Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2493 posts
167 upvotes

Hardwood cleaning: Swiffer vs Bona??

Which of the two works the best?

I prefer these two product as I can get them easy.

I do have a dyson, so I will vacuum before using the swiffer or bona cleaning system.

Swiffer has an advance as refill can be bought in Costco at huge bundle
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2632 posts
546 upvotes
Toronto
I assume you mean the wet Swiffer system. I did a lot of research on this before deciding and the conclusion was pretty clear - Bona is the way to go. CT carries Bona now (used to get them at Bed, Bath and Beyond), so it's easier to get. Tried the Swiffer too, but found it to be too wet. Bona dries up in no time so there's no risk of moisture damaging the hardwood.

Btw, we vacuum, and then use the Swiffer dry cloths before using Bona. I find the Swiffer dry cloths to be phenomenal in picking up dust I thought for sure the vacuum should have handled.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2493 posts
167 upvotes
Great comment! I will keep both!

I just got the standard swiffer dry kit, will likely bought the bundle refill from Costco as it is cost efficitive! I will keep bona for wet cleaning! I found the bona kit for only $19.95 at lowes
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3807 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
In our first condo we were using swiffer and always had a "film" like residue, almost mad the dark hardwood look cloudy. Since we started using Bona we've never bothered looking for a different cleaner for our floors. It works and now they made the kit to have a battery operated scrubber which really helps with tough marks.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2009
4787 posts
507 upvotes
South of Ottawa
mmhassa2 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 9:52 pm
In our first condo we were using swiffer and always had a "film" like residue, almost mad the dark hardwood look cloudy. Since we started using Bona we've never bothered looking for a different cleaner for our floors. It works and now they made the kit to have a battery operated scrubber which really helps with tough marks.
Had the same issue with the swiffer. I switched to a rubbermaid spray mop. The liquid dispenser is refillable so you can use whatever cleaner you want.
× < >