None
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2060 posts
182 upvotes
Burlington

Harry Dent newsletter

Hi,
Is anyone here getting the HS Dent newsletter (www.hsdent.com).
Wondering if it's worth the $240/year.
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends). PM for details.
7 replies
Oct 5, 2007
189 posts
Quick bio of him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Dent

The titles of his books tell me all I need to know.

He backpedaled on his 40K DJIA prediction because of "geopolitical tensions" that he did not foresee. Yep, sh*t like this always happens to screw up the predictions of these crystal-ball gazers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2060 posts
182 upvotes
Burlington
yes, well thanks, but I know who he is. As for the crystal ball, since you just googled him, maybe there's more to his methods and evaluations than that.

My question was, does anyone get the newsletter.
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends). PM for details.
Aug 29, 2002
558 posts
19 upvotes
I'm a believer in his demographic analysis, but no, I do not subscribe to the newsletter. The Boomers are injecting a lot of money into the market, and will continue to do so for a while yet.

I just think Dent is about 1000 off, and a year behind due to the credit crunch in the USA.

What I've seen in 2008 was not enough to sway me from equities.
Using the demographic method, I know I have a few more years left of equities yet before I start picking up long strip bonds in Euros. About 2012 I'll start the shift into long bonds.
Oct 5, 2007
189 posts
Casper wrote:
Dec 5th, 2007 9:01 pm
yes, well thanks, but I know who he is. As for the crystal ball, since you just googled him, maybe there's more to his methods and evaluations than that.

My question was, does anyone get the newsletter.
That was one of your questions; the other was whether it was worth $240/yr. If you know who he is, you should already know the answer to this.
Sep 1, 2005
404 posts
36 upvotes
This guy is a one trick pony. Came up with an interesting idea, has been totally wrong in the timing. Has he come up with any other ideas? If not, then the question to the OP would be why pay $240/yr for census data which should be freely available from the governmental agencies or freely available on the 'net.
× < >