• Apr 17th, 2018 11:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1804 posts
647 upvotes
hellovn wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 7:22 pm
I am in the same situation. I went to TD to inquire about a new mortgage (just discussing a few options) and saw a hard-pull from Borrowell report. I called TD and they told me it was a mistake from the mortgage broker but they could not withdraw that hard pull.

Let me know if TD can withdraw the hard pull for you.
Sure, will let you know once I figure out what's happening. However, you mentioned that TD says that they cannot reverse/withdraw that hard pull.. so, here is a general question for people who either work(ed) in this industry or who perhaps have personal experience with this:
Can a bank reverse/withdraw a hard pull if it was not authorized? Is it even possible for them to do?
Mar 6, 2010
726 posts
82 upvotes
I got hard pulled by TD twice last year without any explanation. I do have check account, credit card and mortgage with them, I think those products give them the authorization to periodically hard pull my account, that is unfortunate. Not too sure about the periodic account review for credit card only case. Telus actually gave me a hard pull when I switched internet to them, I did check the box for the credit check, but who knows that is a hard pull.