None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
2559 posts
1599 upvotes
Ontario's West coast

Hallmark Closing in Owen Sound

Just wondering what is happening to hallmark card shop. The closed just out of the blue it gave like 1 or 2 weeks notice and then it was gone?? Have they all closed or just this one? The mall is going to fall apart with Zellers and now Hallmark. Can I still buy Christmas ornaments online? I have been collecting them for years. thanks
4 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15181 posts
822 upvotes
My local store is having a going out of business sale as well. Oddly enough it's right by a Zellers that just closed and will be converted into a Target.

I believe indie Hallmark card retailers will still carry stuff like holiday orniments since I've seen them there before so I'd look for a store that's vvam authorized Hallmark reseller.
Sign the petition from MP Sonia Sidhu demanding government 'dump the duties and taxes' on cross-border purchases
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/petitio ... s-2013921/
Sep 14, 2008
138 posts
4 upvotes
I haven't shopped at a Hallmark in ages, I find cards are so over priced and a lot of time, people just want the virtual ones ...... We still have a Hallmark in Gerrard Square which is mostly dead. Toronto has changed so much that even I have a hard time finding what I want .........
Nov 11, 2010
1 posts
Horndogg wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2013 4:20 am
Just wondering what is happening to hallmark card shop. The closed just out of the blue it gave like 1 or 2 weeks notice and then it was gone?? Have they all closed or just this one? The mall is going to fall apart with Zellers and now Hallmark. Can I still buy Christmas ornaments online? I have been collecting them for years. thanks
The signs went up the second week of January about the store closing, so it was more like two months notice, not two weeks. It was a corporate store, and only this one and one in Ottawa closed, the rest of the chain is still operating.

You cannot buy Hallmark ornaments online, you have to go to a Gold Crown store to do that. The closest one to Owen Sound would be Barrie.

Hope that helps.
× < >