3330 posts
339 upvotes
i'll wait til theres no line going out the door lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5799 posts
757 upvotes
Mississauga
We're there any discounts today? The food photo doesn't look very appetizing.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3330 posts
339 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
May 5th, 2017 6:05 pm
We're there any discounts today? The food photo doesn't look very appetizing.
no discounts but I think there were some prizes/giveaways?

Have you tried their food carts in NY? The pictures definitely don't do it justice but I can't vouch for the Toronto location yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5799 posts
757 upvotes
Mississauga
nx6288 wrote:
May 5th, 2017 6:13 pm
no discounts but I think there were some prizes/giveaways?

Have you tried their food carts in NY? The pictures definitely don't do it justice but I can't vouch for the Toronto location yet.
I tried it last year in NYC and didn't like it. Shawarma in Toronto is so much better than Halal Guys.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4548 posts
347 upvotes
Scarborough
I've said it before, and say it again........

this is overpriced rice + lettuce, with few shreds of meat on it. IF u complain or want more they'll charge you "extra" to put few more shreds of meat on it.

No way i going to ay 12.XX + tax for rice and lettuce......not worth it at all.

But lot of sheeple lining up for overpriced rice and salad.
Jun 7, 2009
48 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
May 5th, 2017 6:26 pm
I tried it last year in NYC and didn't like it. Shawarma in Toronto is so much better than Halal Guys.
Did you know there's a fake cart in the same location as the real cart during the day?

The real cart doesn't show up until about 7 or 7:30 PM.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5799 posts
757 upvotes
Mississauga
souledge wrote:
May 8th, 2017 2:34 am
Did you know there's a fake cart in the same location as the real cart during the day?

The real cart doesn't show up until about 7 or 7:30 PM.
Why and how is the fake cart 'fake'? Are these vendors passing themselves off and calling themselves as 'Halal Guys'? Or are they just selling the same type of food? You're not able to identify the real from the 'fake'?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1296 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
May 8th, 2017 6:57 am
Why and how is the fake cart 'fake'? Are these vendors passing themselves off and calling themselves as 'Halal Guys'? Or are they just selling the same type of food? You're not able to identify the real from the 'fake'?
I've had a lot of Shawarma places in Toronto and I can attest that the legit Halal guys in Manhattan is leagues better than anything we get here.

Also, drove by Halal Guys yesterday around 5pm and the line was from the door to the corner of Yonge & Wellesley, absolutely ridiculous.
I take pictures of stuff ; flickr
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6622 posts
950 upvotes
superock wrote:
May 8th, 2017 9:52 am
Also, drove by Halal Guys yesterday around 5pm and the line was from the door to the corner of Yonge & Wellesley, absolutely ridiculous.
It's just hype, and will die down in a couple of weeks. Just like the Uniqlo store is always pretty empty now.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5799 posts
757 upvotes
Mississauga
superock wrote:
May 8th, 2017 9:52 am
I've had a lot of Shawarma places in Toronto and I can attest that the legit Halal guys in Manhattan is leagues better than anything we get here.

But why is Halal Guys the only shawarma place? Now that they have one location in Toronto, they are now considered the only legit place? Are they the originators of this type of food? Can I say that I attest that Halal Guys is nothing special, and there are many shawarma places here that are much better?

Halal Guys sure know how to market!
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13588 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 9:02 am
LOL I don't believe you for a second. I have NEVER encountered a Muslim that eats pork. Perhaps there are some out there but it would be very very rare. On the other hand it is much more common to find Muslims who eat non-Halal chicken or beef.
This is like saying you've never encountered a muslim who drinks or has premarital sex. They're all over the place, and your personal experiences seem to be the exception rather than the norm. It's fairly likely that the ones you know do it around non-muslims and just don't around you.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1296 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
May 8th, 2017 10:09 am
But why is Halal Guys the only shawarma place? Now that they have one location in Toronto, they are now considered the only legit place? Are they the originators of this type of food? Can I say that I attest that Halal Guys is nothing special, and there are many shawarma places here that are much better?

Halal Guys sure know how to market!
I think you're misreading my statement there. I did not state that Halal guys are the only shawarma place nor are they considered to be the only legit place. Just in my opinion I find that what I had in Manhattan to be leagues better than any of the other offerings in this city
I take pictures of stuff ; flickr
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1388 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Pass... another FAD chain that will die off.
Someone should open a Szechuan Express right next to it. LOL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3003 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
Piro21 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:21 am
This is like saying you've never encountered a muslim who drinks or has premarital sex. They're all over the place, and your personal experiences seem to be the exception rather than the norm. It's fairly likely that the ones you know do it around non-muslims and just don't around you.
Ummm no. I know lots of Muslims who drink or have premarital sex but no Muslim (practicing or non-practicing) wants pork. Well I'm sure there are a few people but it would be VERY rare.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6622 posts
950 upvotes
ar2020 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:47 am
Ummm no. I know lots of Muslims who drink or have premarital sex but no Muslim (practicing or non-practicing) wants pork. Well I'm sure there are a few people but it would be VERY rare.
Are you saying you know what every practicing and non-practicing muslim wants? As a non-practicing one, bacon is amazing.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel