• Mar 27th, 2017 5:16 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7426 posts
756 upvotes
Toronto
HN12345 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:19 am
Then when came time for the toppings, he had troubles scooping each item out of the little container. I selected random toppings, like salsa and guacamole on my rice even if they didn't belong. Ended up being a 20 minute process, luckily I was on the phone chatting with my friend and wasn't in a huge rush but I laughed at the process on the way home. It was barely worth $4 imo, projecting this to be a major fail after the sale is over.
Yeah many of the ingredients just don't belong together. I got the buffalo chicken bowl, and who knows if sauce options like asian sesame or greek dressing would be appropriate with the buffalo sauce. A mistake like that could ruin the entire bowl. Is greek dressing like tzatki? Salsa with burger meat.. could be just as disastrous.
Sep 10, 2012
40 posts
7 upvotes
I got one yesterday and I swear to god they didn't cook half of the rice. Maybe 1/8 of the rice was ROCK hard. It felt like I was going to break my teeth.

Good value, bowl was huge and I got almost every topping, but get the salad or frenchfry base.
Nov 6, 2011
490 posts
171 upvotes
Mississauga
Fries, buffalo chicken. Garlic mayo and ketchup before toppings. Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, jalapenos, corn. $4.68. I like it.
Dec 30, 1969
789 posts
336 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Got the angus fry bowl $4.10 all in and it's huge filled up well... now for the taste test
Images
Dec 30, 1969
789 posts
336 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Review : size : 10/10 my angus fry bowl was huge Kant toppings looked like large fry and full piece angus burger plenty huge pieces. You eat this you'll be full for the day these bowls are larger than tereyaki experience.

Value: 8/10 great value not at reg price tho. 50% off sure ; reg price never. Not even at $5. Figure this is is just two week loss leader for Harvey's; will be scrapped in a month. Hey

Taste: 4/10 edible but nothing great; fairly generic . They should've had some premade suggestions. It just doesn't fit well for the palate. Ask for toilet paper on the side.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1545 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
Said212 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 2:07 pm
Very true. The folks in front of me always stare at the toppings like they've never had any before and then spend a solid minute thinking what sauce they want.

For my texmex fix, I usually go with Burrito Boyz or Chipotle (Guac is extra, which is stupid). Any places y'all would recommend in DT Toronto?
DT Toronto you want to go to Burrito Bandidos (they have 2 locations) and get the Mango Chicken. So good.
Apr 17, 2005
137 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
got grilled chicken and fries as the main part then added lettunce/tomato/onion/corn/bean/avocado/asia sesame sauce. thought it was pretty good but i do find it funny they use a teaspoon to put on the new toppings instead of for example tongs or a scoop. the teaspoon basically picks up nothing. was a little salty (not sure if that was the fries or the chicken) but otherwise pretty good. dunno if id pay $8+tax though regularly. nice to see its real chicken not that styrofoam stuff that subway sells and now is comically suing CBC for calling them out on it.
Jan 12, 2017
570 posts
81 upvotes
No more 50off entire order.. They fixed it.. If the highlight the bowl u only get 50off bowl Frowning Face With Open Mouth
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Feb 7, 2017
38 posts
26 upvotes
Buy one, take it to the car and come back and order the next one. Problem solved !!
Jan 31, 2007
406 posts
145 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I try today, Never again. Will go back to my cheese burger
:)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5856 posts
803 upvotes
I ordered it today.
It wasn't bad. Not worth the full price.
50% is pretty good.

Photo for scale.

× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel