Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Half off Walmart - $10 for $20 gift card (GVA)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2010 9:20 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 15, 2008
5 posts
2 upvotes
Richond

[Walmart] Half off Walmart - $10 for $20 gift card (GVA)

I think this is a new daily deal site launched today featuring a half off Walmart deal.

$10 for $20 gift card, but gift card only valid in Surrey, Langley, White Rock or New West. Sold almost 1000 already

http://bit.ly/hToPsA

Edit: Can mod please edit title to say this is only for GVA?
37 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1958 posts
193 upvotes
Mobile604 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 1:33 pm
I think this is a new daily deal site launched today featuring a half off Walmart deal.

$10 for $20 gift card, but gift card only valid in Surrey, Langley, White Rock or New West. Sold almost 1000 already

http://bit.ly/hToPsA

Edit: Can mod please edit title to say this is only for GVA?

How did they make it only valid in the GVA? All Walmart gift cards can be used nationally as far as I know. Unless they only ship the cards to the GVA?
[OP]
Jul 15, 2008
5 posts
2 upvotes
Richond
^mmmmm that's what it says in the terms and conditions of the deal, but I do see your point. I am not sure how that works. Let me email the guys
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1958 posts
193 upvotes
Mobile604 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 2:04 pm
^mmmmm that's what it says in the terms and conditions of the deal, but I do see your point. I am not sure how that works. Let me email the guys

Thanks, let me know!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1958 posts
193 upvotes
ballabones wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 2:15 pm
anyone else thinkin too good to be true?

I admit that I find it a bit odd that Walmart would participate in a group buy. They absolutely have no reason to and are one of the most close minded retailers out there. For example, they don't take internet coupons, don't give rainchecks, can't purchase online and have a less than adequate price matching system. They are very old fashion in their ways which is why participating in a group buy is quite interesting.

Maybe Walmart didn't sponsor this and the group buy site just had a couple thousand gift cards lying around? Doesn't sound too good either way.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
ballabones wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 2:15 pm
anyone else thinkin too good to be true?

+1
If there's no order limit(and limitations on the card), this is pretty much saying EVERYTHING @ WM will be 50% off! Now, that's what we call a HOT deal here on RFD! ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1958 posts
193 upvotes
DIODIO wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 2:25 pm
+1
If there's no order limit(and limitations on the card), this is pretty much saying EVERYTHING @ WM will be 50% off! Now, that's what we call a HOT deal here on RFD! ;)
There is a limit. It's 1 card per customer.
[OP]
Jul 15, 2008
5 posts
2 upvotes
Richond
Wow, is it the RFD effect? the deal site is down...
Dec 20, 2007
597 posts
46 upvotes
It's likely not affiliated with Wal-Mart but they bought gift cards through a volume discount program. I don't see how they could limit the stores where the purchase could be used except by not mailing outside the GVR.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1958 posts
193 upvotes
ride365 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 2:31 pm
It's likely not affiliated with Wal-Mart but they bought gift cards through a volume discount program. I don't see how they could limit the stores where the purchase could be used except by not mailing outside the GVR.

I don't really know what a volume discount program is, but I doubt Walmart would participate nonetheless.
× < >