1 Angus, 1 Crispy Chicken
These pictures look a lot better than the ones posted earlier in the thread
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
1485 posts
456 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:38 pm
Also had good experience with my first time trying this today at Hooker Harvey's. Got salad base. Buffalo chicken. Loads of jalapeno, guac, salsa, corn+beans, tomato,cucumber. Loved it. Great deal op!
I ordered basically the same today. It was filling for a few hours.

It's obvious that Harvey's hasn't set up a specific process for the bowls. The employee slapped the guacamole on the salad with a spatula meant for burgers. The lettuce wasn't shredded properly. That said, it was tasty and I'd buy it again at 50% off.
Jun 7, 2011
9 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
This is one of my first ever posts, just for you all!

We got two bowls. I got fries w/ buffalo chicken (+lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos, harv sauce, chipotle sauce, and relish)
My friend got salad w/ grilled chicken (+lettuce, tomato, beans/corn, croutons, salsa, guac, crispy noodles, a bit of hot peppers, and sweet chili thai dressing/sauce)

She wanted shredded cheese, but they charge $1.90 extra to add a mix of bacon and cheese. No thanks.

MY REVIEW
SIZE: 8/10
VALUE: 9/10 with coupon, 5/10 otherwise
TASTE: 6.5/10

HER REVIEW:
SIZE: 8/10
VALUE: 8/10 with coupon, 5/10 otherwise
TASTE: 6/10

They both tasted more or less like you'd expect. All of those "things" in a bowl. Neither were bad. Both were filling and respectable for what they were, but the sauces weren't really designed as dressings. The buffalo chicken + fries pair together really well. I liked the crispy noodles and guac/salsa in hers. She couldn't finish it, but she's a light eater so I had the rest of hers too. I thought hers had nicer add-ins than mine, but their "salad" is pretty boring.... also, their buffalo chicken tastes a lot better than the plain old grilled chicken

$8.29 for mine
$7.99 for hers
with coupon, $8.14 + tax = $9.20 for the two ....which is a great value. At regular price? Not likely to buy again.

EDIT: the fact they don't cut the tomato slices and pickle slices at all is just silly. I forgot to point that out initially.

P.S. As you can see in this picture, they were both filled. She could barely close the lids. Sorry I didn't get it from an angle, but they were relatively deep bowls. My Presto card is there for scale, as it is a standard "credit card" profile, which everyone knows the size of!

Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1055 posts
305 upvotes
London
Does anyone know if their rice, fries, sauces and toppings are gluten free?
Dec 30, 1969
789 posts
336 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Gee hmm let's think about that one $4 gluten free rice fries sauces lol is gluten free bread a dollar at grocery stores ? Lol
Jan 12, 2017
577 posts
81 upvotes
is the buffalo chicken hot or spicy? i've only had the crispy chicken so far
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Feb 6, 2017
29 posts
17 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 5:33 am
is the buffalo chicken hot or spicy? i've only had the crispy chicken so far
Yes, like it was marinated with Frank's hot sauce.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3474 posts
851 upvotes
One of the reasons that I dislike Harvey's is that they seem to inflate prices and then give out coupons.

So, I already know that this will be priced too much regularly.

It's not really a question of if there will be coupons, but how much?
Nov 28, 2011
486 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Just had a Buffalo chicken bowl with my girlfriend at the Harveys on Vic Park and Sheppard.

Overall, positive experience (considering what you get).

I got:
Buffalo chicken on lettuce base
Tomatoes
Jalepenos
Hot peppers
Guac
Corn and beans
Crispy noodles
Salsa
Asian sesame sauce

My girlfriend got:
Buffalo chicken on lettuce base
Tomatoes
Onion
Cucumber
Guac (x3)
Corn and beans
Crispy noodles
Croutons
Salsa
Sweet chili thai sauce

Portions were very acceptable for a $4.15 salad. My girlfriend commented that if any other restaurant offered something like this, it'd be on par for regular price ($9-11).

Flavors were overwhelming however. The Buffalo chicken was oversauced. Everything else tasted like independent burger toppings trying to come together.

Nonetheless, it still did it for me. Pretty good health food option if you play it smart too!

Can't comment on the rice or fries base options as I haven't tried them... But considering that these are cold burger toppings, I can't imagine they'd compliment the fries/rice bases well..

Some photos below :)

*protip: close the bowl and shake it well to incorporate all the ingredients. Tastes more like a salad that way.
*protip2: my server wasn't generous with the initial servings of each ingredient, but was totally okay with adding more upon request.

Would come back again :) (during promo period)
Images
Last edited by bluegang6 on Mar 19th, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 24, 2013
10 posts
Markham
brensavoyton wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:11 am
Wtf!?! I went there on monday this week and they told me they were not offering this deal
I went today. They are offering it but I agree with shyhermit, it's still not worth your money because they skimp on toppings and the employees are extremely rude.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4221 posts
501 upvotes
North York
Seems portions are not standardized across the stores. Visited 2 stores not far from each other. One offered a larger base while the other was more generous on the toppings. Great deal nevertheless!
Aug 27, 2012
132 posts
47 upvotes
Calgary
Tried it for the first time yesterday. I went with crispy chicken and fries base. Overall both me and my girlfriend liked it. Portion was bigger than expected and as a result my gf couldn't even finish hers.

Good deal for $4, can't see myself paying $8 for it though.

P.S. It was full price here at the place I went to in Calgary. I mentioned that online it says that for the first two weeks it should be half the price and then lady at the counter applied the discount.
Dec 15, 2006
338 posts
79 upvotes
Ottawa
pauliaK wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:46 am
P.S. It was full price here at the place I went to in Calgary. I mentioned that online it says that for the first two weeks it should be half the price and then lady at the counter applied the discount.
You are supposed to show the coupon to get it for half price. It isn't automatic.
Aug 27, 2012
132 posts
47 upvotes
Calgary
virgonomic wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:03 am
You are supposed to show the coupon to get it for half price. It isn't automatic.
I didn't know this :)
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel