Food & Drink

The Halal Guys coming to Toronto!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2017 7:33 pm
Sep 30, 2013
61 posts
JACKIE26 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 11:20 am
Hate to tell you but you would be incorrect our office orders in pizza quite frequently as a treat, and we have a good number of Muslim employees (50+ out of about 200'ish in this office alone) and they all eat the pizza, pepperoni and all, and I have never seen a single one refuse to eat the pizza or even pick the pepperoni off. They all pass on eating the veggie pizza that is ordered, we actually just order one now for the handful of vegetarians in the office, and half of that still ends up uneaten. Everyone else always wants the meat supreme or the deluxe. We ordered pizza with chicken before the Pizza Pollo, and no one touched it.

Pepperoni FYI is made from pork. Before anyone says it must be halal pepperoni, we order from Pizza Nova, there is nothing halal from there.
How do you know they are Muslims? You watch them pray or is it racial identifiable for you to deem them Muslim?

In anycase whatever they do is none of my business. I keep Halal and I like to find nothing Pork on any of the dishes I eat. If you don't like Halal don't eat there.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1972 posts
270 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
TheMughal wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 2:48 pm
How do you know they are Muslims? You watch them pray or is it racial identifiable for you to deem them Muslim?

In anycase whatever they do is none of my business. I keep Halal and I like to find nothing Pork on any of the dishes I eat. If you don't like Halal don't eat there.
Because I work with them and socialize with them do you have a problem with that? and yes we have a prayer room at our office. Don't get your panties in such a bunch. You have issues and just want to seem to argue with everyone, some advice drop the attitude and chip on your shoulder you will live a happier life.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
Never had it before but I am pretty sure the serving is going to be half of their NYC location and price will be atleast 50% more.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 9:02 am
LOL I don't believe you for a second. I have NEVER encountered a Muslim that eats pork. Perhaps there are some out there but it would be very very rare. On the other hand it is much more common to find Muslims who eat non-Halal chicken or beef.

Well Osmow's copied the Halal Guys dish. Halal Guys has chicken and lamb in it. I would say it's slightly better than On The Rocks.
osmow's is junk..their "meat" dishes seriously lack meat content. Its all rice and salad for $10+. Thats why I dont go to middle eastern resturants. Chinese places give you twice as much meat/chicken for much lesser price and much larger portions and as far as I am concerned, much better taste as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
JACKIE26 wrote:
Hate to tell you but you would be incorrect our office orders in pizza quite frequently as a treat, and we have a good number of Muslim employees (50+ out of about 200'ish in this office alone) and they all eat the pizza, pepperoni and all, and I have never seen a single one refuse to eat the pizza or even pick the pepperoni off. They all pass on eating the veggie pizza that is ordered, we actually just order one now for the handful of vegetarians in the office, and half of that still ends up uneaten. Everyone else always wants the meat supreme or the deluxe. We ordered pizza with chicken before the Pizza Pollo, and no one touched it.

Pepperoni FYI is made from pork. Before anyone says it must be halal pepperoni, we order from Pizza Nova, there is nothing halal from there.
woww..so many muslims in one office?never heard of it...it must be an ethnic place you work at..or may be you "think" they are muslims but they are not...they are just immigrants?
Apr 22, 2006
692 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Forgot to mention, my new colleague is an eastern European woman and I'm not making up a single word in what I'm about to say. She's a muslim, but eats whatever she wants and wears what ever she likes. Brings a ham sandwich almost everyday for a snack. We had this lengthy conversation on her second day (one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen) where she mentioned to me that muslims from her country can eat what ever they want and wear whatever they like. She also mentioned that she doesn't go to the place of worship,yet she does her own prayers at home. She used to attend english classes in Toronto when she came here and guys in the class used to tell her point blank that she's not supposed to be out and should be taking care of her kids at home. She asked all of them to go **ew themselves and lives happily with her family here. Point is, it's nice to know there are human beings who don't give a damn about halal and kosher and all but try to live a decent, modest life.
Sep 30, 2013
61 posts
torontoguy777 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 9:56 pm
Forgot to mention, my new colleague is an eastern European woman and I'm not making up a single word in what I'm about to say. She's a muslim, but eats whatever she wants and wears what ever she likes. Brings a ham sandwich almost everyday for a snack. We had this lengthy conversation on her second day (one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen) where she mentioned to me that muslims from her country can eat what ever they want and wear whatever they like. She also mentioned that she doesn't go to the place of worship,yet she does her own prayers at home. She used to attend english classes in Toronto when she came here and guys in the class used to tell her point blank that she's not supposed to be out and should be taking care of her kids at home. She asked all of them to go **ew themselves and lives happily with her family here. Point is, it's nice to know there are human beings who don't give a damn about halal and kosher and all but try to live a decent, modest life.
Then go associate yourself with people like that and let the people who want to keep Halal and keep the damn pork out of their food alone.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3753 posts
511 upvotes
Regina
what the halal are you talking aboot
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6915 posts
1430 upvotes
Toronto
TheMughal wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 10:27 pm
Then go associate yourself with people like that and let the people who want to keep Halal and keep the damn pork out of their food alone.
excuse me while i interrupt your nonsensical babblings for a moment but haven't you turned in your Arabic/Muslim card yet? if so, shouldn't you be hiding out in a cave somewhere out of fear of receiving your just desserts for being an apostate?
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 4:25 pm
btw, the white sauce is basically flavoured mayo for those of you who are drowning your meal in this stuff.
TheMughal wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 7:19 pm
Incorrect and shows your lack of knowledge of Arabic/Muslim cooking.
The first three white sauce ingredients comprise the basics used to make mayonnaise, while the “natural flavors” are kept under wraps.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2006
2069 posts
77 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote:

Man I envy you. I wish my workplace was like that. At ours the veggie pizza goes the fastest. Tons of pepperoni left over all the time. And we always order 50/50.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" - Benjamin Franklin.
Jun 24, 2015
590 posts
56 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
JACKIE26 wrote:

Same with my work too buddy! they LOVE the Sicilian Pizza's sausage is pork, dontforget dat
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5090 posts
731 upvotes
TheMughal wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 1:29 pm
No its because its Halal and doesn't have a ton of pork on it. Its meant mainly for those who keep Halal and those who are open to new dishes. Not meant for those who are just interested in putting pork in everything

actually it's a tourist trap eaten at mainly by white people

not some meat that has had voodoo done on it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3228 posts
659 upvotes
Mississauga
Interesting, folks. I personally have never met any other Muslim that eats pork. I think we're all disgusted by it actually. Like I would eat chicken, beef, lamb...halal or non-halal even occasionally. I wouldn't go anywhere near pork though.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Jun 24, 2015
590 posts
56 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
ar2020 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 10:40 am
Interesting, folks. I personally have never met any other Muslim that eats pork. I think we're all disgusted by it actually. Like I would eat chicken, beef, lamb...halal or non-halal even occasionally. I wouldn't go anywhere near pork though.
whats wrong with eating pork? you dont like the taste or something? I dont get this? why r so many ppl anti pork

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)