• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2019 5:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4041 posts
150 upvotes

Half sheets for 30" oven

For the life of me I can't find a pair of half sheet pans that will fit side by side in a 30" oven, does anyone here have any recommendations? I had some really old ones that fit perfectly but had to get rid of them. So far I've tried nordic ware and oxo, and neither fit well.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7232 posts
2491 upvotes
Markham
nsd wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:27 pm
For the life of me I can't find a pair of half sheet pans that will fit side by side in a 30" oven, does anyone here have any recommendations? I had some really old ones that fit perfectly but had to get rid of them. So far I've tried nordic ware and oxo, and neither fit well.
I have the same problem...mine has a bump out for the fan (convection) which prevents using two half sheets side by side. You could if you want "hammer" it in a bit. I have a full sheet pan which fits though.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 6, 2008
898 posts
214 upvotes
GTA
Home sense.. i found a bunch of random sized pans (perfect for a smaller condo oven)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4041 posts
150 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 2:16 pm
I have the same problem...mine has a bump out for the fan (convection) which prevents using two half sheets side by side. You could if you want "hammer" it in a bit. I have a full sheet pan which fits though.
The bump isn't the problem for me (though some push against it), it's the side by side fit due to width.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7232 posts
2491 upvotes
Markham
nsd wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 5:11 pm
The bump isn't the problem for me (though some push against it), it's the side by side fit due to width.
Oh....you got the opposite problem I got as mine is depth when placed side by side. Not sure about you but I don't like non-stick baking pans/sheet pans. If I want to non-stick a pan, I just use parchment paper.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4041 posts
150 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 8:41 pm
I saved this article because I was curious about that place: it looks like a lot of fun. Have you gone?

https://www.blogto.com/design/tap-phong/
Not who you're asking but I have been. It's neat, they have a lot of Asian stuff (perfect for someone who likes to cook Asian food like myself) but it's not cheap. It's not unreasonably priced, but not cheap. I really miss the days when Dinetz was on King rather than in the middle of nowhere on Caledonia.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5996 posts
427 upvotes
BC
I got some at canadian tire, had the same problem with my old stove. They may not be the best but at least 2 fit side by side.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22623 posts
8364 upvotes
Half sheets imply the "standard" half sheet.
If so, that'll never fit ever since they're always 13x18.

The only way you're going to win is by buying consumer grade pans which are smaller and crappier.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7232 posts
2491 upvotes
Markham
death_hawk wrote:
May 7th, 2019 3:07 pm
Half sheets imply the "standard" half sheet.
If so, that'll never fit ever since they're always 13x18.

The only way you're going to win is by buying consumer grade pans which are smaller and crappier.
Why are these appliance companies so stupid as to make a oven which cannot accomodate two half sheets. My oven has a bump out for the convection fan which prevents two side by side half sheet pans.

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22623 posts
8364 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
May 8th, 2019 12:43 pm
Why are these appliance companies so stupid as to make a oven which cannot accomodate two half sheets. My oven has a bump out for the convection fan which prevents two side by side half sheet pans.
You're telling me... I spent $400 on an AirOven just so I could shove quarter sheets in.
There's standards in the restaurant industry. I wish everyone would adopt them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22623 posts
8364 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
May 8th, 2019 12:43 pm
My oven has a bump out for the convection fan which prevents two side by side half sheet pans.
Wait a minute.... can you fit them side by side?
I have the depth but not the width.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7232 posts
2491 upvotes
Markham
death_hawk wrote:
May 8th, 2019 1:52 pm
Wait a minute.... can you fit them side by side?
I have the depth but not the width.
I have width not the depth! ... Wait are we still talking about ovens? LOL.