-Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
-Birthday Cake
-Candy Bar
-mint Chip
-Cookie & Cream
-caramel macchiato
-Pancake & Waffles
-Oatmeal Cookie
You missed peanut butter swirl. It doesnt have any chocolate to make it a cup.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
15915 posts
1299 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
carmaster wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 11:48 am
Ya agree with you. Ice cream is a treat and shouldn't be eaten on a regular basis. Interesting idea though. They must have a hell of a marketing department.
Sorry what? You didn't even address his statement and just randomly said ice cream is a treat apart from the hell of a marketing team and my take is all you have to see the full effect of marketing in use is how apple can continually fleece the public one generation after another for their products. You think a $10,000 iMac is the norm? These clowns create an artificial aura of exclusiveness to their brand and people will swallow it up. It's the same for Gucci and other pretentious brands.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2344 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
booblehead wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 6:39 pm
.. how did this thread turn into a huge debate ?

Just want to know what is a good flavour to try. I have never heard of this brand at all.
Salted caramel and vanilla are tops for me. After trying I went back for few more tubs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5429 posts
1315 upvotes
Montreal
Local Maxi still doesn't have it. Anyone found some in the Montreal South Shore area?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10248 posts
1083 upvotes
Madevilz wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 7:44 am
Local Maxi still doesn't have it. Anyone found some in the Montreal South Shore area?
All the major supermarkets have them... whether they have stock is another story.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17924 posts
6027 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
people are going batshit crazy over this ice cream

my woman got some from our local metro.

I tried a spoonful. not bad I guess but I wasn't blown away
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14967 posts
2985 upvotes
Toronto
It's not ice cream it's frozen dairy dessert.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5429 posts
1315 upvotes
Montreal
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 10:03 am
people are going batshit crazy over this ice cream

my woman got some from our local metro.

I tried a spoonful. not bad I guess but I wasn't blown away
What did you expect? It contains half the calories of most ice cream. If you want taste, buy Häagen-Dazs or Ben&Jerry.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17924 posts
6027 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Madevilz wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 12:56 pm
What did you expect? It contains half the calories of most ice cream. If you want taste, buy Häagen-Dazs or Ben&Jerry.
it's fine. I'm not really an ice cream man so don't care either way.

It's just funny to see people going mental over this stuff
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
4833 posts
2218 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I was finally able to find it (I looked in several of the stores that are listed on their website as having it - most didn't even have any sign that they would be stocking it, but one had several signs for it but all empty shelves). I finally found some, and bought the oatmeal cookie flavour as well as vanilla. Both were delicious. For a low calorie desert I was impressed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5429 posts
1315 upvotes
Montreal
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 1:00 pm
it's fine. I'm not really an ice cream man so don't care either way.

It's just funny to see people going mental over this stuff
I'm going mental myself, I've been waiting for Halo Top to land in Canada for more than a year now.
I like it not because it's the best tasting thing there is out there, I like it because I don't like to dedicate a large chunk of my daily calories intake on "junk" food.
Halo Top can easily fit in anyone's diet because it is very light in calories compared to real ice cream. This product has a niche, and is not for everybody.
If you are not into fitness/health, then this product might not be for you. No point in buying a more expensive product that doesn't even taste as good.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
4833 posts
2218 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Madevilz wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 1:07 pm
I'm going mental myself, I've been waiting for Halo Top to land in Canada for more than a year now.
I like it not because it's the best tasting thing there is out there, I like it because I don't like to dedicate a large chunk of my daily calories intake on "junk" food.
Halo Top can easily fit in anyone's diet because it is very light in calories compared to real ice cream. This product has a niche, and is not for everybody.
If you are not into fitness/health, then this product might not be for you. No point in buying a more expensive product that doesn't even taste as good.
It actually does taste pretty darned good.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5429 posts
1315 upvotes
Montreal
Chickinvic wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 2:16 pm
It actually does taste pretty darned good.
Absolutely, I love the taste, but I was speaking for those ice cream "connoisseurs" :D
For the amount of calories it has, Halo Top is pretty hard to beat.
Banned
Dec 22, 2017
16 posts
2 upvotes
Madevilz wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 1:07 pm
But compared to stuff like Chapman's, it's not that much lower in calories and Halo top is way more full of air. Per serving, the halo top I got is 90calories per 125ml vs like 130 calories for Chapman's

Halo top is no Haden Daz and I find Chapman's better tasting and satisfying.
Banned
Dec 22, 2017
16 posts
2 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 1:05 pm
I was finally able to find it (I looked in several of the stores that are listed on their website as having it - most didn't even have any sign that they would be stocking it, but one had several signs for it but all empty shelves). I finally found some, and bought the oatmeal cookie flavour as well as vanilla. Both were delicious. For a low calorie desert I was impressed.
I found halo top way too sweet . I guess not bad for a low calorie frozen dessert but for a little bit more calories, rather just eat Chapman's when I need a fix and splurge on Hagen Daz once in a while

Halo top is way overhyped and I expected more ..like to at least even taste like Chapman's