Expired Hot Deals

[Harvey's] 50% off Harvey's Build-A-Bowl

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 5:48 pm
Nov 26, 2004
413 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
This this again from two other locations. I've come to realize that the experience is highly dependent on the location. Downtown (Commerce Court) is skimpy on their toppings, and missing a few as well. Just doesn't taste so good. Stockyards location on the other hand had a tough time closing the lid to the bowl with all the toppings they loaded up. The gf is vegan and she thoroughly enjoyed hers and would definitely get this at full price. Harvey's does have some of the better veggie burgers out there, so that helps. Usually she gets a veggie patty with the toppings in a poutine container, sans bun w/ fries on the side. So this is pretty much the same thing but a larger portion and more topping options.

Suggestions are:
- They need some pre-suggested mixes. Too many mix-n-match toppings makes it confusing and slows the process down.
- They need better utensils for scooping. A little spoon doesn't work for some of those toppings like the corn & black beans. And the tiny tongs for picking up the Asian noodles looked frustrating.
- The ingredients list posted on the clear glass in white writing... it should be on a black background. Reading the ingredients is tough.
- The sauce can make or ruin this thing. I find on a bed of fries the Big Harv sauce works well. Asian Sesame is horrible unless you're on a bed of lettuce.

In the end, if the price was maybe $1 cheaper (full price), I'd grab this as a filling lunch option with the grilled chicken. At half price I'm good with it as it is, and will still go back and figure out good topping mixes.

+++ath0
NO CARRIER
Feb 6, 2017
39 posts
21 upvotes
I was in a piggish mood this evening so got fries with Buffalo Chicken (good choice). Should've just gotten gravy (extra cost) for the fries instead of misc. toppings that didn't make any sense like pickles, cucumbers and tomatoes lol.

Think I will go back to the salad bowl with crispy chicken tomorrow.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13066 posts
915 upvotes
Toronto
1 Angus, 1 Crispy Chicken
Images
"Deal of the Day" addict
Penalty Box
May 16, 2006
3697 posts
243 upvotes
Commerce court is so cheap with the toppings, lol. It's unbelievable
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13763 posts
2323 upvotes
Toronto
Wow what a terrible idea. Throw random crap into a bowl and charge $7.49. I don't see anyone buying this at regular price.
Feb 6, 2017
39 posts
21 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 5:12 pm
Wow what a terrible idea. Throw random crap into a bowl and charge $7.49. I don't see anyone buying this at regular price.
Not only this but the workers all seemed like they hated serving this gimmicky item lol.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13763 posts
2323 upvotes
Toronto
HN12345 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 5:20 pm
Not only this but the workers all seemed like they hated serving this gimmicky item lol.
Ya they are using spoons to fill up this bowl. Pathetic. Skimped big time, but how many times are you going to tell them. Rather just try once and never again. Simple as that.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4079 posts
388 upvotes
Mississauga
this bowl is average....i don't think it will last long at the regular prices....
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
19548 posts
2835 upvotes
Waterloo
Ordered 1 from Waterloo Weber location. They needed the coupon
Angus, Fries, Asian sesame dressing, Lettuce/tomato/cucumber

Not bad, I liked it, better than burger
but probably wouldn't pay $7-$8 regular price for it
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1124 posts
168 upvotes
I had one yesterday (Angus) and I thought it was delicious and a great deal after the 50% off coupon. Honestly though even at regular price it's slightly cheaper than chipotle which makes it more tempting. I live equal distance from a chipotle and a Harvey's so I would probably go to Harvey's over Chipotle to save a bit and to avoid the line ups.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13763 posts
2323 upvotes
Toronto
gqbluez wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 5:54 pm
I had one yesterday (Angus) and I thought it was delicious and a great deal after the 50% off coupon. Honestly though even at regular price it's slightly cheaper than chipotle which makes it more tempting. I live equal distance from a chipotle and a Harvey's so I would probably go to Harvey's over Chipotle to save a bit and to avoid the line ups.
You can't really compare this crap to Chiptole. Chiptole is way way better. At least the flavors make sense.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1124 posts
168 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:03 pm
You can't really compare this crap to Chiptole. Chiptole is way way better. At least the flavors make sense.
I guess I have pretty low culinary standards. Aside from the angus burger meat I thought everything was comparable to chipotle. I mean it's the same ingredients just better/real meat at chipotle. Either way I still enjoyed it Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Mar 3, 2017
110 posts
41 upvotes
Tried it and I thought it is an excellent deal. The server was more than happy to fulfill to my requests for more and more veggies even asked if I could finish it all

At regular price probably not worth it.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
12686 posts
7875 upvotes
Toronto
Also had good experience with my first time trying this today at Hooker Harvey's. Got salad base. Buffalo chicken. Loads of jalapeno, guac, salsa, corn+beans, tomato,cucumber. Loved it. Great deal op!
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus