently as a treat, and we have a good number of Muslim employees (50+ out of about 200'ish in this office alone) and they all eat the pizza, pepperoni and all, and I have never seen a single one refuse to eat the pizza or even pick the pepperoni off. They all pass on eating the veggie pizza that is ordered, we actually just order one now for the handful of vegetarians in the office, and half of that still ends up uneaten. Everyone else always wants the meat supreme or the deluxe. We ordered pizza with chicken before the Pizza Pollo, and no one touched it.

Pepperoni FYI is made from pork. Before anyone says it must be halal pepperoni, we order from Pizza Nova, there is nothing halal from there.