• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2017 7:59 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2007
661 posts
55 upvotes

Harry Rosen Sale

Looking for advice for people who have shopped at Harry Rosen before..I was looking to go in around
boxing week/early Jan to do a bulk purchase of shirts and 1 suit.

Right now they got 40% off.

http://www.harryrosen.com/

I am guessing it does not get much better then that? From what I can tell this is pretty good on their part.
So I might have to move up my plans and go in to buy now.
11 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11045 posts
1493 upvotes
Toronto
If you feel you must wear something from Harry Rosen, then great.
Otherwise, Nordstrom might have better grand opening deals right now on men's clothing.
(note: I mainly speak of the men's dress shirts...)
[OP]
Dec 25, 2007
661 posts
55 upvotes
Really? I checked some comparable Eton dress shirts and they seem much more expensive at Nordstrom. Where is the Nordstrom grand opening sale/web link?
Jun 15, 2011
38429 posts
5530 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wonder if it applies to Allen Edmonds :)
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Sep 9, 2007
2081 posts
326 upvotes
depends on what kind of shirts you're looking for...

Early fall, they do an annual dress shirt sale of their house brand shirts 2 for $150 in plain white or 2 for $198 for patterned

their 40% sale is pretty much as good as it gets in terms of having some selection so if your budget allows, i'd get on it.

not sure what you're looking for and age/style, but if you don't NEED to buy now, I'd wait for some smaller retailer like Got Style on Boxing Day for good deals on suits.
Nov 27, 2009
79 posts
4 upvotes
c_snapper wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 3:42 pm
depends on what kind of shirts you're looking for...

Early fall, they do an annual dress shirt sale of their house brand shirts 2 for $150 in plain white or 2 for $198 for patterned

their 40% sale is pretty much as good as it gets in terms of having some selection so if your budget allows, i'd get on it.

Sorry I never shopped at Harry Rosen or any high end place but are their shirts made to measure?

not sure what you're looking for and age/style, but if you don't NEED to buy now, I'd wait for some smaller retailer like Got Style on Boxing Day for good deals on suits.
Nov 15, 2011
121 posts
45 upvotes
NORTH YORK
if you're in the GTA, YVR you could go to their outlet?
http://www.theoutletbyharryrosen.com/

i find the mississauga location much better than the vaughan mills.

i also find their deals get better as they approach xmas and their boxing day deals you can get before the 26th. like on the 23 or 24.
Apr 29, 2013
4 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
g5spark wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 12:27 pm
if you're in the GTA, YVR you could go to their outlet?
http://www.theoutletbyharryrosen.com/

i find the mississauga location much better than the vaughan mills.

i also find their deals get better as they approach xmas and their boxing day deals you can get before the 26th. like on the 23 or 24.
DO NOT EVER GO TO THE OUTLET!!!! STAY AWAY!!

Not only their line is crap, (they have different line up compared to the REAL H.R) their quality is just non-existent. Also, any alteration is extra $$$$. However, if you go to H.R when sale is happening, ( which you missed) then you will get great deals. BOXING DAY is the best! you get $150 off of any suit (including the ones on sale) and $100 off on any sport jacket. You need to keep in mind that they also do alterations for FREE!!! Therefore, you actually pay less at Harry Rosen Store.

I strongly advise to stay AWAY from H.R outlet.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1235 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
jkcthesavyor wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 3:35 pm
DO NOT EVER GO TO THE OUTLET!!!! STAY AWAY!!

Not only their line is crap, (they have different line up compared to the REAL H.R) their quality is just non-existent. Also, any alteration is extra $$$$. However, if you go to H.R when sale is happening, ( which you missed) then you will get great deals. BOXING DAY is the best! you get $150 off of any suit (including the ones on sale) and $100 off on any sport jacket. You need to keep in mind that they also do alterations for FREE!!! Therefore, you actually pay less at Harry Rosen Store.

I have gotten some stellar deals at the outlet, some of my best (cheapest) high end clothes come from the outlet. I ended up getting a $450 sweater for $90. I guess it depends on your luck.
I strongly advise to stay AWAY from H.R outlet.
Apr 29, 2013
4 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
SuburbanGangster wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 4:29 pm
I wonder what your 'high-end' clothes are, because the H.R outlet has a separate lineups than the main stores. This is a FACT not a personal judgement. This has been confirmed by the H.R staff from both the retail and the outlet. Therefore basically, if you paid $90 dollars for a sweater, then it's probably worth $90. They may have tagged it $450, but I doubt that the actual cost of it is really $450. Like I said earlier, go to the retail on their Sale periods (May-August and November-January). I guarantee that you will not be sorry and find your money well spent.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3379 posts
4359 upvotes
Ontario
Today's Toronto Star has an HR Outlet store ad promoting a massive spring clearance sale until May 14. Could be a good time to spiff up the wardrobe if a Mother's Day event has you shaking your head at your current wardrobe for smart casual wear.
Surfing 2017. Fall, show me the roll-out of prizes!